“Hard to find on your own, take the shuttle” 5 of 5 stars
Review of HYATT house Miami Airport

HYATT house Miami Airport
Ranked #14 of 120 Hotels in Miami
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Hard to find on your own, take the shuttle”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

This hotel was excellent. There were several restaurants, and fast food places nearby, a grocery store within 2 blocks, and a shuttle that took us just about everywhere we needed to go. The only thing that was not so much fun was trying to find it on our own. It is next to the airport. That said, the airport at Miami is a bowl of spagetti under construction. You have no idea where you are when you exit the rental car garage. Even the GPS had a hard time finding it. I did not have the GPS(my sister in the other car did). I ended up driving through some pretty rough neighborhoods by myself trying to find the hotel. Got turned around twice, asked a security guard who did not know, and finally stopped in the parking lot of the burger king headquarters to get my phone out and call the hotel. Just about then, I spotted the hotel cat-a-corner from the headquarters. When we arrived the Hotel, the check in went smoothly, the rooms were very nice(and really large) the tripple will fit 8 people. Everyone was so nice, but when it came time to go back to the airport to pick up the rest of our party I opted for the shuttle. The driver was so nice, obviously knew his way around, and the pick up went flawlessly. We stopped at the grocery store on the way back to pick up another guest from their shopping trip. I would highly reccomend this hotel for trips in/out of Miami airport, just use the shuttle.

Room Tip: Had two rooms, no problem with airport noise in either. Top floor excellent with no overhead noise...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Tulsa013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

The general manager, Sig was more than courteous and made us feel welcome. This was my brother's first time back in the states after being overseas in the army for the past four years. Sig requested to meet him when his flight arrived and thanked him for his service. The customer service throughout our stay was impeccable and this just topped it off. The location was central to everything and rooms were very clean and comfortable. We will definitely stay here on future trips to Miami and will highly recommend.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Victoriaw206
Sunny Isles Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

The location was great for my needs. Easy access to most highways. 20 minutes away from everywhere.

Free parking, free en efficient airport shuttle, free high speed wi-fi all over the hotel, free breakfast and evening social time (with free food and drinks).

The staff is polite and highly professional. I wish I had that people working in my company!

Rooms are big and clean. They have two TVs, DVD, complete bathroom and complete kitchen with everything you need. Big fridge.

The only not so good aspect to mention is that the decoration of the hotel is old (not too old, but carpets, furniture, etc. are outdated). Breakfast area should be larger. With a little restoration would be just perfect.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Puckapunyal, Victoria, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

We stayed two nights at this hotel. Proximity to the airport and free parking was great. The rooms were excellent and very well appointed for a family, heaps of room to spread out. The free breakfast was terrible, on both days there was a shortage of food, not enough seating, cutlery was non-existent and upon asking staff they appeared not to understand English. Also our room was not serviced and when I rang reception at about 6pm, staff were extremely dismissive regarding my inquiries regarding why it hadn't been done. I asked for them to at least send up fresh towels which they grudgingly did. Overall the room great for what we needed, but the service lets this property down.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Amy M
kissimmee, florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

I had a wonderful weekend in Miami and I was very glad I chose the Hyatt house to stay in. Parking is free and this is a nice corporate type area. There were many places to eat, we ate at Longhorn but there were many other restaurants in the area. The hotel beds were extemely comfy, the living area has a nice couch with attached chaise lounger, the kitchen has all the supplies you need.. glasses utensils, pots and pans full oven, microwave, fridge, counter top, just wonderful and there are two tvs with a dvd player. The only thing I can say negative is the toilets flush so loud that you can hear when your neigbors down the hall flush. Also the thermostat needs to be updated but it did it's job and the breakfast we didn't like to much, altough there are many choices we just didnt like the waffles because there pre made and the eggs werent good and there was only bacon for meat. But getting back to the good things, the hotel feels very secure and the staff was very friendly and accomodating, check in time was 3pm but we got there at 10am and they gave us our room. I will definitely stay here again

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank alinaw
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

We just got back from a stay there 7/21-7/27/12, and we were amazed! This is a very well-appointed hotel just minutes away from MIA airport. The grounds and rooms are fabulous! The hotel rooms make you feel at home with the apartment-style layouts and full kitchens with dishwashers. It was also great having flatscreens in the living area and bedroom so everyone wouldn't have to watch the same program. There was a little glitch in the cable reception, but in 5 minutes I got that fixed.

The front desk folks were pleasant and helpful throughout our stay, as were the dining room staff. Speaking of dinning, there's a complementary breakfast that has a slightly different menu each day, as well as a FREE happy hour with complimentary wine and appetizers (could be dinner actually). The food was always good and the dinning area much more upscale than what I've seen at other places with FREE breakfast.

The pool was a nice temperature, and though you really don't need to jump into a jacuzzi in Miami in July, the one they had there was very nice and soothing. The pool area was clean and nicely laid out. Very relaxing and enjoyable.

The hotel is really safe and in a nice area with great views of the pool and waterway were we saw a couple of canoers and jet-skiers. It's in a convenient area, just blocks away from the highway and many attractions/beaches in Miami. It was a great base to make use of the Miami-Go Card. Though we're near the airport and not far from the highway, you don't hear much outside noise. The one thing that you do hear is flushing of toilets. They have the loudest flushing system I've heard. You don't, however, hear other guests through your room walls.

My son loved the hotel so much that he wants to only stay at Hyatt Houses from now on. I just hope they're all as nice as this one. We'll definitely stay here whenever we're in Miami again and I recommend it for any type of traveler.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank luvdatropics
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

This hotel is a great deal but is not near anything. If you get a rental car opt for the EZ Pass. The breakfast in the morning is great but you have to get there early as they close early (I travel alot and never had a breakfast end before 11 at a hotel). When I checked in, my room was not ready yet so needed to wait even though I was there past check in time. Also, I never had any room service the time I was there and I needed to call the front desk to request room service and after I did that they did not even show up! I needed to call a second time for towels which came 2 hours later.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo