“Another great stay over at Element Miami”

Element Miami International Airport
Ranked #34 of 122 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersSilver level
Whistler, Canada
“Another great stay over at Element Miami”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Another great stay over at the Element in Miami Airport. For two nights, with a visit to Sawgrass Mall, the hotel has everytihg you need for a stay over. the room was ready, still new and clean. Big enough for two adults and a 4 year old child. No problems with the noise of the plains and just minutes away from the airport. Shuttle could be a bit more regular, waited for over 30 minutes at the rental car dropp off but otherwise everthing else was great as usual. Breakfast incl. if you do not look a anything fancy and even you got the chance of Managers BBQ for free in the evenng. Computers, print outs etc. everthing for free. Booked already my next stay in two weeks at Element.
Thanks

Room Tip: We booked the King rooms with Sofa bed for our 4 year old son which was perfect.
Green Features: Breakfast is served with paper plates and plastic cups but I guess that is the way it goes
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Sao Paulo
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I stayed two nights mid week at the end of June. The room/suite room could have comfortably accommodated five guests. The full service in room kitchen was a surprise. This property would be a great place for anyone who will staying in Miami on business for more than a few days and does not want to deal with restaurants. You would be well advised to rent a car since, other than the airport, there is very little near the hotel.Parking is free, which is another reason to stay. (Most hotels in Miami and Miami Beach charge a hefty overnight parking fee. )
The workout room is health club quality.
I did not find the noise from the airplanes an issue even though the hotel is in line with the approach to the Miami International Airport.
The complementary breakfast service was adequately stocked with fresh fruits, yogurts, juices, breads, cereals, breakfast burritos and hot beverages. Don't expect anything for cook to order.
The hotel also hosts a social hour at the end of the day featuring complimentary beverages (wine, beer) and snacks. Be advised that the snacks served will probably not serve as a replacement for dinner.
The in room wifi was sufficient and reliable for my purposes. The work desk in the room was comfortable and spacious.
I would definitely return to this hotel if I was visiting the area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
LindseyVDK, Guest Relations Manager at Element Miami International Airport, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Hi newco12001,

Thanks for selecting Element Miami International Airport for your recent trip. We're glad to hear you enjoyed your experience, and that you found our room accommodations and hotel amenities satisfactory. We appreciate you sharing this detailed feedback and recommendation with future guests, and look forward to hosting you again in the future!
St. Paul
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We stayed here from a Friday morning until Saturday afternoon after a cruise. Wanted something close to the airport. The staff was kind enough to let us check-in early so one of us could recuperate from an illness. We found the Element to be very clean. Staff helpful. Loved the contemporary look & feel of the hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
chicago
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Nice boutique hotel. its got a good contemporary modern hipster feel to it! I like it and the bed was fantastic ti sleep in.. My wife thinks it has a cold sterile feel to it... All the rooms have a kitchen if you are staying any time at all...

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I stayed there for two nights before I head to the Keys with friends for a much-deserved vacation. The first night the power went out for 6+ hours. No air conditioning, lousy cold dinner and warm beer. Many guests checked out and we sweltered in the hotel. Staff was unattentive instead of being proactive and getting hot meals take out with cold drinks, they helped themselves to the warm beer and lousy chips and salad. Power came on at 1030 pm and the rest of the night was uneventful. When I checked out, the front desk attendant was gracious to give me 1/2 for the first night and comp my parking. Little did I k know that my troubles did not end here. When I got back home, I checked my credit card bill and found the initial charge for the hotel. The amount was ok, but 10 days later I saw an additional charge on the bill. For two weeks and constant calls to the Element-Miami, I was stonewalled until one day, I called Michael P. MacCallum, General Manager. Mike was attentive to my plight and sought to rectify it immediately. All-in-all, I would not stay here again. Customer Service sucked and attention to the guests were non-existent.

Room Tip: Stay away!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
LindseyVDK, Guest Relations Manager at Element Miami International Airport, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Hi tazbigdog,

Thanks for choosing Element, and for sharing your feedback with us. We're sorry to hear about the difficulties you experienced during your stay and the delay in resolving the billing issue. Glad to hear that our General Manager was able to quickly rectify the situation once you two were connected, but are sorry to hear that you weren't fully satisfied with the service we provided. Thanks again for sharing these comments with us.
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed June 23, 2013

be careful when willing to stay at Element Miami Intl Airport, I stayed for one week in a executive room and on the same floor 7 other room were rented for bussinesses purposes with the consequent disturbances of noises, people in/out, moving furniture, door knocking etc.
no respect to guests.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Good hotel and good localization, but the services and persons are poor/bad.
I made some purchases and nobody helped to localize the packages.
They stay at your desks only looking at you.
This is te negative point - the staff.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi waggom,

Thanks for choosing Element for your recent stay in Miami. We're glad you enjoyed you property and location and are sorry to hear about the service issues you experienced. Service is extremely important to us, so we appreciate you bringing this to our attention.