“Awesome stay”

Homewood Suites Miami-Airport / Blue Lagoon
Ranked #23 of 127 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Would recommend this motel to all the people I know great place to stay close to airport close to expressways also has a bus stop out in front of the motel in case you don't have a vehicle and the buses run every 15 minutes. The quality of staff and the cleanliness of the facilities are exceptional probably to most standards would stay here again in a heartbeat> Thanks for the great service during my stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
HomewoodMiami, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites Miami-Airport / Blue Lagoon, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review. What a great start to our day! Reading your review to our team was great! We all hope to see you again with in the future. Take care!

Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

This property is less than 6 years old & I have stayes here several times previously, but the room quality has gone downhill. We stayed in a 1 bedroom suite with double beds. The beds were full size and a bit small. The bathroom consists of a large vanity with the toilet and tub behind a door. The water temperature was incorrectly labeled & there was very little room to open/close the door to use the toilet. The most aggravating thing was that the bedframe was sticking out on my side of the bed causing me to stub my leg a few times. We also found some trash behind our bed. The ironing board collapsed & luckily the iron did not hit my wife. The replacement board was wobbling & had to be replaced as well.The iron itself was a very cheap brand that barely worked.
I'm not returming to this place again.

• Stayed: October 2013

Dear guest,

I hope all is well with you today. In reading your review I noticed you mention that our property has been open less than 6 years. Were you referring to the other Homewood Suites (Miami Airport West)? That property is in fact 5 years old while ours is 13 years old and has been upgraded a couple of times already. We are due for a whole new Homewood Package and we're looking forward to presenting that to our guests next year in September. Our renovation plans will begin this upcoming Summer 2014 and will last for just a little over 9 weeks. We'll be just like new after that happens and although this stay (if you are referring to our property) was not to the level you wish it would have been, I promise that the next time you stay with us, if you ask for me, I will make sure you really enjoy your stay. Thank you for your review and please feel free to call our sales office and ask for the Director of Sales if you wish to discuss this in further detail. Take care and Happy Holidays.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

This hotel was very nice comfortable and clean. Decent size rooms with a full kitchen. It sits right on the Lagoon. It is very close to the airport in which the hotel provides a shuttle. The hot breakfast is pretty good. It changes everyday. Although I didn't get a chance to experience the nightly reception because it takes place Monday-Thursday. I saw the menu on the fridge they had pretty good selection so you don't have to get dinner during these times.. There is also a Publix and Starbucks with several other food choices within walking distance from the hotel. Downtown and South Beach is about a 15-20 min drive, and the highway is very accessible from the hotel. There is plenty of free parking. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: A room facing the Lagoon is nice. I believe the odd number rooms face the Lagoon.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
HomewoodMiami, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites Miami-Airport / Blue Lagoon, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

We love your review! Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We have shared your thought with our team and I can honestly say you have made us all a very happy team!

Please come back soon! Your home away from home will be waiting for you.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

The hotel was booked for the night, so I was charged before my arrival to guarantee my room. On a positive note, I was given free upgrade to a suite. My coworker was also booked to stay at the hotel, but her room was not ready until 9 pm.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
HomewoodMiami, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites Miami-Airport / Blue Lagoon, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Dear guest,

I'm glad to see your stay had a bit more than expected with the upgrade given by our team. What I am not too thrilled about is the fact that your colleague had to wait for a room at 9pm. This should not have happened. Can you please email me at juan.quiroz@dimdev.com the contact information for your colleague? I would like to extend an apology to him/her.

Again thank you so much for your time and effort in writing this review. We appreciate it.

Happy Holidays!

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Spent 3 nights there last month with my husband, our daughter and our grandson. Got a two bedroom suite and it was very comfortable and clean. The front desk staff was friendly and courteous. I would suggest having dish soap and/or dishwasher detergent available in the suites, however.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank chiefpilot58
HomewoodMiami, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites Miami-Airport / Blue Lagoon, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Dear guest,

We're so happy to read you had a great time with your family. We hope to see you again in the future... Next vacation is just a few months away... come and stay with us once again!

Reviewed November 6, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at Homewood suites Blue Lagoon. We have our annual meeting in one of the conference rooms. The hotel is centrally located near the airport great shopping and restaurants. i highly recommend the 94th Sqaudron restaurant.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you so much for your review. We love reading our guest comments and most of all we appreciate your time in writing it. Please come back soon! This will always be you Home Away from Home!

Reviewed October 27, 2013

We stayed here one night. Everything worked well in the room. The hotel and room were very clean and quiet. The front desk staff were very friendly. Great view from our room. And the room was big.
This was our first Homewood but won't be our last.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
HomewoodMiami, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites Miami-Airport / Blue Lagoon, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Thank you so much for this great review of our hotel! Please come back soon!