“Awesome Room”

HYATT house Miami Airport
Ranked #27 of 127 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Got a King Suite for the week and it was really nice. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was nice and big. There is a lot of closet space and storage for clothing and what not. There are two televisions which is nice. The kitchen is fully equipped and even has a stove which is really great and comes in handy. There is room service every day and the staff is very helpful. Each morning there is a big buffet breakfast and in the evening you can have beer and some small snacks. The pool is big and secluded which makes you feel like you're in your own private area. The gym is big and has several machines. It's a great place to stay if you need to cook and what not.

Room Tip: Get a king suite room! It's worth it!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,470)

Reviewed July 7, 2012

We booked it on Expedia for $98 per night.

It was conveniently located in a quiet area, near Miami airport, and had restaurants and shopping just around the corner.

The room was huge, with a separate living room area and a full kitchen. The bathroom was also very spacious.

Both the room and bathroom were clean.

The pool area was nice and the water clean and warm.

The hotel has a hot breakfast buffet daily, and a managers reception in the evening, Monday to Thursday, with drinks and snacks.

Free parking and free wi-fi that was very fast, were both great too!

Every staff member we encountered were genuinely friendly and ready to help.

I would definitely stay here again if in Miami!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 7, 2012

It was the Summerfield the last time I stayed and the service is just as fantastic. They are friendly, helpful, and go out of their way. I used this hotel for a before and after cruise and it works beautifully. They've allowed us to check in by 11am twice now just getting back from our cruise. Free airport transfers & wifi, great breakfast and awesome coffee included. Right around the corner, just a short walk is Starbucks, Subway, Burger King, a Cuban and Italian Restaurant. They offer a shuttle to the port of Miami for $12 per person so if you have more than 2 people it's cheaper to have the front desk call a cab and ask fir a minivan. Cabfare is around $26-$30 depending on how many are traveling. Overall great experience.

Room Tip: All Hyatts have exceptional beds and pillows!
1  Thank Javatourist
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Great location next to the airport. We had a room facing the canal behind the property, and the sounds from the airport weren't noticeable. The room is quite large with plenty of space. The full kitchen is a very nice touch! The couch is also very large and comfortable - I found it more comfy than the bed. Shower had very good pressure. Complimentary breakfast featured a wide variety of foods and, although most of the "hot" foods were luke warm, stale, lumpy messes, I enjoyed it. They offer an "afternoon social" snack event every weekday, but we did not get a chance to check this out. It's a very nice perk though.

We found the couch to be quite dirty - it looked, to be kind, very "lived in". The bed was also incredibly LOUD, squeaking loudly whenever myself or my wife moved. It was also quite lumpy. There was a lot of dirt build-up in every corner of the bathroom [though the centre of the bathrooms were clean], and the carpets were fairly dirty [enough to turn a pair of white socks to be brown by the end of an afternoon wandering around the room]. I can't comment about the temperature of the pool, but it's quite a small pool and, due to the size of the hotel, was always very crowded with noisy teenagers and 20-somethings drinking and being obnoxious.

All in all, it was a decent stay but I would take my chances at another property next time. There were a few other properties close by that were similar in cost.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the south side [the canal/ravine] seem to be the quietest rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 307x
Reviewed July 2, 2012

The room was clean and the complimentary breakfast was good. We've stayed at other Hyatt House properties and really expected better customer service. It started with our transfer from the airport. The driver was there promptly and then proceeded to drive us through the seedier areas of Miami to drop another guest off at a hospital. He never told us he was doing this, just kept driving. And to add insult to injury, we drove right past the hotel on the way! I will never understand why he couldn't either a) dropped us off first or b) told us what he was doing or c) why didn't the hotel send their 2nd shuttle? After traveling all day, it was not a good way to begin our stay. Then the front desk...I was informed the room we requested wasn't ready yet. I didn't request a specific room. I let the gentleman know any room that slept 3 people was fine. After asking me if the 2nd floor was ok, yes, he proceeded to continue to look into his computer, gave me room keys and told me it was down the hall (first floor). Huh? The room was clean and more than adequate, except it only had towels for 2 people - 2 bath towels only! The bright spot was the comp breakfast in the morning. So often the "free" breakfast isn't much at all. This had many choices and was replenished frequently. The lady working in this area was extremely hard working. I do wish hotels would put trays there for families who need to carry food back to their rooms for sleeping children. Would we stay again, maybe, if the price was right.

Reviewed June 30, 2012

For a family of five, it's what we needed, with two bedrooms and a pull out couch. We got lucky and came out of the airport right when the shuttle was going by, but we would have waited about 30 minutes if we missed it. The hotel mentions they will shuttle you within two miles, and they mean it. Not a tenth of a mile more! I wanted to go 3 miles, and they were insistent in saying no. I even offered to pay and they said no. That was disappointing! Had to call three times to get an extra blanket too.

Wanted to take a dip late afternoon, but there were several people drinking alcohol in the pool, just not great for taking my kids swimming. I got the room I needed for one night, but didn't get much else.

Room Tip: If you're traveling with a family and are laying over at Miami International Airport, this is ve...
2  Thank Tom O
Reviewed June 29, 2012

I needed a place to stay near the airport. The staff was excellent. The staff could not have been more helpful and were very friendly. It is obvious they value customer service at this hotel. The room was really clean and inviting after a long day. Sometimes when you are staying near an airport, it can be noisy. Room was very quiet. Breakfast was very good. Good assortment of food and well prepared. Wireless was great and I was able to get a few hours of work done waiting on my wife's plane to arrive. Great value for the price. I would highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo