“Great accomodations” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #63 of 119 Hotels in Miami
Miami, Florida
“Great accomodations”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

The hotel is beautiful! We loved the Japenese soaking tub with mineral salts. Great location with a wide variety of restarants, shops, and entertainment to choose from. Great value for the quality of service and accomodations provided.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gustavo M
MayfairMgr, Manager at Mayfair Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Dear Gustavo M,

It is truly great to hear from our loyal guest and we would like to thank you for taking the time to share with us about your recent stay.
Our property as a stable of the area has had great support from all of our local community throughout the years and we are so thankful to hear that we still get the same support.
We truly hope to have you back in our Iconic property in the near future and for you to continue enjoying the great area of coconut grove as well.

Director of Front Office

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

My nephew who lives in Miami suggested Mayfair Hotel and Spa for my upcoming visit. He gives it rave reviews. I have not yet stayed here but I'd like to say that the employees that have helped me with my reservations and my many questions and phone calls have been very helpful and patient. I look forward to my stay at the Mayfair Hotel & Spa. I will be back to write another review after my vacation.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Megan H
Dear Megan H,

We can not wait to have you in our property for you to enjoy all of the great amenities our hotel has to offer, starting with the great customer service that our wonderful staffs provides every single day.

Occoquan, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

Loved the location and shops nearby in Coconut Grove. Hotel looks like it has been "rode hard and put away wet!" Needs extensive capital improvements and titivation throughout. Faded paint, broken glass in elevator, broken furniture in our room. Jacuzzi on our deck must have been there for years, and although it was fine the first time, the water on the 2nd day was dirty. Attached restaurant was super expensive, $6.95 for OJ, $4.95 for a cup of ordinary coffee, and everything else was priced accordingly. Not common for me to have a $90 breakfast, but with the tip, that's what it cost. The wait staff at the restaurant were almost worth the price as they were the most helpful and cheerful folks we have run into in quite a while. Still, the hotel was way overpriced for its average ambiance. With some work, this place would really rock though!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Walkintall26
Dear Walkintall26,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us about your recent stay in our property and I could tell that you have a keen eye for details and we really appreciated the feedback that you have provided. I could share with you that during the summer months our hotel will be replacing a lot of the furniture in our rooms and we are very excited about that.
In relation to the hot tub, the water is supposed to be change every time you want to use the tub thus the reason for the $30 fee; the only thing you'd have to do is call the front office to have that done we apologize that you were not advise.
Lastly the prices for all of the outlets of our property are properly compare with the other hotels in the area making the rates not over nor under our competition.
Once again we would like to thank you for providing the very useful feedback and we hope to have you back in our property in the upcoming months for you to experience our newer furniture in our rooms as well as all the great amenities our property has to offer.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. Location: Really nice bc its within walking distance of many cute reataurants, boutiques and action. Loved that!

Hotel: Loved the spa and lounge feel of the hotel. I could tell the hotel is a little dated bc of the slow elevators but once you walk into the rooms, it doesnt look dated. Theres a courtyard-style lounge in the center of the hotel to enjoy peacefully. I did notice how extremely hot and muggy the hotel felt when u walked in. Not sure ifthe AC was broken or what but it was a little uncomfortable.

Room: King suite is Gorgeous! It was nicely decorated, hot tub on the balcony, a living room area, nice decor, updated tvs...i think i saw at least 4 in the room. Cable sucks though...i think i could only get 5 channels lol

Overall a good experience. Staff was helpful and I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Ladee_t0720
MayfairMgr, Manager at Mayfair Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Dear tteasley1,

We are truly delighted that you were able to enjoy our property and we would like to thank you for your feedback.
We are extremely proud of our property due to its difference to any other property in the great city of Miami and we are very happy to hear that you were able to take in the great vibe our property offers.
We hope to have gained a loyal guest and can not wait to have you back enjoying all the great amenities our property has to offer as well as the great city of Coconut Grove.

