HYATT house Miami Airport
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
  • Free Internet
1,512 results
All reviewsfull kitchenmiami airportbedroom suiteliving areayogurtfree breakfastcuban restaurantshuttle servicepool and hot tubthe breakfast arealong flightrental carbusiness centerdolphin mallstayed one nightfront desk stafffree shuttle
Reviewed March 13, 2013

After leaving Customs at Miami I was directed to the lower level by a ‘helpful’ American Airlines Agent and spent time looking for the bus stop for the hotel van pick-up. Failing to find one I asked and was directed to the Upper (Departures) Level. Again, looking for signs proved fruitless and I asked someone else. Apparently I was supposed to know that you have to stand on the middle island and flag the bus down when it comes. No signs, no hints, no clues – that seems to be the motto for MIA.

After a long flight, with little sleep and a painful immigration process I was pretty ready to get to the hotel. I called the Hyatt House who advised that the bus would be about 20 minutes as it leaves every 30 minutes from the property.

In due time the van turned up, and I flagged it down. One stop to pick up two women who claimed that they had been waiting 45 minutes and we were off to the hotel.

I have stayed at the property some time ago, and as it was a new year wanted to start my Hyatt stay re-qualification. The hotel staff were friendly, confirming that I had been upgraded to a two bedroom suite as a Diamond, and explaining about the evening and morning food offerings. I had an 0630 flight and so checked on options to get me to the airport in time. This turned out to be a taxi as the first shuttle leaves at 0530.

The room was on the first floor overlooking the airport, which caused some noise during the night.

The two bedrooms (each with their own bathroom) meet at the common area/sitting room/kitchen area.

The bedrooms were almost identical and had seperate showers/bath tubs and basins.

The evening snacks (free wine and beer!) were on the ground floor where the breakfast is served:

The evening when I went down there was a salad you could make yourself, some soup/broth, as well as chicken wings. Not a bad spread.

During the evening I received 3 flyers under the door for delivery options from local restaurants, although the hotel advises against using these following complaints.

Overall
A good stay with only the occasional interruption. If I had more energy I would have gone to the supermarket which is a 10 minute walk away. (There is also a Starbucks there, and an Office Depot). The cab came when booked the next morning and took 10-15 minutes back to the airport for $16.

Room Tip: Side or rear facing are away from the airport.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Mark B
Gody A, General Manager at HYATT house Miami Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2013

We appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback regarding your stay. We as a hotel work hard to ensure every guest has a great experience during their stay, and it seems like you did. We hope to see you again the next time you are in Miami.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

I loved the two bedroom suite - cheaper than getting two individual rooms. There were 2 bathrooms and one living room with sofabed and mini kitchen. There was a shuttle every 30 mins at the airport. Contrary to what some of the reviews said the breakfast was replenished it was a hot breakfast with good variety. Staff were friendly and helpful. close to the airport and parking is free. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013
Gody A, General Manager at HYATT house Miami Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Thank you for sharing your feedback about our hotel. We work to ensure that every guest has an enjoyable stay with us. We hope you to see you again when you are back in the Miami area.

Best Regards,

Reviewed March 3, 2013

My two friends and I stayed here pre and post cruise Feb 22 and March 2 and don't have enough good things to say. The first night we stayed we were very happy with the room, two bedrooms, two complete bathrooms, full kitchen! After our cruise we were at the hotel by 8:45 a.m. I asked the front desk fellow if we could just leave our luggage with them because I knew the room would not be available until mid afternoon. He immediately told me he was going to see if he could get us a room right away, within 10 minutes he had us in our room. We asked about shopping and they made phone reservations for us to catch the Sawgrass shuttle from the hotel and later when we got back asked them to recommend a restaurant close by, they recommended Casa Juan Restaurant (Cuban) and we inquired if it was safe for 3 ladies to walk there and back. He immediately said they would take us and on the way over to the restaurant said when we were ready to come back to the hotel, to call him in his cell and he would come pick us up! Where do you get that kind of service and the shuttle driver was so much fun. He dropped us off at the restaurant and when we were in the restaurant, he said to the fellow who welcomes the guests to "take care of his girls". I would highly recommend this hotel and Casa Juan Restaurant, the food and service was absolutely perfection. Great location for airport and costs about $25 for a taxi to the pier

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Joanne A
Gody A, General Manager at HYATT house Miami Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about our hotel. We are thrilled to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay with us. We hope you will visit us again when you return to the Miami area.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

We were here for total of three nights before and after cruise and had a rental car which made moving around very easy. The property is ok, nothing special but we didn't miss anything either.

First two nights before the cruise we got a room with a "canal view" referring the concrete canal behind the property which had a lot of birds. Nothing to look at but this side proved later to be better because it was quieter than the room just above the lobby (noise from the airport) and more free parking spots in the back.

After the cruise we got a room from third floor directly above the lobby which meant that the windows faced the airport. Also in the bigger bedroom the window was crooked so that there was 1/4" gap between the window frame and the outer fixing. This caused our night to be quite cold and noisy as the wind and noise from the airport got straight in.

As we only noticed that late at night and were in the room for only one night, we didn't feel like having to get up and having the hassle of them trying to repair it in the middle of the night (in the other bedroom similar problem had been obiviously fixed with two angle irons and pop rivets forcing the window to be in right position). When we told about the matter while checking out next morning, we were apologized profusely and I hope that they really fixed the window. (I even left a post-it note on the window frame pointing to the hole that one could see clearly through.)

All in all I wouldn't hesitate going here again - probably will go again when cruising from Miami. This time there was nothing in Miami area that could have beaten the price-value of this Hyatt House. 2br suites are a great way of saving money on accommodation when there are two couples travelling.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank IntlAgentOfMystery
Gody A, Manager at HYATT house Miami Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Had a great stay at the Hyatt House near the MIA airport. Had a meeting at the med center in the morning with a colleague and we neded up staying in a 2 bedroom suite. The suite itself was spacious and well laid out with 2 separate bedrooms and baths. Large living room. Only issue I had was that they could have chosen a better brand of coffee for the rooms as well as have some herbal tea selections. Evening cocktail hour was nice and the breakfast met out needs as well. Multiple choices and extremely friendly staff. The overall hotel is well kept and smartly furnished. Overall, I felt the place was a good value <$90 per individual. Since we were both working on a joint product, I liked having a single suite. More than enough privacy but still had a joint working area. Highly recommend the location!

Room Tip: Two bedroom suites with 2 kings are a great value. Large enough for two couples.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank lohotraveler
Gody A, General Manager at HYATT house Miami Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay at Hyatt house Miami Airport. Our staff will also be delighted to hear your wonderful comments. Once again, thank you for your business!