Mayfair Hotel & Spa
$117
$108
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
Hilton Miami Downtown(Miami)(Great Value!)
$118
Hilton.com
$122
$119
Hampton.com
$110
$104
  • Bar/Lounge
Crowne Plaza Miami Airport(Miami)(Great Value!)
$93
$189
$159
Hampton.com
  • Breakfast included
Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay(Miami)(Great Value!)
$179
$135
Marriott Hotels
$119
Priceline
  • Pool
Regency Hotel Miami(Miami)(Great Value!)
$124
Cancelon
1,378 results
All reviewscoconut groverooftop poolhot tubjapanese soaking tubprivate balconybeautiful hotelvalet parkingsouth beachweddingatriummathildetubsfloridaconference
Reviewed April 23, 2014

We were guests at this hotel as part of a wedding block of rooms. When the bride gave us the hotel information I did what I normally do and went to look up the reviews on Trip Advisor. I was shocked at how poor the reviews were. Some of the comments really terrified me and I notified the bride and recommended she address some of the readers concerns with the manager at the hotel. I also expressed my concern to the manager.

I received a very nice note back from the manager letting me know everything would be taken care of and that they were working on some of the issues mentioned in the hotel reviews. He also told me to contact him upon arrival if I had any problems.

We valet parked the car. I believe it was $26 per day but you could take the car in and out as many times as you would like to.

The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. The lobby was lovely. It looked like a grand old hotel. Every thing looked clean and well taken care of. All of the beautiful foliage really added to the ambiance of the hotel.

We had a great room. I requested a "no wall view" as I read about how dark the rooms were that face a wall. We had a street view. Not much to look at but we had plenty of sunlight. The room had two queen beds and was spacious. The bathroom was also spacious with a television on the wall. By all appearances the room was clean. The floors could have been a bit cleaner in the corners but nothing like what was written in previous reviews. One thing that needs to be redone in the bathroom is the caulk around the tub. As with all caulk over time it gets a bit moldy and needs to be redone.

The location of the hotel is perfect. The shops at Coconut Grove Mall are directly across the street. Then lots more shopping and restaurants were within a few short blocks.

The best part of this hotel is the roof top pool and bar. The pool is a good size. Nice cabanas if you want to rent one and also lounge chairs and table/chairs for the guests. In the evening they have a fire place going in the corner. We really enjoyed spending two days around the roof top pool and an evening with drinks around the fireplace. We found the drinks at the bar to be very expensive though. I guess we were paying for the view.

We had a good rate at the hotel since we were part of the wedding block of rooms so at that rate I feel we got a good value, especially in comparison to rates at other hotels in the area.

We were pleasantly surprised that we had such a nice stay at this hotel!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
MayfairMgr, Manager at Mayfair Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2014

Dear LivvyMark,

We thank you for taking the time to share with us about your recent stay in our property and I can not tell you how truly proud it makes us to read reviews such as yours.
Our housekeeping department and every other department in our property has been working extremely hard to turn around the from the landscape work that was done pretty much for all of 2013 and the results are starting to show not only on the sites such as TripAdvisor but most importantly in the way our loyal guest come back.
We will continue to work at improving in all of our areas to make sure that our guest are fully satisfied with the services that we provide as we aim to have our property again as one of the top properties in the city of Miami.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

Surprisingly dark hotel in a sunny environment . The room are really dark and dont have a view. The internet connexion is very slow and doesnt allow to download films or just youtube !! The music at the swimming pool is just hard to stand more than half hour !!!
There are so nice hotels in the area why to go there !!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank JC1Montreal

Dear JC1Montreal,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us about your recent stay in our property and we appreciate all the feedback that you have provided.
Our hotel has been known for the privacy that it can provide to our guest and as you might be aware some people prefer more privacy than others, however we have our higher categories rooms which provide a great source of natural light and have a great view of the great city of Coconut Grove.
We sincerely hope to have an opportunity to regain your confidence and have you visit our iconic property sometime in the near future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Mayfair for our anniversary yesterday. It was the same one we stayed in on our wedding night 13 years ago. The builders and designers put a lot of work and detail into this hotel. Copper fixtures over lights through out that have petina beautifully. The woodwork and glass details in our suite was beautiful as well. I wish they would pay a little more attention to some areas that need up keep. Our sliding glass door to the private patio with hot-tub wouldn't slide without a lot of pulling and pushing. The windows needed cleaning. They are covered outside by a beautiful ipe wood trellis but could easily be accessed for cleaning. The veneer over our door was peeling in spots. Despite these faults the room was beautifully done and the service excellent. I wish I could give a higher rating but there are maintenance issues. Your not average but not 5 stars right now. They used to be.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Mommydiva1,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us about your recent visit and your celebration in our Iconic property.
We love to hear of our loyal guest celebrating special occasions in our property, specially when our guest have the opportunity to relive such a wonderful time.
We will be working with our engineering department to ensure that all of our guest's rooms are up to the standards which our guest are accustom and expect from our great hotel.
Once again I would like to thank you for the kind words but specially for choosing our wonderful property to celebrate your anniversary.

Warm regrards,

Reviewed April 20, 2014

The location, ambience everything was wonderful but the cleaning of the room left a lot to be desired, no replacement towels only the bed was made. The young man that checked us in was quite polite and wiling to assist and was king enough to give us business cards in case we got lost when we venture out to call them for assistance. Nice location for children, with the a nice park close by. Thank you Mayfair

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
MayfairMgr, Manager at Mayfair Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

Dear Bigmacsfam,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us about your recent stay in our property and we are very happy to read that our staff and our hotel met your expectations.
Our housekeeping team has made major improvements towards fixing their services but we are aware that we most continue to work towards improving such a vital service and I am certain that for your next visit you will not encounter the same issue.
Once again I want to thank you for your kind words and tell you that we can not wait to have you back in our Iconic property.

Warm regards,

Reviewed April 18, 2014

The hotel is full of mosaic and sculptured wood surrounding a tropical courtyard. The staff were very accomodating for our business meeting, and I would certainly stay there again. The rooftop pool and bar are so much fun, even during a rain storm, when the staff set up the cabanas for us. Thanks for a great week.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Dear AmyR50,

We are thrilled to read that you were able to find sometime to enjoy our Iconic hotel and can not express how truly proud we are to read about our staff, since our goal is to make our guest feel warm and welcome.
We can not wait to have you back in our property enjoying not only the great character of our property but also the great area of coconut grove.