“Fabulous vegetarian fare”
Review of Govinda's Garden - CLOSED

Govinda's Garden
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Govinda's garden is the only one 100 % vegetarian & vegan restaurant in all downtown Miami,the environment and a relaxing atmospher make you fell happy and satisfied at anytime . We are the Best Of Award new times : Best Vegan Restaurant - 2013
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We went to this unassuming, small hole in the wall adjacent to the on-ramp leading to I-95 in downtown Miami. We indeed lucked out. We found the place to be delightfully clean and welcoming. They offer a fairly extensive list of choices that vegetarians and recovering carnivores would relish. The name might suggest "Indian" fare but there isn't a single Indian inspired dish on the menu. Instead they offer a variety of sandwiches, stir fries with tofu and wraps. The food was excellent, very professionally executed, and extremely tasty. I'd recommend this place anytime. It makes for an unbeatable lunch destination if you are looking for a light and healthy meal.

3  Thank luv2trvl2009

Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Pros:
- Very friendly service: owners were very helpful, patient and food came very quickly (we were the only ones there, though).
- Lots of options: the menu has good variety - burgers, platters, wraps, etc.
- Food quality was good: I had a portobello burger, which was actually a large mushroom with toppings, while my partner had the teriyaki tofu plate. We were quite satisfied with the portions and the quality.

Cons:
- Small location: only 6 or 7 tables, so it's quite intimate. Not sure how busy it gets, but if it does, you may not get a spot.
- Location: not in the best part of town.

Overall: Quaint restaurant with yummy vegetarian/vegan options for a good price.

4  Thank Buddos
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I had being eating in the Govindas for quite sometime, is a great place, the only pure vegan-vegetarian place in downtown Miami. They just change the location, they move to a better place. The new address is 100 S Miami Ave Miami, FL 33130
(305) 562-6371. For menu and info go to Facebook Govinda's Garden

4  Thank Jayadhvaja D
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I have eaten here a couple of times and the food is decent and reasonably priced. This time I had the avocado-hummus wrap - very tasty. It is nice to have a vegetarian deli downtown and if you order to pickup, they give you a 10% discount.

Govinda's is now located at 100 South Miami Ave, #3.

2  Thank rmg15
Reviewed April 27, 2012 via mobile

Finally found vegetarian in downtown Miami, with a pretty diverse menu. But after the first three selections were all not available -- "sorry, just served the last one", 3 times in a row -- I lost interest. Was slow even after I found something available. Well, maybe it was an off day. The food was good, confirmEd by friends with me as well. I'll definitely give them another try when back in Miami.

1  Thank madcg