“Off to a rocky start but ended up loving the Restaurant”

Peacock Garden Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Peacock Garden Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #40 of 4,308 Restaurants in Miami
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Our cab driver despite being given the exact address, dropped us off 2 blocks away from our restaurant and pointed out the wrong direction for us to walk. No one we asked seemed to know where the restaurant was. But we did finallylocate it only to find that the restaurant had our reservation marked as outdoor seating even though I had stressed to them on the phone 2 weeks before that we wanted indoor seating. When they saw I was genuinely not happy about their mistake, they pushed a round table and a rectangular table together to seat our party of 6 on the inside. If the weather had been warmer and didn't look like rain, we would have been delighted to sit outside. We settled in and ended up having a really good meal, with good service, and a delightful live jazz trio playing in the background. We all agreed to come back again on our return trip next year.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

Situated right next door to the Sonesta Hotel in Coconut Grove, this is a restaurant where the food and the ambiance compete with each other. You have a choice to sit inside or out, but the outside pation area is heavenly~beautifully canopied with trees, bushes, orchids and plants. The food was well varied, great as well and not too expensive with decent portions. My husband had their duck special one night and the tuna special the other. He said they were among the best he's ever eaten. They are also open to serve breakfast which was super too. We will definitely go there again. Enjoy!

Reviewed February 2, 2014

We have never been to the Peacock Garden Cafe and the lovely night last night prompted us to give it a try. We arrived and had to wait several minutes for a host to greet us. Once they did, we gave our name and went to the bar. The hostess could not give us a wait time.

When we got to the bar, there were dirty dishes and napkins in several places. When we sat, the dishes and napkins were shifted and left on the bar. Each of us ordered a basic cocktail - Ketel One up with olives and Johnny Walker Black on the rocks. My up martini came neat (room temperature) in a rocks glass that had lipstick on it. When I asked the bartender to provide a new cocktail, he made me feel that I was being annoying to him. When my drink cam, again it was neat. I asked the bartender if he could chill the vodka and his annoyance with me escalated. When he brought the next drink he said, "If you want cold vodka, don't order it neat." I responded that I did not order anything neat and he shrugged me off. This time the cocktail came in an up glass (the right glassware). I ordered another cocktail and the bartender served it to me in a rocks glass. He told me that the dishwasher was backed up. I saw a few dirty up glasses on the bar that had not been cleaned. The other bartender tried to make service recovery but failed.

Then we decided to leave - we did not want to eat here. The bartender continued to ignore other patrons at the bar and us. We did not wait for the table and saw the manager on the way out. When I told him what had happened, he said was that the bartender was new. I told him that our experience was poor and we cancelled our table. The hostess was apathetic.

This place is has a beautiful setting with great outdoor seating. The jazz is great. Maybe the table service is better than the bar but we did not want to wait and find out.

2  Thank TravelBoomerang
jaguargroupmiami, Public Relations Manager at Peacock Garden Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

John, thank you very much for providing us with feedback on your visit to Peacock Garden Café, it is greatly appreciated. We are so sorry your last experience was not enjoyable. We are committed to providing excellent food and service and we will follow up with our staff to make sure this does not happen again. We would love to have you back for a second try so we may gain your preference. Please provide us with your mailing address so we may send you a gift certificate for your next visit. Again, we are very sorry and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

We came to this area for an orchid show and to visit Fairchild Gardens. We stayed at the Sonesta Hotel and next door we discovered this wonderful restaurant. We ate there Thurs. night, Fri night, Sat night, Sun breakfast and Sun night. Cocnut Grove has some great places to eat but we loved the food and the setting. Everything was fresh and well prepared. The service is somewhat European, which means slow by American standards, but if you are in a rush go to Jonny Rockets up the street.

Reviewed January 24, 2014

I swear this is some of the ultimate Mac and Cheese dishes I've ever had. It's not something I normally order out in a restaurant on vacation, but I was just in the mood for some comfort food. the mushrooms and spinach added to the gorgeous pasta and a rich alfredo cheese sauce topped with panko was one of the best dishes I've ever encountered. everybody else in the group (there were nine of us) had some form of tuna which was pleasing to everyone. the bar service was a bit hit and miss, but overall I would highly recommend this place as a reasonably priced place to eat and enjoy.