River Park Hotel & Suites Downtown/Convention Center
Ranked #95 of 123 Hotels in Miami
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Bed Bugs!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

It did not take more than 5 minutes for me to check out of this place. I pulled the bed cover off and saw things crawling. I lost $25 on their valet parking and finally got my money back after disputing the charge through the credit card company. The hotel and Travelocity refused to credit me. I spent twice as much down the street at the Courtyard and couldnt have been any happier.
Stay at your own risk!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Small E

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Slovak first
Detroit, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

The ceilings were literally falling apart! Every time we used the elevator we feared being stuck. Pool was closed! OUT DATED! OUT DATED! OUT DATED! TERRIBLE MATTRESSES! We left the same day we checked in and went to a different hotel. I must admit it has a good location but its not worth it. STAY AT A NEIGHBORING HOTEL!

• Stayed August 2012
3 Thank 12MCrystal

Travelers are raving about these Miami hotels

Turku, Finland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

We stayed at this hotel only 1 night. I chose this hotel because it was close to port of Miami. That was actually only good thing about this hotel. Hotel was really outdated and needs refurbishment. For one night it was ok, but I wouldn't stay at this hotel any longer. Breakfast was really basic, toast, butter, pastries, cereals, coffee, milk and juice. Service was just ok. Shuttle service to port worked well.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank travelergirl82
Newfoundland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

Returned to hotel to find room door open. Fortunately everything was intact but unnerving experience. Gave us a room with a broken lock, "upgraded" to a suite. No room less than a suite should ever be rented out here. Beds are rock hard, furnishings old and dirty, carpet worn. Spend the extra to stay in comfort and safety. I wish I heeded the warnings on TA.

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank LisaJudy
Lima, Perú
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

The hotel was as I expected for the price. It was confortable, the employees, very kind and efficient. The only thing I would to improve was the breakfast (the same everyday), and the availability of internet in the rooms

Room Tip: The rooms with view to Miami River, the best
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

River Park Hotel is not the most fantastic hotel out there, but I chose it because of its price and location. I was in Miami for business, and comparing it to one of the Hilton hotels I previously stayed in (paid by my company) would be unfair. The furniture was outdated, and the elevator was a bit creaky, and Bee Gees music looped constantly at the reception area, but the highlights for me overpowered these low points. For the price I was paying, I got a lounge room with my bedroom - the lounge area included a kitchen sink, dining room table, couch and TV. Let alone the TV in my bedroom as well. Basic amenities were provided, and breakfast was provided too. But don't get disillusioned. Again, you get for the price you're paying. It was a "no nonsense" Continental breakfast with plastic plates and cups put out there, and you could pick up your own vacuum packed Danish pastry, cupcake, toast and cereal. It was a buffet though, so come on, you can't be picky. And yes, you don't get wi-fi in your room, so loads of people gathered on the ground floor with their laptops.
The best part for me were the friendly reception staff. When I checked in, it appeared that the hotel was really popular, with mostly families checking in, and the staff spoke both Spanish and English for these visitors. Their names were Cynthia and Danubio, and as busy as it was, they still took the time to get to know the visitor - where are you from; why are you here; what do you do. They made the visitor still feel like a special individual for that brief moment before the next person had to check in. I had to print something out, and had no printer; and these two staff members organised a print-out for me. I asked the best way to get to South Beach, and they didn't just say, "take a taxi"; Cynthia offered me suggestions of how to use the bus as well. I don't know how they cope day in and day out with Bee Gees music looping constantly (it is a bit much when it's the same songs) but they always had a smile and offered great service.
I wanted a basic hotel room with a bathroom during my stay in Miami, and I got exactly that. And friendly service to top it off.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Itajai, SC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

The only impressive thing about the hotel is the lobby. The hotel is old and outdated. We asked for a non-smoking room and the room was smelling bad, I´m not sure if it was because it has not being used or if it was a smoking room at some point before. There´s no fridge in the bedrooms and no ice machines. No wi-fi in the bedrooms as well, only in the lobby. There´s also no parking, only valet parking at 25U$ a day. The breakfast is very basic. I don´t recommend this hotel at all!!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple