“We'd stay here again” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #62 of 119 Hotels in Miami
Winnipeg, Canada
“We'd stay here again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

This place is a short free shuttle ride to and from the airport. It must be well sound-proofed because the planes going over didn't bother us at all. Our room was clean and well-appointed. The breakfast had a good variety of offerings. We found the hotel to be very clean and the staff helpful. We had our supper at the nearby restaurant and it was not fancy, but good food.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank thewrinklies

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Key West, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

We stayed here for one night and was by far the WORST La Quinta we have ever stayed at. The only room that was left according to the clerk was an "old" smoking room for $189 plus tax. The inside was not too bad - but the rest of the hotel needs an upgrade really bad. Everyone was really nice - however the grounds, pool, rooms, etc... were outdated and grungy looking, smelt old and musty. Would not recommend to anyone even for one night!!!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank engrose
Waukesha, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

This hotel is right across the street from Miami International...so you will hear airplanes at all times. This did not bother my family and we were able to sleep through it. Rooms were clean. Staff was very friendly with us. They had free transportation for us to go to the Port of Miami for our cruise. The transportation was easy and efficient. Will definitely stay here again next time I cruise. Not much for food in the area, but we did order pizza for delivery. This was really good. Place next door is a little over priced and food wasn't that great.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

2 Thank jenelle79
Nacogdoches, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

We stayed here prior to a cruise and what a mistake it turned out to be! We were only in the room for about 12 hours but we are still reeling from the experience. The room was FILTHY AND INFESTED WITH BUGS. Tiny bugs and roaches! We are afraid we are going to take our horrible roommates on our cruise- I'm still scratching. Noises kept us up all night ( said it was construction BUT none going on....RUNAWAY

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank Nacarenee
Thornton, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

Older hotel that needs a complete remodel, but clean enough for a one night stay if you aren't too picky. Employees were very friendly and helpful and make up for this otherwise barely average hotel.

Free parking, free airport and cruise shuttle (make sure you sign up at the front desk when you check in). Free Wi-Fi is always nice. The free breakfast was average at best (cereal, yogurt, pastries, waffles, coffee, juice).

My room was relatively clean, but there's definitely some wear and tear on the furnishings, carpets and walls. Nice flat screen TV with HD channels and the bed was comfortable. Bathroom was clean but dated. Didn't see any bugs. The room air conditioner has a "fan only" setting which helped drown out some of the airplane noise. I slept OK here.

For a one night stay, and if you need a free airport pick up and cruise shuttle, this hotel is OK. I paid $139 for one night which I thought was pricey for what you get. The hotel employees were nice though. Not a bad hotel, but it definitely needs some TLC and updating.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank BeachBumChris
Crossville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

While this hotel had some good points (like free parking when you cruise and shuttle to the port) the bad outweighed the good. I am traveling in a wheel chair for the first time and could not believe the Handicap room I was given. It had only a small double bed (which they did warn me about), had no refrigerator or microwave, no closet, only a small wood frame just tall enough to hang a shirt and hold about 4 articles of clothing. - Do they think because I am handicapped I am traveling alone? There was no consideration for my wife - not even 2 hand towels or 2 wash cloths, but there were 2 bath towels. The couple we were traveling with had all those things in their room that we did not and their room cost me the same amount of money as I paid for mine. I needed an extra pillow for my leg because of my surgery and the women at the desk said she would see if they had one (this was at 6:30 PM finally my wife went to the desk about 9:30 to ask again and was rudely told they don't give out extra pillows - when she explained why I needed it the women went in the back and brought out a rough folded up blanket and told her to use that it was all we would get. We had to call the desk at about 2:30 AM to complain of the noise - it sounded like someone was having a big party in the lobby.
I don't mind paying extra because I know Miami hotels are expensive, but I should at least get minimum service for what I paid - what kind of hotel doesn't have an extra pillow? Oh yes and the noise from the airplanes was awful. I won't be staying here again next year.

Room Tip: Stay as far from the lobby as possible