“outstanding”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Inside Legal Art building, ground floor
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Amazing layers of flavors in chef Micah's dishes. One of the most outstanding meals I've had in a long time. Marilyn, Bahamas

Reviewed September 19, 2012

I would definitely recommend this to anyone that appreciates great dining and it's not afraid to try new things. The tasting menu is the way to go here . You get to try a little bit of everything . It's a hidden location but worth the trip !

1  Thank Felipeh004
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Wish I could give more than 5 stars! I enjoyed one of the most memorable, creative and flavorful meals I’ve had in my life at neMesis. I live in Chicago and enjoy the top rated restaurants… Moto, Alinea, TRU, Girl & Goat, L2O, Charlie Trotters … etc. neMesis reminded me of the fun quirky atmosphere at Moto. You are encouraged to enjoy a delicious meal without having to ‘behave like a fine diner’. This meal took us around the world with different flavors and cuisines. It by far was one of my top 3 restaurant experiences!

I treated my customers (meat craving adventurous men in the food industry) to an amazing night at neMesis. They have been talking about this meal ever since! I have had people in the industry reach out to me to find out where I went as they want to experience it as well.

We were immediately greeted by Chef Micah and shown to our table. The server approached us regarding the menu and wine. We wanted to put the entire meal in their hands, and I’m so glad we did. The server picked out our wines based on our tastes and the course. We did not do a wine pairing, instead ordered a few bottles throughout the meal. The wine was so good that my guests started taking pictures of the labels so they could buy the wine at home. We were never left with an empty glass.

On to the food! I could write a novel, but I’m going to keep it as short as possible and only describe a few of our favorites. Everything was creative, original and delicious, I cannot stress that enough! Chef Micah brought out each course and described what it was as well as what inspired her to create the dish.

• Fig Braised Duck Pot stickers topped with bacon and served with a guava cardamom sauce. Simply delicious and a great introduction to the meal ahead.

• Caramelized Shallot Foccacia with lava sea salt and rosemary mascarpone. One bite wonders! It is such a flavorful bite, so much more to it than the ‘free bread’ that is often presented at restaurants. I wanted to order more, but knew we had many courses to go.

• Tuscan Sushi. Prosciutto di parma wrapped around mascarpone cheese and figs. Of all the appetizers, this was by far the table’s favorite. I love the story behind the creation of this dish. Chef Micah craved sushi while pregnant with her daughter, so she created this ‘sushi’ as her replacement. What a creative chef!

• Kangaroo Carpaccio. I have never had kangaroo before, nor had anyone at our table. We have all had Carpaccio, but that is just too normal for Chef Micah – she has to step it up by serving Kangaroo Carpaccio, so very simple and delicious! We all love that we were introduced to something new and different.

• Moo, baa, oink, and quack. Cowboy Steak. A special of the night which is a dish the group cannot stop thinking, nor talking about. The name describes the main ingredients of this dish, 1 ingredient from each of the animals that make those sounds. The perfectly cooked (huge) rib eye was topped with Lamb bacon (truly the best ever!) and a quail egg. The presentation was so beautiful that I had to take a picture of it. My guests dream of the lamb bacon. It was a great way to end the savory tasting. I cannot wait to go back and try this again!

After such an amazing meal we wanted a light dessert and coffee (we were in a food coma!) so Chef Micah provided us with a sampler of gelatos and sorbets with chocolate sauce and a wonderful chili caramel sauce. It was a great way to end the night. The espresso was so delicious that the group asked her to make more, which she gladly did, even though it after the café closed.

To top it off, we wanted to extend the night with a drink out. Chef Micah gave us a recommendation and actually called the owner to let him know we were on the way. The ‘pop up’ bar treated us so well because of Chef Micah’s call.

I cannot stress enough how amazing the meal, chef, server and wine was! I really loved the décor as well, but I didn’t go there to see the restaurant, I went to have an amazing meal. This restaurant exceeded our expectations and really impressed my customers. Thank you neMesis! I cannot wait to return!

2  Thank michelle4913
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This is one of the most interesting and creative food spots in Miami. The chef is warm and welcoming and not at all "spoiled" by her genius. She is a natural and really deserves to be greatly appreciated by our city. We're privileged to have her here.

Reviewed July 3, 2012

The owner, Micah is a true artist and genius. The food is spectacular, and is the most inventive in Miami. The tasting menu is the way to go to be wowed beyond belief.

1  Thank Michael H