“Hotel needs updating, but OK for one night” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Miami Airport East

La Quinta Inn & Suites Miami Airport East
Ranked #70 of 121 Hotels in Miami
Thornton, Colorado
“Hotel needs updating, but OK for one night”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014

Older hotel that needs a complete remodel, but clean enough for a one night stay if you aren't too picky. Employees were very friendly and helpful and make up for this otherwise barely average hotel.

Free parking, free airport and cruise shuttle (make sure you sign up at the front desk when you check in). Free Wi-Fi is always nice. The free breakfast was average at best (cereal, yogurt, pastries, waffles, coffee, juice).

My room was relatively clean, but there's definitely some wear and tear on the furnishings, carpets and walls. Nice flat screen TV with HD channels and the bed was comfortable. Bathroom was clean but dated. Didn't see any bugs. The room air conditioner has a "fan only" setting which helped drown out some of the airplane noise. I slept OK here.

For a one night stay, and if you need a free airport pick up and cruise shuttle, this hotel is OK. I paid $139 for one night which I thought was pricey for what you get. The hotel employees were nice though. Not a bad hotel, but it definitely needs some TLC and updating.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank BeachBumChris

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Crossville, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

While this hotel had some good points (like free parking when you cruise and shuttle to the port) the bad outweighed the good. I am traveling in a wheel chair for the first time and could not believe the Handicap room I was given. It had only a small double bed (which they did warn me about), had no refrigerator or microwave, no closet, only a small wood frame just tall enough to hang a shirt and hold about 4 articles of clothing. - Do they think because I am handicapped I am traveling alone? There was no consideration for my wife - not even 2 hand towels or 2 wash cloths, but there were 2 bath towels. The couple we were traveling with had all those things in their room that we did not and their room cost me the same amount of money as I paid for mine. I needed an extra pillow for my leg because of my surgery and the women at the desk said she would see if they had one (this was at 6:30 PM finally my wife went to the desk about 9:30 to ask again and was rudely told they don't give out extra pillows - when she explained why I needed it the women went in the back and brought out a rough folded up blanket and told her to use that it was all we would get. We had to call the desk at about 2:30 AM to complain of the noise - it sounded like someone was having a big party in the lobby.
I don't mind paying extra because I know Miami hotels are expensive, but I should at least get minimum service for what I paid - what kind of hotel doesn't have an extra pillow? Oh yes and the noise from the airplanes was awful. I won't be staying here again next year.

Room Tip: Stay as far from the lobby as possible
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Gatineau, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

We stayed 2 nights at La Quinta, good place to stay before a cruise. Staff very friendly Brittany and Mildred very helpfull. Close to airport with free shuttles from airport to hotel and to cruise port. Rooms very clean but matresses are too soft, breakfast was good. Need of decent restaurants within walking distance. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Richard182166
Kansas City, MO
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2014

Ok, let's start with the downside - if you're driving to this hotel yourself, it is nearly impossible to find!! Maybe put the Red Roof Inn into the GPS because La Quinta is directly behind it. The staff was very friendly at check-in and understood the frustration. Rooms are very average, breakfast was about what you'd expect and was very crowded. We rented a car so we'd be able to go see all of Miami before we leave on our cruise, so this was just a place to spend a couple of nights and it seems very well suited for that. And comparably, it's cheaper than some others around and MUCH cheaper than something closer to the beach. Free parking. And I also thought the airplanes would be REALLY loud, but I've hardly noticed them!!

• Stayed January 2014
4 Thank shayes0209
Helsingborg, Sweden
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2014

We stopped by for 2 days during the period beginning of January 2014 when NY was blocked by snowstorms. The hotel knew it was very difficult and charged us incredible 170$ per night for a one bed room, that additionally was close to the reception, ground floor and all noise from there, together with the sound of airplanes landing and taking off made it impossible to sleep. That's more than we paid at 5 star hotel, that unfortunately only had room for one night.
It was no idea to go out to the pool either, there the airplanes were ridiculously.
A hotel to avoid!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank lennart_brandel
Stratford, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

We stayed at La Quinta Miami East for 1 day before leaving on our cruise. The room was clean. The staff was super friendly and helpful. The pick up from the airport and then taking us to our port of call for our cruise was all included in our room price. We had a couple of issues with our room (air conditioner did not regulate the room temparture and our television did not work). We mentioned both issues to the front desk and in both cases we had a technician in our room within 15 min. to repair our concerns. The breakfast buffet has a good selection available to satisfy your morning appetite. Overall we had an enjoyable stay at La Quinta. It does lack restaurants near the motel for lunch or supper if you have no vehicle. You can order from various restaurants and have it delivered or take a taxi. Thank you for making our stay a pleasant one.

Room Tip: We had a room on the 1st floor as requested in order to not hear the planes overhead. We did not he...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple