“Budget price, Resort-style friendliness”

HYATT house Miami Airport
Ranked #27 of 121 Hotels in Miami
Houston, Texas
“Budget price, Resort-style friendliness”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

Nice, clean, spacious, quiet all-suite hotel w/ kitchenettes. Free full breakfasts daily with plenty of seating. VERY friendly and helpful front-desk staff. Close to the airport, but no airport noise.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank KellyinKaty

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

My family stayed in one of their two bedroom units. These units are great for a family of 5 such as mine. Very spacious and plenty of sleeping room for everyone. Having a kitchenette was also bonus.

The unit was decently clean. Like almost all American hotels the condition of the carpets requires you to wear shoes. (Most Americans wear their shoes indoors on carpet making their carpets quite dirty.) But that's not to say that their carpets were any dirtier than any other major American hotel. They still look cosmetically good - but for this Canadian who doesn't wear shoes inside, I had to adapt to the American habit in order to keep my feet clean.

The quality of the breakfast was surprisingly good. I wasn't expecting it too be as good as it was. And there was a nice variety of food available so that everyone in my family had something to eat that suited their preferences / needs.

We found the staff at the hotel to be very good at looking after our needs, answering questions, and generally appearing to care about our stay with them. I give them good marks for that.

I review the place as 'great for the price' as the overall feel and decor is not super fancy. It is very nice, but if you're expecting something with a lot of luxury feel, you'll need to spend a lot more $$ elsewhere. However, for what it is - an affordable comfortable accommodation for families and business travellers - it is great. And of course, the proximity to the airport simply cannot be beat.

When we come back to Miami, we will be staying here.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Rousu
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

Great hotel. I love the fact that the rooms are very large. Plenty of space. Very well maintained. Very clean. I will be back. Check in was fast. Even though the hotel is right next to side of the airport runway you would never know it!

• Stayed September 2012
Long Island NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

Got to Miami while Isaac was leaving to Lousiana, after so much rain and winds got to the Hyatt House near the airport and my attitude change, very nice and helpful staff. The bedroom was big, the living room had a spacious sectional , the kitchen was fully loaded ( stove, microwave, fridge, pots, plates, cups, silverware ). Booked the hotel with months in advanced and paid 50% off the regular price. Free breakfast buffet and also FREE happy hour ( from 5pm to 6:30pm ). The hotel is very close to the airport ( free shutle) and close to the beach. Went there with my family and had a nice time, my son wanted to be in the pool all day. Would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

I found the hotel very good overall for my purposes (visiting some family members in the Miami area). However, the previous great reviews lead one to believe that it's a stellar facility. The hallways (carpets) and rooms (bathrooms) are in need of updating. However, the bedding is great and provided a wonderful night's sleep away from home. For longer stays, the well-equipped kitchen (stove, microwave, full refrigerator) are extremely helpful. The buffet breakfast is similar to those offered at Residence Inns, etc.
The Great part was in their customer service. I had to leave the hotel in a rush (the approaching Hurricane Isaac had cancelled my Sunday afternoon flight back to LA). I ran out of the hotel at 7PM on Saturday to catch the last flight out to Atlanta --- and, inadvertently, left 2 books in the bedroom. When I called on Monday, the assistant manager arranged for the books (and a belt and some other sundries I'd also left behind) to be returned to me via Federal Express. Many thanks.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Bruce B
boston, ma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

Great location, friendly staff who's available 24/7 to accommodate your needs. Huge room, bathroom, full kitchen and most importantly a very comfortable bed. I have been traveling consistently since 2010, this hotel is my favorite so far. Thank you

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank vuedeja
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2012

This hotel was excellent. There were several restaurants, and fast food places nearby, a grocery store within 2 blocks, and a shuttle that took us just about everywhere we needed to go. The only thing that was not so much fun was trying to find it on our own. It is next to the airport. That said, the airport at Miami is a bowl of spagetti under construction. You have no idea where you are when you exit the rental car garage. Even the GPS had a hard time finding it. I did not have the GPS(my sister in the other car did). I ended up driving through some pretty rough neighborhoods by myself trying to find the hotel. Got turned around twice, asked a security guard who did not know, and finally stopped in the parking lot of the burger king headquarters to get my phone out and call the hotel. Just about then, I spotted the hotel cat-a-corner from the headquarters. When we arrived the Hotel, the check in went smoothly, the rooms were very nice(and really large) the tripple will fit 8 people. Everyone was so nice, but when it came time to go back to the airport to pick up the rest of our party I opted for the shuttle. The driver was so nice, obviously knew his way around, and the pick up went flawlessly. We stopped at the grocery store on the way back to pick up another guest from their shopping trip. I would highly reccomend this hotel for trips in/out of Miami airport, just use the shuttle.

Room Tip: Had two rooms, no problem with airport noise in either. Top floor excellent with no overhead noise...