“Repeat Visit”

Homewood Suites Miami-Airport / Blue Lagoon
Ranked #26 of 124 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I've stayed at this property three times, once when it was first open and twice since. Homewood is one of my favorite brands. The hotel accomodations provide ample room to stretch out. The nightly dinner gives you an chance to rest & eat in. My friends opted to eat out & the front desk recommended Flannagans which they loved. There is a grocery store within walking distance which is helpful ($2 for a can of soda??). The convenient location near the airport made for a quick departure via their shuttle. I'll be back for a return visit.

1  Thank chichimom5
There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites Miami-Airport / Blue Lagoon

Reviewed November 12, 2012

We booked this hotel due to an early flight out of Miami. The size of the suite was perfect! The bed was very comfortable and the hotel was clean. We especially enjoyed the free parking and free shuttle to and from the airport. Very convenient for travelers to Miami International Airport. The staff recommended a local restaurant for dinner, and we were very pleased. The name of that restaurant was Flanigan's. It was close to the hotel and it was very good. Our stay was very peaceful and relaxing, a perfect way to begin a vacation!!

Room Tip: The room they gave to us was perfect.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 10, 2012

My five girlfriends and I stayed in a 2 bedroom suite from Nov 1-3rd. The complimentary shuttle picked us up at the miami airport. Front desk staff were friendly and helpful with all requests. The suite was spacious and clean. The hotel offers a daily complimentary breakfast and complimentary dinner from Monday to Thursday. We had the breakfast each morning where there was a good selection of food. It was delicious! There is a terrace just outside the dining area....we went out there briefly but there was a lot of garbage floating in the water below the terrace.
Very close to the airport. We could hear airplanes taking off and landing but it didn't interfere with our sleep.
Overall we were very pleased with our experience at Homewood Suites and would stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed here for 4 days while in Miami for work. The last time I came here I stayed for a whole month, back then the stay was perfect. This time the rooms, specially the bathroom neede a littl bit more cleansing.
The location is great for work, its close to downtown, Doral , the airport and if you like to do shopping,
I will stay here again

Reviewed November 4, 2012

We booked a room because of location and got much more than expected. Pamela at the desk accommodated our preference for a room and provided excellent advice about where to grab a quick lunch. Complimentary breakfasts and light dinners were excellent - we ate on the deck overlooking the lagoon and watched the sun set. These meals simplified our life. The suite was comfortable and roomy. Although close to the airport, there was no jet noise. We'll visit again.

Room Tip: Go for odd numbered rooms on the lagoon side of the hotel.
Reviewed October 24, 2012

This is my third time in this hotel and it continuous being great! I was one night with my husband before leaving USA to our country and I felt happy choosing it again. the one bedroom suite very clean as always, the bed really comfy, the small kitchen really helpful.
The front desk staff were helpful and polite and they always welcome you.
We had a high floor with the lake view and it was really awesome. The scene early in the morning was fantastic!! The breakfast and dinner were delicious as always.
I will go back on my next vacation trip.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 5, 2012

This hotel has some problems, for example:
-The air conditioner in my room would hover just below 80 degrees during the day and cool off to maybe 74 at night. I complained about it, but they never fixed it.
-I had to complain about someone smoking in the room next to me and the guy that came by tried to blame me.
-The fan in the bathroom started seizing up and when I called for a mechanic to fix it, he came in flicked it with his finger and then looked at me like I was an idiot when it started back up and left without saying a word.
-When room service would come they'd put my dishes in the dishwasher and run it without soap, so when I got my dishes out they were covered in baked-on food.
-The elevator was super slow and about 80 degrees inside at all times.
-The breakfast did not look like it should have been consumed.
-The water around the back of the hotel had tons of garbage floating in it.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Jeremy K
miabl, General Manager at Homewood Suites Miami-Airport / Blue Lagoon, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

We are sorry we were not able to provide you with a better quality of service. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a great stay. Again, we apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced. We want you to know that we will address all issues immediately. Thank you for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon
HYATT house Miami Airport
Homewood Suites Miami-Airport West
Residence Inn by Marriott Miami Airport
Best Western Plus Miami Airport North Hotel & Suites
Hilton Miami Airport
Hilton Miami Airport
#45 of 124 in Miami

Been to Homewood Suites Miami-Airport / Blue Lagoon? Share your experiences!