“Speechless.”

Homewood Suites Miami-Airport / Blue Lagoon
Ranked #23 of 127 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed July 23, 2012

This is my second stay at the Homewood Suites in Miami blue lagoon, and I am speechless. I stayed for only just one night and it was outstanding. I checked in on a Sat. morning after a cruise and I was just exhausted. When I arrived the Front desk agent found my husband and I a room, told us of all the amenities the hotel offered and even knew we had some packages that had been delivered. She was extremely helpful. I got to the room and it was in perfect condition, and very spacious. I was in time for breakfast and headed down, it was quite busy but it was still great breakfast. spend the whole day in my roomy suite, next morning it was our departure and the same young lady was at the front desk. She arranged for the shuttle to take us to the airport and everything, I even got her name of how wonderful she was and to let her Manager know. Overall it was a perfect stay located in a good area.

Tips, if you ever go to this hotel ask for Alejandra at the Front desk she is beyond amazing!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Myrna C
Write a ReviewReviews (1,456)

Reviewed July 15, 2012

We stayed here a few years ago and the hotel was in need of repair. The good news is that the hotel has been renovated and the room was immaculate. Also on the postive side - the check in process went smoothly and the receptionist was super friendly and quick. After check in we stepped into the restaurant area to see if there was any coffee or water but all we found was dirty cups and trash overflowing the coffee area and waste bin. We proceeded to our room and the minute we stepped off the elevator we were hit with cigarette stench. It smelled like we were swimming in an ashtray. We actually put our shirts over our noses to filter the smoke. Stepping into our room was a reprieve from the smoke and as I mentioned previously the room was super clean and in great shape. We braved the stench in the hall to go to the pool and stepped out on the back patio to look at the water and found a huge trash bin overflowing with garbage. It looked like it hadn't been changed in a week. We proceeded to the pool and it was dirty too! Lots of floating leaves on the top and lots of floating other things on the bottom. Why bother to renovate a hotel if the staff isn't going to bother to maintain it? What a shame! The free shuttle to the airport and allowing our car to stay in the parking lot for free while on our vacation was a definite bonus and money saver! This is a great place to stay if you can make it through the hallway and only plan on staying in your newly renovated room. Hopefully management will kick some butts and get this place cleaned up!

Room Tip: Shuttle is free and it runs 24 hrs. Also - free parking while you're away on vacation. Definit...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank FloridaTravelBug05
miabl, Manager at Homewood Suites Miami-Airport / Blue Lagoon, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about our hotel. I apologize that you were not safisfied with the condition of the hotel. We will take your comments seriosly and will keep your recommendations in mind to ensure that every guests has a positive experience during their stay with us. We hope you will give us a second chance if you return to the area.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stayed here for two nights in July 2012.

The hotel's location is a quick ride from Miami Intl. Airport (approximately 10 minutes) and about 20 minutes with car from South Beach, depending of the traffic.

The beds in this hotel are amazing. The beds are really comfortable, and several pillows and blankets allow you to make yourself the perfect sleeping position.

The rooms are big. In fact they these hotel rooms are apartments, since they are equipped with a full kitchen, a living room, a bathroom and a spacious bed room.

WI-FI in room and cable TVs in both the living room and the bed room.

The cons about the rooms are that the doors could have been more soundproof from noise from the corridor. I also had problems with regulating the temperature in the shower.

Regarding the noise from the corridor this didn't represent a big problem when sleeping, since there are two doors between the entrance door and the bed room.

Some of the furniture could have had a makeover, as it's starting to look old.

A little pool behind the hotel, and a little fitness room is available for all guests.

The included breakfast is a buffet placed in a little kitchen, witch can cause some queue if a lot of the guests decide to eat at the same time as you. Especially the waffle iron was always in use.

All in all the hotel is very good, and is a safe choice if you don't mind staying some away from the beach.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 26, 2012

We came in late and left early, so we cannot say that we got to know the hotel well. But we came late night as a family and was given a great suite with two bedroms. It was fantastic. The service was the best and the whole stay was enjoyable for us! We long to come back and experience more from this place.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Stayed here to attend a business meeting at Burger King headquarters. It is in walking distance - takes about 8 minutes to walk. Not bad, but they will shuttle you there if you ask. We used that shuttle 3 times, once for BK, once to got to Aero restaurant and once to airport. Never had to wait more than 5 minutes. Customer service overall was definitely above average.

Free breakfast is about average, but well stocked. They do have a free dinner every Monday-Thursday night. We stayed Tues-Thurs and it was ok each night. Something a little different and plenty of it. Nothing too spectacular, but decent. Also free wine and beer (miller lite) and it wasn't too bad, and could save a good bit of money if traveling with a family.

Pool was average. Needed to be skimmed. Small fitness room - 2 treadmills, 1 ellipctal, 1 small bench with free weights and some kettle balls and balance balls. Again - decent, but not spectacular.

There is a run down hotel next door that needs to be torn down. It made me wonder a little about the neighborhood. Folks who were at meeting with me and had been there before suggested I try the Sofitel next time. I probably will. I loved the service here, but overall too many little details starting to go wrong for me.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Really had a wonderful stay, the customer service was wonderful and breakfast as well as dinner was always fresh. Would differently recommend this hotel to anyone who would be staying in Miami area....

Room Tip: make sure you are very specific about smoking or non smoking...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 25, 2012

The hotel is very, very comfy and the suites are large and comfortable. Ive stayed here many times and love that the hotel has free parking. I feel that its time for Hilton to clean up and update the property. I had some older pieces of furniture in my suite that looked like kids had free reign on them. The sliding closet doors did not open or close. The managers reception was an added plus for families. Definitely family friendly!

Room Tip: family friendly with free parking
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Cindywe22
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami
Homewood Suites Miami-Airport West
HYATT house Miami Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon
Hilton Miami Airport
Hilton Miami Airport
#44 of 127 in Miami
Cambria hotel & suites Miami Airport - Blue Lagoon
Best Western Plus Miami Airport North Hotel & Suites

Been to Homewood Suites Miami-Airport / Blue Lagoon? Share your experiences!