Charles Town, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

This hotel gets some bad raps for being 'old'. Those reviewers are missing the historic nature of the hotel. This place is very nice and the suites are spacious and clean. The stay started out perfect with Desmond checking us in to the hotel. Desmond made us feel special. He should be commended for our welcome. Any stay starts with the front desk and can make or break the trip. He made it. The roof top pool and bar was also standout and the bartender was great. As hectic as Miami is, the Mayfair was like a quiet oasis in the middle of it. Great location next to Coco Walk and the Marina. There was one hitch with an errant 'honor bar' charge after we left, but it was fixed quickly on the first call. Thanks.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PJWallyrock
MayfairMgr, Manager at Mayfair Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear PJWallyrock,

Than you for taking the time to share with us about your recent about to our Iconic property and are very glad to read that you were able to take in the great history that this property has to tell. Not only that is a staple of the city itself because of how long it has been here but also because of its great architecture and art in and out of the property.
Our staff is always aiming at exceeding your expectations and Desmond is a great contributor of those goals, our bartenders as well they do a great job at making feel at home.
We truly hope to have you back in our property in the near future enjoying all of the great amenities our property has to offer.

gpetrie868
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

This property is conveniently located to local shopping and attractions. I stay here several times a year as I like the fact everything is within walking distance. Other than one occasion I have been pleased with my lodging. On the one occasion I had a problem with a room, the front desk was very acxomodating and immediately arranged for another room.

Room Tip: IF, for any reason, you are dissatisfied with your room, just speak to the desk. They genuinely wan...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank gpetriestorystar
Dear gpetriestorystar,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us about your recent visit to our property as we loved to read from our loyal guest.
As you mentioned our location is prime in the Coconut Grove area and we are extremely proud of all the amenities we have to our disposal.
We can not wait to have you back in our Iconic property enjoying all of those great amenities as well as visiting your second home.

Woodbridge, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

I reserved this hotel through Bookit.com and according to their website and this one they were rated a 3.5 or 4 star resort. I checked in on June 12, 2013 at approximately 11:52 pm. The hotel lobby was very dark and I found that strange. As I proceeded to my room the hotel was stuffy and musty. My hotel room was filthy/dirty. The window had mold and mildew. The Bathroom was very dim, water pressure low, and the shower had a small piece of corner class that did not prevent the water from coming out of the tub area and making a mess. The whole set was unhealthy and unsafe. I stayed the one night and checked out the next day to be met by a rude manager (Nathan) that told me that he was not able to cancel my reservations and that I had to call the third party that I reserved the room with to cancel. I told him that I never heard of such and I will call them. I called Bookit.com and they adivsed that they had to call the hotel while I was on the line. The hotel manager (Nathan) told bookit.com that he had offered another accomodation within the hotel and therefore they were not going to refund my cancellation date. After learning this I called the hotel and Nathan avoided my call. I eventually spoke with Jose and he put the blame back on Bookit.com and said that they were responsible for the refund and that they had nothing to do with it. After speaking with Bookit. com and the Hotel, I have come to the conclusion to never ever use the services of a third party Bookit.com agency and stay at any Mayfair Hotel Spa. The advertisement of pictures presented on the site of MayfairHotelandSpa, Bookit.com, and other sites are misrepresented and the actual hotel appears to be a dump. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. The Whole event dealing with the Hotel and some of the Bookit.com agents places the customer at a disadvantage. They try to force you to stay in a unhealthy and unsafe environment. The customer service by both managers are poor at best. Beware of this Hotel and pass on to friends that using a third party to book reservations is one big headache.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank Debra H
Dear Debra H,

It is truly a shame that our property did not meet your expectations and I wan to thank you for taking the time to share your opinion with us.
Booking through a third party allows a guest to reserve at a more economical rate and many guest take advantage of these great sites, we are sorry to hear that you feel that the third party company that you booked with was not receptive to your issues. Those reservations most of the times due to the lower rate have many restrictions that do not allow for the guest to cancelled once they book or to make any changes and unfortunately the hotel is bound to those restrictions.
However we also understand that our property is not like any other property in the city of Miami and our tropical settings and Asian gardens may not what some people are expecting when they book a reservation in Miami, we sincerely hope that you continue to visit the great Magic city and that next time that you visit our wonderful city that you are able to find a property that will meet all of your expectations.