“Great value/ great place” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Homewood Suites Miami-Airport / Blue Lagoon

Homewood Suites Miami-Airport / Blue Lagoon
Ranked #26 of 120 Hotels in Miami
troy, new york
“Great value/ great place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2009

We stayed at the Homewood Suites the night before and the night after a cruise. We needed two bedrooms and two baths because we were traveling with our adult daughter and her husband. I checked many hotels in the area and it was very expensive to get two seperate hotel rooms with the amenities we like to have at our hotels. My husband and i stay in Homewood suites when ever we can. The staff was helpful and professional. They helped us get transportation to the port. They allowed us to check in early both days. The price was great. Beds were very comforable. The room was clean. They had a very nice breakfast both mornings that included sliced fresh fruit, eggs, all kinds of breads, meat, as well as your usual continental breakfast. There was a hot tub and pool. The driver even dropped us off at a restaurant and offered to pick us up for no charge. We really like Homewood Suites and this one was just as nice as all the others we have stayed at.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Goias
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2009

We went into a shopping trip to miami, and stayed at Homewood Suites by Hilton Blue Lagoon, in a 2 bedroom/2bathroom suite for 4 nights. What I can say is that the hotel, as well as the staff, acomplish exactly what they are supposed and expected to do, nothing more and nothing less. Spacious and clean rooms, great complimentary breakfast, good free parking and the most important: The whole crew is very polite and discrete. I recommend and definetly would stay there again.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
Buenos Aires, Argentina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2009

I've stayed 3 different times in this hotel and I'll stay again on my next trip to Miami. It's just a great hotel.
Rooms: I've stayed at a 1 bedroom suite with sofa and the size is perfect for 3 persons. Nice bathroom, big kitchen area with everything you need to cook a meal. The bedroom had a king bed and was great.
Breakfast and evenings meal: The breakfast is complete with fruits, yoghurts and hot things also. But one of the best things about this kind of hotel is that Monday-Thursday they serve an evening homemade meal.
Location: Although is far from the beach and next to the airport, you're 15 minutes away from South Beach. Bedrooms with an airport view will trouble you with the runaway noise, so ask one with a lagoon view.
Service: Excellent, everytime I needed something for the room I got it in a few minutes.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Nicolas M
Ewa Beach, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2009

We had to be in Miami for ten days, and none of us could imagine being stuffed into a regular hotel room for that period of time. Knowing that the rooms are like apartments, we chose the Homewood Suites - but the way this particular one is laid out, stands above the rest: In a Typical Homewood layout, there is the living area, then a door and the bedroom, with a sink, and the commode and shower separate. However, here, there is a sink in a foyer BETWEEN the living and sleeping rooms, and a separate tub and toilet. One can have visitors, and keep the sleeping area completely separate.
They went out of their way to ensure we were all on the same floor. The free wired and wireless internet, as well as free parking were quite welcome. Just across the main street (NW57th ave), there is a Publix Supermarket and a host of restaurants, and even an office supply store. There are pharmacies (CVS and Walgreen's) just one block further.
The hotel is easy to find - and in fact is visible from 836. It is just a short 3-5 minute drive from the airport (and it appears as though they have a shuttle, although we didn't use it).
The breakfast and dinner, while not culinary extravaganzas, were adequate, and for the price (free) we weren't complaining.
The refrigerator, microwave and stovetop in the room were quite handy.
Within 10 minutes of the place were: The Airbus Training Center (our destination), a FedEx Kinko's, several malls, Coral Gables (dining, shopping), the aforementioned supermarket and drug stores. Within 20 were: downtown, the cruise port, Miami Beach and Costco.
Lest you think I'm biased: there were things that could use improvement -- my room had several burned out lights, the ceiling fan was so noisy that I couldn't sleep with it on, and the air conditioner was on it's last legs. I did NOT report these issues because I had precious little time in my room, and did not wish to have maintenance banging around, nor did I want to move after unpacking. However, I prefer a property where Quality Control is managed properly, and these items are addressed before a guest checks in.
None the less, this is a solid B+ property, and I can't think of any place else I would rather stay if I had an extended visit to Miami in the future.
One other thing that I did not like - each night menus from local delivery places were slid under my door. Seemingly innocuous, but what this tells me is that non-guests are roaming the halls fairly freely. There is a security there, but perhaps it's time to put card readers in the elevators.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
4 Thank Boeing767
Mil Anus
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2009

We arrived late just past midnight on a busy day, and had some problem in checking in. It turned out that they upgraded my room to the top floor due to my Gold VIP HH status. Good. However, when the person at check in printed out our keys I smelled something wrong. Only after I insisted he found out that they gave away our room to someone else before we arrived. We last-minute avoided entering someone else room at 1230 AM.

In the end they found us a room, not exaclty according to my preferences, but enough to sleep. Murphy's law was against us that night, as the room keys were only working the second time, after a trip back at the check in to have them re-issued with our exact room number.

Very small swimming pool, free parking & free wired & wireless Internet.

Food (free beakfast and evening manager reception) were very good in quality and abundant.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2009

Good overall hotel. Close to the miami airport (about a $10 cab ride). The inside of the hotel is comfortable and home-like. Staff support was average. Breakfast was good and there are lots of tables to eat at. Overall a nice place to stay near the Miami airport.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank BusTraveler09
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2009

We stayed one night pre- cruise, having never been to Miami before. I had the local number for the hotel in my cell, that is important because there is no phone at the airport to request a ride to their hotel.
The first room we were given was not great, it smelled and didn't have the view of the water we had requested. I called the front desk and they changed our room to right across the hall, this room was nicer & had a decent view of the water. There was a small sitting area in the room with a couch & tv, and a separated bedroom with 2 double beds, a small kitchenette & a decent bathroom. The kitchenette was nice, had a fridge, a pantry with plates & silverware, coffee maker, dishwasher, microwave. The only negative as far as cleanliness goes was the glasses, & utensils. I would definitely run anything through the dishwasher before using it - the glasses were not clean & after that I didn't trust any of the dishes. The utensils had crud on them & obviously not clean.
The fellow who picked us up from the airport did not seem to speak English, and seemed to be in a foul temper. In the daytime, the van driver was pleasant & very helpful and took me to the local mall to shop for pre-cruise items & then picked me up promptly when I called. This is a great service, if you don't have a rental car, because the hotel is out at the airport & not close to much. I was able to buy some items I forgot to pack at a Publix, bought some alcohol at a liquor store, and had a manicure at the same mall. The liquor store was the only down side - none of the bottles were marked with prices, and they wanted to charge me the same price for a small bottle of Baileys as a large. I had the feeling there are prices for obvious tourists such as myself, and fair prices for locals.
As far as the staff goes, the front desk people were very helpful & the only unpleasant person was the guy driving the van the night we came from the airport. Maybe he had had a bad day. The breakfast in the morning was great, the room packed but the food was good & plentiful, with a great variety & good quality. The staff were great - my son did not get up in time & they helped me find a tray so I could bring food up for the both of us to our room. Couldn't ask for more really in terms of a nice & helpful staff. We got a great price for a hotel room in miami. We did not arrive in time to sightsee the night before our cruise, so the out of the way location was not a problem. In the morning the driver of the van the front desk helped arranged to get us to the port was very nice & no problems with our transportation. The free high speed internet was a nice touch too.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank tink360
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami
Homewood Suites Miami-Airport West
Hilton Miami Airport
#38 of 120 in Miami
4.0 of 5 stars 2,486 reviews
Cambria hotel & suites Miami Airport - Blue Lagoon

Been to Homewood Suites Miami-Airport / Blue Lagoon? Share your experiences!