“Could be cleaner....” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 120 Hotels in Miami
El Dorado Hills, CA
“Could be cleaner....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Stayed Nov. 6-9. The sheets appeared to be used (hair & washable spot) upon my late arrival, so I needed to strip them off and sleep on towels. Floors and carpets were too dirty for my comfort. Stainless steel refrigerator looked like an ape beat the heck out of it. In fact, all the appliances were jacked up, installed crooked & very loud. The staff were very friendly, even replacing an entire TV when mine would only get a few analog channels & no network TV. Breakfast & Evening social food was abundant & refreshed often. My only complaint would have to be the lack of cleanliness. Carpets need to be restretched throughout the hotel. No airport noise to be heard from my room. Ample, free parking. Free, Great internet signal.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

As a frequent Hyatt traveler, I have seen it all: good and bad. This has probably got to be my worst Hyatt experience ever. Granted, they have not been part of the Hyatt family for very long (neither has the staff), and granted most of the staff appear to be under 25, but they are in dire need of training.

I had prepaid my reservation on Hyatt.com for a king bed. When I checked in there were two desk clerks, one helping a guy in a suit and one helping me. I really scored the wrong one. The clerk helping the suit said things like, "I see you are platinum, thanks for your business" while my guy seemed to fumble around from the beginning. Probably new, I think, so I just stand there, saying nothing, waiting. He then proceeds to tell me that they upgraded me to a suite with 2 double beds. Well, I appreciate the offer, but I am alone and really just wanted a king, be it in a suite or not.

This is where it breaks down. I pull up my reservation on my phone and show the king bed and the fact that my bed type was guaranteed. He says, " but we upgraded you - you should be grateful." I should? Well, I appreciate the thought, but I just want what I reserved and paid for (in advance). "No. We are going to upgrade you. Thats what they did."

I tried to explain that a benefit of my status with Hyatt is guaranteed bed type. He says because they upgraded me, that is what I get. And thus we started going round and round. He never said, give me a second and let me see what I can do. He just keeps arguing with me. Not acceptable.

Then he whips out a "contract" for me to sign. In the 25 Hyatts I have stayed this year (including Park Hyatt's and Regencys) I have never had to sign a contract. With a highlighter he starts ticking off areas to initial and sign. "Initial your name," he says. Why? I ask. I mean, its my name - do you suddenly think I am going to change it and/or say it isn't me? "Its the law. Its a contract." Oh really? I think to myself.

Its clear to me this guy has no clue. I muddle through this the best I can (after his partner stepped in to secure my king bed). I get the keys and off to the room. This is a pretty big property and full of long, ugly, dated hallways. I felt like it would make a good scene for a horror movie.

The room is average. I was disappointed as there are no ice machines, so I had to wait for my fridge to produce them. Perhaps they could leave that feature on. Amenities were average. The bed is not a typical Hyatt bed (or at least it did not feel as such). Not 100% cleaned - some hairs on bathroom floor (I shave my head so I KNOW that they are not mine).

4am: Alarm starts blaring at max volume. Its dark. I am half asleep. The buttons are faded so I cant figure out how to turn it off. I push buttons until it stops. 4:15am: Alarm #2 starts blaring. I unplug it.

Breakfast: I always thought Hyatt House would be better than Hyatt Place but this does not seem to be the case. I added pics of the faux-eggs cheese omelet squares and mini sausages that were served. There were no knives or forks. Several of us wandered around looking, but only spoons. At 7:45am they were out. The food was luke warm. A huge disappointment.

The hotel is a good location. Free wifi. Free Parking. Maybe if staff had some better training things would have gone another direction. Personally, I would NOT stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
5 Thank ACubsFan007
CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed here for 1 night after a cruise before catching our flight home. Even though we did arrive early in the afternoon, they did have a room available for us, which we immediately went and crashed in. There is a shopping center a couple blocks away, in walking distance, so we got some food to make ourselves some dinner and for the flight home.
The shuttle driver gave us information on the easiest way to get to South Beach if we desired, which I will definitely store that information.
We overslept in the morning, so upon calling down to the front desk about the shuttle, which had already left, he offered to call a taxi since our flight was scheduled in an hour. So we did not get to sample the breakfast.
I would definitely stay again, but for more nights. The spacious two rooms definitely make a difference over the hotel feeling. Even though it is close to the airport, the sound was not enough to bother or awaken me.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

First of all, the two nimrods who scored this property as bad must have been staying at a different hotel (or work for the competition). I was here for a 7-day business trip. Everything about this stay was great from the front desk (Gus, Noel and Zig were very friendly and accomodating) - to the kitchen (staff was great and worked hard to keep the buffet stocked during peak time) - to housekeeping. Property was clean inside and out. Very close to a Publix and various restaurants. Wifi reception was excellent and you only have to log once for your whole stay - other competitive properties require a daily (and sometimes more) logons. Will definitely stay here again and would highly recommend.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank UTCFan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

This is a very conveniently located hotel, just 10 minutes drive from Miami airport. The staff are friendly and very helpful. The rooms were very spacious and clean. To top all of this, the breakfasts (free) were plentiful and tasty.
The hotel also offers free WiFi.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Rich1574
North Conway, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for two nights and was pleased with the standard of the rooms
. Most of all the staff couldn't do enough to help which is good to see these days, customer service because they want to be great. It's laid back and friendly, and the free food on the evening is pretty good as well.

• Stayed October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

One of the shittier hotels I've stayed in. Sheets were coated in groos chemicals that made my co-worker break out into a rash. No accommodations when it comes to food, etc, with the exception of some gross snacks and a nasty breakfast buffet that gave my other co-worker a stomach ache.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business