WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #25 of 124 Hotels in Miami
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“Excellent Value!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2009

I've stayed 3 different times in this hotel and I'll stay again on my next trip to Miami. It's just a great hotel.
Rooms: I've stayed at a 1 bedroom suite with sofa and the size is perfect for 3 persons. Nice bathroom, big kitchen area with everything you need to cook a meal. The bedroom had a king bed and was great.
Breakfast and evenings meal: The breakfast is complete with fruits, yoghurts and hot things also. But one of the best things about this kind of hotel is that Monday-Thursday they serve an evening homemade meal.
Location: Although is far from the beach and next to the airport, you're 15 minutes away from South Beach. Bedrooms with an airport view will trouble you with the runaway noise, so ask one with a lagoon view.
Service: Excellent, everytime I needed something for the room I got it in a few minutes.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Nicolas M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Ewa Beach, Hawaii
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2009

We had to be in Miami for ten days, and none of us could imagine being stuffed into a regular hotel room for that period of time. Knowing that the rooms are like apartments, we chose the Homewood Suites - but the way this particular one is laid out, stands above the rest: In a Typical Homewood layout, there is the living area, then a door and the bedroom, with a sink, and the commode and shower separate. However, here, there is a sink in a foyer BETWEEN the living and sleeping rooms, and a separate tub and toilet. One can have visitors, and keep the sleeping area completely separate.
They went out of their way to ensure we were all on the same floor. The free wired and wireless internet, as well as free parking were quite welcome. Just across the main street (NW57th ave), there is a Publix Supermarket and a host of restaurants, and even an office supply store. There are pharmacies (CVS and Walgreen's) just one block further.
The hotel is easy to find - and in fact is visible from 836. It is just a short 3-5 minute drive from the airport (and it appears as though they have a shuttle, although we didn't use it).
The breakfast and dinner, while not culinary extravaganzas, were adequate, and for the price (free) we weren't complaining.
The refrigerator, microwave and stovetop in the room were quite handy.
Within 10 minutes of the place were: The Airbus Training Center (our destination), a FedEx Kinko's, several malls, Coral Gables (dining, shopping), the aforementioned supermarket and drug stores. Within 20 were: downtown, the cruise port, Miami Beach and Costco.
Lest you think I'm biased: there were things that could use improvement -- my room had several burned out lights, the ceiling fan was so noisy that I couldn't sleep with it on, and the air conditioner was on it's last legs. I did NOT report these issues because I had precious little time in my room, and did not wish to have maintenance banging around, nor did I want to move after unpacking. However, I prefer a property where Quality Control is managed properly, and these items are addressed before a guest checks in.
None the less, this is a solid B+ property, and I can't think of any place else I would rather stay if I had an extended visit to Miami in the future.
One other thing that I did not like - each night menus from local delivery places were slid under my door. Seemingly innocuous, but what this tells me is that non-guests are roaming the halls fairly freely. There is a security there, but perhaps it's time to put card readers in the elevators.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
4 Thank Boeing767
Mil Anus
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2009

We arrived late just past midnight on a busy day, and had some problem in checking in. It turned out that they upgraded my room to the top floor due to my Gold VIP HH status. Good. However, when the person at check in printed out our keys I smelled something wrong. Only after I insisted he found out that they gave away our room to someone else before we arrived. We last-minute avoided entering someone else room at 1230 AM.

In the end they found us a room, not exaclty according to my preferences, but enough to sleep. Murphy's law was against us that night, as the room keys were only working the second time, after a trip back at the check in to have them re-issued with our exact room number.

Very small swimming pool, free parking & free wired & wireless Internet.

