“Wow!” 5 of 5 bubbles

HYATT house Miami Airport
Ranked #26 of 121 Hotels in Miami
“Wow!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

We just got back from a stay there 7/21-7/27/12, and we were amazed! This is a very well-appointed hotel just minutes away from MIA airport. The grounds and rooms are fabulous! The hotel rooms make you feel at home with the apartment-style layouts and full kitchens with dishwashers. It was also great having flatscreens in the living area and bedroom so everyone wouldn't have to watch the same program. There was a little glitch in the cable reception, but in 5 minutes I got that fixed.

The front desk folks were pleasant and helpful throughout our stay, as were the dining room staff. Speaking of dinning, there's a complementary breakfast that has a slightly different menu each day, as well as a FREE happy hour with complimentary wine and appetizers (could be dinner actually). The food was always good and the dinning area much more upscale than what I've seen at other places with FREE breakfast.

The pool was a nice temperature, and though you really don't need to jump into a jacuzzi in Miami in July, the one they had there was very nice and soothing. The pool area was clean and nicely laid out. Very relaxing and enjoyable.

The hotel is really safe and in a nice area with great views of the pool and waterway were we saw a couple of canoers and jet-skiers. It's in a convenient area, just blocks away from the highway and many attractions/beaches in Miami. It was a great base to make use of the Miami-Go Card. Though we're near the airport and not far from the highway, you don't hear much outside noise. The one thing that you do hear is flushing of toilets. They have the loudest flushing system I've heard. You don't, however, hear other guests through your room walls.

My son loved the hotel so much that he wants to only stay at Hyatt Houses from now on. I just hope they're all as nice as this one. We'll definitely stay here whenever we're in Miami again and I recommend it for any type of traveler.

2 Thank luvdatropics

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012

This hotel is a great deal but is not near anything. If you get a rental car opt for the EZ Pass. The breakfast in the morning is great but you have to get there early as they close early (I travel alot and never had a breakfast end before 11 at a hotel). When I checked in, my room was not ready yet so needed to wait even though I was there past check in time. Also, I never had any room service the time I was there and I needed to call the front desk to request room service and after I did that they did not even show up! I needed to call a second time for towels which came 2 hours later.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank wpierce3
Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2012

I'm not even sure where to start with this place because there are loads of things to love about this place. I wish we could have stayed more than one night, but it was just a stopover while we waited to go on our cruise the next day.

We had a real home for the 4 of us. The place is actually bigger than my first apartment! Full kitchen, bedroom, pullout sofa bed, 2 TVs and a DVD player for one of them. My kids loved it and my inner germ phobe was able to relax for a day.

We did laundry, swam in the pool and enjoyed the food during the happy hour and breakfast. I loved being able to use the elliptical machine since I don't have one at home. We had a great night's sleep in the king size bed.

Stores were nearby as is the highway. Just watch out. They love tolls around here and the drivers? Just be on the watch. ;-)

True home away from home.

• Stayed July 2012
3 Thank digyd88
Queensland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012 via mobile

We stayed in a self contained 1 bedroom king suite the place was neat clean and had very comfortable beds ..good breakfast and close to shops restaurants & food outlets,nice pool and surrounds shuttle to airport great value for money

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank billonbribie
Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

Excellent place to stay for a night or two. Very spacious rooms. Great service. Better atmosphere than in one of these large airport hotels. Free shuttles to the airport.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank lovelacuisine
CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2012

We needed a hotel for one night before our flight home. Hyatt House exceeded our expectations. We didn't get a chance to enjoy the manage'r happy hour or breakfast because our flight was too early. The shuttle runs every half hour to and from the airport.

On check-in we were given a free upgrade to a 2 bedroom. Gorgeous room. I was not expecting it to be as nice as it was. The beds were excellent. We had 3 TVs in our suite and a fully furnished kitchen. Just around the corner and down the block were a few restaurants. We went to the Italian which was good. There's also Cuban, Chinese and fastfood.

If we are ever in the Miami area again, I would not hesitate to stay here again.

2 Thank soccermomonvacation
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012 via mobile

We booked online and was a bit worried as we have never stayed here before as this is our first time in Miami we arrived today (19 July) what a nice surprise we arrived early way before we were suppose to check in we were met by a really nice, friendly gentleman at the door, unfortunately I did not get his name I think it was the manager he went out of his way to see if we could book in early, thankfully he was able to book us in earlier as the rooms was available. Walking to the rooms we were not sure what to expect, the rooms are really great we booked the 2 bedroom suite. It has a lot of room just what we were looking for as a family of 4, the rooms are really clean and the beds are super comfy with nice clean bedding and not the usual bed spreads that smells of dust. An added bonus was our room was on the ground floor and the hotel has various entry doors that makes it real easy to get to your room with your shopping avoiding the long walk from the car park through the lobby. Originally I booked with a different hotel and at the last minute decided to change to this hotel. Definitely one of the best decisions I have ever made. I would definitely recommend this Hotel to anyone! My kids think this is great as they can lie in bed watch tv and relax after an afternoon of shopping and having fun at the mall.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family