WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #93 of 124 Hotels in Miami
Fredonia, New York
“Best Bang for Buck”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

My best friend and I stayed there for two nights at the end of October. We were surprised that we were upgraded to a nicer suite. The people at the service desk were extremely helpful, friendly and helped us with a replacement room key when we locked ourselves out. They also had maps for the city and gave us tips on cheap city travel, which helped us out in a huge way. They are going through a transition of both management and repairs, but honestly, that wasn't an issue when the people working there were so nice. I would book this hotel again. $80 a night in a central location makes it nearly perfect.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank AshNeum

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Slovak first
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

This place has the potential to be good. However the owners along with maybe just poor management, has let the building run down. Please the online pictures sell you a great place for a great price. Please spend the extra $50-$60 dollars and stay next door at the Hyatt.

Had booked 2 nights here in Aug-2013 for my cruise. We found this place online. It seemed perfect for the 2 nights before I left for my cruise, and the price worked and location to the port. Upon arrival the lobby was okay. Checking in was a problem since first they said we had no reservation's, then they found it and booked us twice....ugh. Tired and just wanted to get to our room we finally headed up. Hallways smelled of ciggarette's...yet you passesd a few non-smoking signs. We finally entered our room. The enclosed room smelled musty. They may not have cleaned the room in a while, due to the fact it smelled not fresh, smokey and menus from local restaurants littered the floor. We were like what. The room was not welcoming. We said 2 nights let's make it work.

1. The telephone's did not work in the room.
2. The bathroom sink clogged. Maintenance was rude spoke no english and looked annoyed that we needed assistance to have it unclogged.
3. Shower did not work well. However after the maintenance was so rude. My hubby fixed it enough so we can all take a shower.

The sheets looked unclean really it was like a motel. We just slept on top and made the best of it. The beds will take your back out by 2am my husband and I were up finding it hard to sleep. The room was so stuffy. I aired it out opened all the windows so we can fall back to sleep. We longed for daylight. As soon as morning came we looked for another hotel. We went downstairs and spoke to the manager on duty and asked for our second night to be refunded. I was greateful he worked with us. We left that morning so quickly. The hotel we fled too was the B2 hotel right downtown for a few dollars more we we got an awesome hotel very chic...very Miami across from Biscayne Marketplace in the heart of the excitement.

Word of advice River Park Hotel and Suites was between $95 dollars and up. The B2, The Hyatt and other hotels were around $120 and up. River Park is a run down Hotel that deserves no ones hard earned money spend the extra few dollars and stay in a real hotel. Also the location this hotel is in. Be careful in the dark. They area was questionable did not like that. Heck I am a New Yorker. However that area a little dark lot's of people displaced sleeping in corners and such. So unless you have no other choice not recommeded. Please see my other review on the B2 Hotel and my experience there.

Room Tip: NONE!.... Find another hotel.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank nsubahwon

Travelers are raving about these Miami hotels

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

After driving around the block five times thanks to closed roads and poor signs we finally arrived to be greeted by no one. The valet attendant continued to carry on a conversation while watching three women unload their own luggage. Once the last bag hit the ground we had to find our own luggage cart while yet again the front desk attendant as well as another valet attendant watched our struggle. Some twenty minutes later we finally got our room. Two full beds with a single king size head board as decoration, where's the Ice bucket? Forget that where's the ice machine. Depends on who you ask. The homeless pregnant women who was in a very heated debate with herself was entertaining, until she started asking guests for cigarettes. And the vacant restaurant ten feet away made for a nice all night vagrant disco. The cherry on top was when sitting by the pool at night enjoying the waterway we proceeded to watch a homeless man shoot up drugs, urinate on the hotel we are staying at and then pass out, this all happened ten feet away from where we were sitting. Bring pepper spray, or a tetnus shot but make sure you use the buddy system after dark!

• Stayed October 2013
4 Thank Courtneyb1987
San Francisco
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

We stayed there last weekend before our cruise. When I was looking for a room the reviews weren't too scathing. Very reasonable price. Ya get what you pay for. The only bright spot was the front desk. Other than one young man who seemed overwhelmed by it all, they were genuinely helpful and nice. Right as we checked I asked for and was charged for a late check out the next afternoon. I had asked for an extra pillow and a few hours later it hadn't shown up but when I called the front desk again, it was delivered within minutes. Nice. Not so nice was us waking up with multiple bug bites all over our legs. Coincidence ? Maybe not. We have low-flow toilets at home. The hotel had NO flow toilets. Had to flush multiple times. The comforter had lots of cigarette holes. The sheets were so thin I thought it was just the mattress. The "breakfast" the next morning was ridiculous. Wonder Bread only. Frozen mini muffins. No tea. Warm milk for cereal. No fruit. "Continental" is one thing. This was a joke. And a woman selling excursions got in everyone's face and badgered them into taking one of her trips. Then the kicker ... in the morning I was away and my husband stayed behind. Even though the late check in was handled the day before, TWICE the maids POUNDED on our door, demanding my husband leave and go downstairs to sort it out. He has anxiety issues and this almost sent him over the edge. Not to be racist, but if the hotel workers speak NO English, how are we to communicate ?? So my husband had to hurridly pack up all our stuff alone and drag it all downstairs, where we sat for 1 1/2 hours before we went to the port. I had wanted to have a relaxing day in the our room till we needed to leave. Didn't want to get to the port early with the thousands of other cruisers. So irate. Bad way to start a fun trip. The manager apologized up and down and without my asking took off the late checkout fee. Good thing. It is centrally located, which was a plus. Right next to the elevated train. And a wierd side note ... there were multiple huge BIZARRE statues all over the lobby. The one right in the middle was of a massive woman, laying on her ample stomach, riding a wave, smoking a cigarette/cigar, with her ta-tas right in your face. WTF?

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank shadykatie
Warsaw Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

We had to wait for rooms to be cleaned before we could even check in, even with reservations 2 months in advance.Beds were the worst I've slept in, the comforter smelled,rooms were dirty.Spend a little more and don't stay here.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Kevin C
Bryn Mawr
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

we visited there on labor day weekend. Hotel is quite good we have been promoted to a suite it was a good surprise. Room was quite big and clean. You can choose to have downtown view or river view room.But the sad part is Miami downtown has no night life. There was no body on streets at 9 in night. Every single place was closed. Somehow we found a restaurant for dinner. So if you are a night party person dont stay in downtown. Rather choose a place near south beach and enjoy your evening at ocean st.

Room Tip: River side rooms have a good view.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sachin A
Bonaire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

Hmm, I guess my experience wasn't as bad as some of the other reviewers. My girlfriend and I had to be close to the Dutch embassy, which was within 5 minute walking distance. We also found the location good for shopping, as there is a shopping district within easy walking distance. Was it luxury? No, but we just needed to be there 2-3 days. We found the service to be decent, and the staff seemed very willing to accomodate our needs, and give directions and advice, but that may be because she speaks Spanish?

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business