“Excellent place to stay.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of HYATT house Miami Airport

HYATT house Miami Airport
Ranked #22 of 124 Hotels in Miami
“Excellent place to stay.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

Nice split plan room with full kitchen.close to Airport,but no noise.very nice bed.Cant beat the rates compared to others with when you factor in extras.Breakfast bar was good.This will be regular stop when in town.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Gody A, General Manager at HYATT house Miami Airport, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback about our hotel. We work to ensure that every guest has an enjoyable stay with us. We hope you to see you again when you are back in the Miami area.

Best Regards,

Gody Almonte

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
leics. UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

We arrived into Miami airport from Heathrow on Wednesday evening en route to the Gulf Coast.We had reserved this hotel following the excellent reviews on Tripadvisor having cancelled a reservation at the Miami Airport Hotel due to very poor reviews.

We were not disappointed, the free shuttle service arrived within 15 minutes of our phone call and in short time we were at reception. It was 6.55pm and the conciege advised us to go and enjoy a free beer and something to eat at the evening reception before checking in - most acceptable following a 10 hour flight and a very long day.

We were able to get free wifi by the pool as well as in the room which was great.

With many years experience of long distance travel we expected we would have a disturbed night's sleep and had reserved a two bed, two bath room. To have a kitchen is also a must for drinks and snacks at 2am! The room wasn't a problem but only the ground floor was available which I do not like. However for one night I coped and the bed was super big and oh so comfy.

The complimentary breakfast next morning was typical American fodder which, as a non- breakfast eater at home, I regard as my holiday treat and I love it. Scambled eggs, sausage, potatoes and toast can't be beat.

We found all the staff to be very friendly and accomodating and the shuttle next morning to the car rental was an added bonus.

I highly recommend this hotel but to be honest would probably prefer to pay top dollar for a hotel in Miami Beach if that was to be my final destination.

However we will definitely use this hotel again when transitting through Miami.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Gody A, General Manager at HYATT house Miami Airport, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay at Hyatt House Miami Airport. Our staff will also be delighted to hear your wonderful comments. Once again, thank you for your business.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

Room indeed comfortable. Quiet (facing opposite to the airport).

Good WiFi.

Breakfast quite satisfying and well presented, and it's free!

Great check-out process.

Shuttle back to the airport "event less".

1 Thank Rodolfo B
Gody A, General Manager at HYATT house Miami Airport, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay at Hyatt house Miami Airport. Our staff will also be delighted to hear your wonderful comments. Once again, thank you for your business!

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

Rude, rude shuttle driver! Forget about relaxing. Be aware that if you arrive late (9:30PM) and you're "lucky" to get the same driver we did, sarcarm and attitude will be part of the package.

Fair check-in process.

Good, clean, comfortable room.

Really not worth the hassle of leaving the airport. Better put up with the lousy service and outrageous price of the MIA on-site airport.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay experience with us. Our goal is to create memories for our guests and I apologize that this was the memory that we created for you. I assure you that we are a far better hotel than the one that you encountered during your stay. I have shared your comments with the various departments in the hotel as we strive to provide our guests with the best service and product possible and work hard to hone those pieces all the time. I hope that should your travels bring you back to Miami you will give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Best Regards,

Nürnberg, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

I stayed just one night in Miami before catching my next flight, and chose the right place:

The hotel is very near and easy to reach (I had a rental car, but there is also a free shuttle service). My room was like a suite with a separate sitting area including a kitchen, a bedroom with a second flat screen TV, and a spacious bathroom.

I liked the sitting area, it has a modern L-shaped sofa so I was able to stretch out in front of the TV (and had ample space to unwrap all my shopping ...). Wifi was flawless and free, it worked even at the pool.

The pool area was a big plus, it was nice to catch some sun before my red eye flight the next evening.

The service was really excellent, and always with a smile: I was one hour late for the (free) breakfast (and I wasn't alone that Sunday morning), everything had been out away, but the lady brought my all I needed from the kitchen and helped out the other guests as well, so everybody left and started their day not hungry but in a great mood.

At reception, Marcel is worth mentioning, he really gives excellent service, and managed to get me an 8pm (!) checkout for my late night departure. The gentleman who checked me out eventually, I suspect he's the hotel manager, is quite a character, I left with a smile. And will be back.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank rneugebauer
Thanks for your feedback regarding your recent stay experience at the Hyatt house Miami Airport. I am thrilled that we were able to exceed your expectations in all areas. Our goal is to make memories for our guests and I am very happy that we succeeded in doing so for you. I will be sure to share your positive feedback with the entire team and specifically Marcel at the front desk and Blanca in the Kitchen. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel the next time you are Miami.

Regards,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

We stayed here for one night before leaving for our destination. It looks new, was quiet, safe and much nicer than a hotel we stayed at previously which was a dump! The other one CI, was dumpy and had shady people there and in a bad section. This was in a quiet place, with no loud people or huge groups holding up check-in.They have complimentary beer and wine at dinner time with appetizers and their van will bring you to dinner and pick you up. If looking for a good place to eat, behind the hotel is a really good Cuban restaurant in a shopping plaza. The beds are comfortable and they have breakfast for you in the am. Good value and very nice hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

I had a great stay at the Hyatt House in Miami two weeks ago. I was truly WOWed by the high level of customer service provided by the Hyatt staff. From the cleaning staff to the front desk, everyone greeted me with a smile and was helpful. The service at the Hyatt House was fantastic. Before I booked, I call the hotel’s front desk and spoke with Marcel and the manager Gody. I asked a few questions about the hotel, its location and accommodations. Marcel was very friendly, informative and professional. I thought his friendly demeanor was just part of the phone service, but I was amazed that he was as friendly, professional and helpful in person.
I had a few minor issues with my room and the front desk quickly sent a service person to my room. The front desk offered to call one of their engineers in from home for a minor issue that I brought to their attention but it was too minor to have them call someone in from home. The next morning the service engineer was at our door.
I could have stayed at a hotel closer to downtown or the beach but the cost for those hotels was a lot more and had additional fees. I could not see spending extra at the other hotels that were closer to the beach for a room that I would only stay in for a few hours a night. The Hyatt House met my needs, I felt safe, there was a shopping center within walking distance, the hotel was near a major interstate, the rooms were clean; there was free parking, free breakfast and free internet. The Hotel was close enough to the beach and downtown so driving was not an issue for me. The only noise was from another guest running in the halls but this is no fault of the hotel. I didn’t realize the hotel was in a flight path until I was at the pool and a plane flew over. I honestly did not hear the planes when I was inside the hotel. We stayed on the second floor if that helps.
I can say that I will stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Gee009
Thanks for your feedback regarding your recent stay experience at the Hyatt house Miami Airport. I am thrilled that we were able to exceed your expectations in all areas. Our goal is to make memories for our guests and I am very happy that we succeeded in doing so for you. I will be sure to share your positive feedback with the entire team and specifically Marcel at the front desk. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel the next time you are Miami.

Regards,