WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of HYATT house Miami Airport

HYATT house Miami Airport
Ranked #22 of 124 Hotels in Miami
Oak Ridge, Tennessee
“Hyatt's hidden gem near the Miami airport”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

I often stay at Hyatt properties however until today had not experienced a stay at one of their Hyatt House properties. I chose the one near the Miami airport since I had an early morning flight out. The hotel is a little hard to find, however it's really comfortable and offers super accommodations.

My suite had a sitting room and kitchenette -- more than enough room for an extended stay (even though I was there for only one night!) The front desk staff are young, enthusiastic and very helpful.

I'd certainly try another Hyatt House hotel and would recommend this one very highly.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Bill L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

My family of two children and two adults stayed here for a week during our trip to Miami and it was absolutely wonderful! My parents were freaking out over the complimentary buffet and they even served beer and wine! Rates are relatively low compared to other hotels offering the same amenities. Hotel staff was very kind and helpful providing us with directions and recommendations of restaurants, etc. Our suite was spacious, clean and most importantly, affordable unlike other hotels who charge more than $200/night with not nearly as many amenities as the Hyatt. Would return in a heartbeat upon my next trip to Ft. Lauderdale/Miami!

Room Tip: Try to get a suite on the 3rd floor or above.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Gody A, General Manager at HYATT house Miami Airport, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Thank you for the great review! We are ecstatic that you enjoyed your visit at Hyatt House Miami Airport. Perspective business travelers will definitely appreciate your review when they are trying to decide where to stay when traveling to Miami. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to see you again in the not too distant future!
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

Anyone who reads my reviews (all twelve of you! ;) know about our horrid experience with the Hyatt Place Plantation, in May 2013. I was going to swear off Hyatt forever had the corporate guest services not responded so swiftly and personally to my complaint, offering apologies and a free night. Therefore, we booked at the Hyatt House Miami Airport en route to the Caribbean, and it has been a thoroughly pleasant stay. The rooms are spacious, clean and quiet. The complimentary breakfast generous (although they could include some healthier options, such as unsweetened cereal) and they also serve an evening buffet, also gratis, with wine and beer. (This reminded me of the amazing free tapas at London's Melia White House Hotel, but that is for another review.)
The hotel is but 4 miles from the airport but there is no plane noise. It is also very close to some modest restaurants (see my review of the Cuban cuisine Casa Juan.)
This Hyatt is affordable, with a friendly, helpful front desk staff.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Katgalmusic
Santa Cruz
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

Very nice stay. Clean, spacious and conveniently located for those in transit (next to grocery, pharmacy and Starbucks).The friendly staff takes pride in their work, I was particularly impressed with Kevin at the front desk. I loved the shuttle service to and from the grocery store, the housekeeping did a great job as well. Great value for the money. Would definitely go back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Gosport, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

On a business trip to Florida and left the booking of everything to the guys in the US. In a 1 bed suite in the Hyatt, very big and very comfortable, great for an extended stay as you get a fully functioning kitchen and a big lounge area.

Staff are great very friendly and like to help. Every night 1730 to 1900 drinks and food all free you could fill up quite easily here but it would be a waste as there are great place to eat, so just have the beer!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for your feedback regarding your recent stay experience at the Hyatt house Miami Airport. I am thrilled that we were able to exceed your expectations in all areas. Our goal is to make memories for our guests and I am very happy that we succeeded in doing so for you. I will be sure to share your positive feedback with the entire team. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel the next time you are Miami.
Trinidad
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Stayed here with my two brothers on our little sibling vacation. Had a really nice clean an spacious room. Big clean bathroom. Breakfast was good , a proper assortment of choices. Friendly staff . Definitely staying again. ..in august 2013 when I visit.

• Stayed November 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

The Hyatt House Miami Airport has the makings of a good transit hotel, but it could use some work. Let's start with the positives. My room was clean, but the kitchen was showing some signs of wear. The bed was comfortable, and I liked the Kenet MD shampoo and conditioner. The free breakfast was very good, with a nice selection of hot and cold items. The hotel also provides a shuttle to and from the airport, but upon arriving at the airport, it's necessary to call the hotel to have them send the shuttle. It took 30 minutes to come, but on my return to the airport, the shuttle left right on time from the hotel.

Now for some of the cons. It was noisy. I had a room of the second floor overlooking the courtyard, and I could hear every word spoken by a family hanging out. There was a kid running up and down the hall, and again, I could hear his footsteps and his parents' trying to get hold of him. Then there was noise coming from the room above me. In the end, I used ear plugs, and I got a good night's sleep. But this place is not for light sleepers. So yes, the hotel served its purpose, but there wasn't really anything that stood out to make me want to book this place the next time I need a night in Miami near the airport.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo