“Nice place to stay and less expensive if all you need is a place to sleep” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Miami Airport East

La Quinta Inn & Suites Miami Airport East
Ranked #70 of 121 Hotels in Miami
Nebraska
“Nice place to stay and less expensive if all you need is a place to sleep”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

We arrived in the evening and were taken to the hotel by their shuttle. We did not have time to visit their pool and because of an early flight out we missed their breakfast. The rooms were clean and the beds comfortable. It is located next to an Embassy Suites that has a restaurant - Grill 305 that I would highly recommend. In our party of 12, everyone thought their choice for the evening meal, was very good.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank MDValueSeekers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Bolton, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed here for one night prior to a Transatlantic cruise. Pick up at the airport was free and we waited about 20 minutes for the van to arrive. Check-in took a matter of minutes and the clerk was very pleasant.
Our room was sizeable and clean. We had no complaints.
The next morning, we enjoyed a large deluxe continental breakfast which included make-your-own waffles.
The shuttle to the cruiseport was also free and it left at the scheduled time.
We have other cruises planned from the Port of Miami and will certainly be staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
8 Thank cruisefan1950
Poinciana, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

We were driving a rental to Miami before a TA cruise. This hotel was convenient to returning the car. It also has transportation to the Port of Miami. Do not forget to book the port transfer the day before the cruise. The room was very quite which was my concern being at the end of the runway. The only problem is the lack of eatable restaurants in the area, do not go to Bennigan's. I recommend eating at the airport if you do not have a car. I will probably stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Bob C
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

great staff, great rooms, wonderful mattress/comforter & pillows were so very comfortable. considering we were @ the airport and in the flight path w/ jets taking off every 3mins. we stayed on the first floor & did not really hear the jets. sleep like logs.... i will certainly stay there again...also they are pet friendly...

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

Great place to stay & leave your car while flying in/out of MIA. Free shuttle over & back. Good price and room was nice, but the air conditioner sounded like a garbage disposal when running. Breakfast was edible.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Fort Myers, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

I read the reviews prior to reserving this hotel and thought it would be OK. I was horribly wrong. When we checked in, the lady at the front desk was really nice, so I thought this was an overall reflection of the entire hotel. I did notice the lobby needed to be cleaned, but I continued checking in. When we arrived in our room, I wasn't blown away. I didn't expect the Sheraton, but I DID expect it to be clean. It was just OK. The sheets and towels did appear to be clean. We left for a few hours and when we returned and turned the lights on, I saw a huge roach in the bathroom on the floor. I was terrified. I am extremely terrified of roaches and rodents. I chased it and killed it to prevent it from crawling on us as we slept. I went downstairs and explained that we had a roach in our room and Daile offered to switch us to a new room. We went down to the first floor room, which smelled like urine. I went back up to room 216 to finish packing my belongings and my cousin noticed a roach crawling in her bed. Then my cousin saw another roach crawling under the sink by the entrance door. Then we saw a fourth roach on the wall. I went downstairs and told Daile that we just wanted to leave. She refunded our money. As a result of this trickery, we drove around to every hotel in the surrounding area for 2.5 hours trying to find a room. The hotels were all booked. We ended up driving 30 minutes away to Dania for a hotel. I called the manager yesterday morning and she offered me one free night stay at another La Quinta. I will see if I receive the certificate in the mail. She said that people don't NORMALLY complain of multiple roaches in their room, so I guess I am not the FIRST person to complain about roaches at this particular establishment. I will NEVER stay here again EVER!!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family