Food (free beakfast and evening manager reception) were very good in quality and abundant.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2009

Good overall hotel. Close to the miami airport (about a $10 cab ride). The inside of the hotel is comfortable and home-like. Staff support was average. Breakfast was good and there are lots of tables to eat at. Overall a nice place to stay near the Miami airport.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank BusTraveler09
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2009

We stayed one night pre- cruise, having never been to Miami before. I had the local number for the hotel in my cell, that is important because there is no phone at the airport to request a ride to their hotel.
The first room we were given was not great, it smelled and didn't have the view of the water we had requested. I called the front desk and they changed our room to right across the hall, this room was nicer & had a decent view of the water. There was a small sitting area in the room with a couch & tv, and a separated bedroom with 2 double beds, a small kitchenette & a decent bathroom. The kitchenette was nice, had a fridge, a pantry with plates & silverware, coffee maker, dishwasher, microwave. The only negative as far as cleanliness goes was the glasses, & utensils. I would definitely run anything through the dishwasher before using it - the glasses were not clean & after that I didn't trust any of the dishes. The utensils had crud on them & obviously not clean.
The fellow who picked us up from the airport did not seem to speak English, and seemed to be in a foul temper. In the daytime, the van driver was pleasant & very helpful and took me to the local mall to shop for pre-cruise items & then picked me up promptly when I called. This is a great service, if you don't have a rental car, because the hotel is out at the airport & not close to much. I was able to buy some items I forgot to pack at a Publix, bought some alcohol at a liquor store, and had a manicure at the same mall. The liquor store was the only down side - none of the bottles were marked with prices, and they wanted to charge me the same price for a small bottle of Baileys as a large. I had the feeling there are prices for obvious tourists such as myself, and fair prices for locals.
As far as the staff goes, the front desk people were very helpful & the only unpleasant person was the guy driving the van the night we came from the airport. Maybe he had had a bad day. The breakfast in the morning was great, the room packed but the food was good & plentiful, with a great variety & good quality. The staff were great - my son did not get up in time & they helped me find a tray so I could bring food up for the both of us to our room. Couldn't ask for more really in terms of a nice & helpful staff. We got a great price for a hotel room in miami. We did not arrive in time to sightsee the night before our cruise, so the out of the way location was not a problem. In the morning the driver of the van the front desk helped arranged to get us to the port was very nice & no problems with our transportation. The free high speed internet was a nice touch too.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank tink360
Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2009

We booked a one bedroom suite at this hotel because we wanted a spacious accommodation close to Miami Airport. Upon arrival we were offered a free upgrade to a two bedroom suite. The suite turned out to be extremely spacious, more than enough for a family of four. The suite consists of one bedroom with two queen beds and another bedroom with one king bed. Each bedroom has an ensuite bathroom. The bedrooms are separated by a living room with kitchenette. The kitchenette is extremely well equipped, you could cook a four-course meal there if you felt like it. Unfortunately, there are only two chairs at the big living room table and the other persons have to sit on the sofa, which makes eating a bit uncomfortable. But that's the only drawback of the suite. Otherwise it is perfect and all is very clean.
The free breakfast was of average quality. Nothing to write home about, but you won't leave hungry. The stuff is friendly and helpful. We didn't use the pool but looking at it from the window of our room, it did not look too appealing. The pool was full of leaves and seemed to be quite dirty. However, the pool area is nice and there is a big gas BBQ. There is no restaurant in the hotel or in the immediate vicinity. You will need a car to get some food. There are a Publix supermarket and some fastfood restaurants in about 3 minutes driving distance (I would think 15 minutes walking distance, area seems save). Driving time to the airport/rental car stations is about 10 minutes maximum. Even though the hotel is just outside the airport area the rooms were very quiet and the planes barely audible. Overall it was a pleasant hotel experience and we will certainly stay there again on our next visit to Miami

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Chesterfield, MO
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2009

Our suite was immaculately clean, the kitchen well supplied, and the bathroom, though small, was also very clean. Beds were outfitted with premium linens and a comfy pillowtop mattress. We arrived on an evening flight and asked about food delivery. A local restaurant had flyers at the desk. After a comedic battle to place an order with a gentleman who obviously knew English as a second (or third?) language, we waited over an hour and a half for our order which was to arrive in 30-40 minutes. After 3 phone calls to check on the order (one which was answered simply, "We close") the order arrived, half of which was incorrect and all of which was nearly inedible. At breakfast, we were starving, as were many, many people at the free buffet. The employees obviously did not expect many guests to eat there, because they ran out of everything within 15 minutes, and placed semi-frozen food on the buffet ("use the microwave") and we were left with little more than coffee and Fruit Loops. I loved our room and would stay there again, but would make a trip to the grocery beforehand!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family