New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

GreenLeadersSilver level
Ljubljana, Slovenia
“Sebastjan, Slovenia”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

The hotel is nice and new and has a guarded parking lot, but it is a strange place. Breakfast is good, diverse places to sit is enough. Since around no stores or restaurants, is recommended only if you have a car.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
toronto
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the element as a couple over the weekend, with an early flight out on Monday. Shuttle from the airport is located at the departure level. The service is free, and the driver leaves every 30 minutes from the hotel. I have to say the shuttle drivers are the most personable staff at the hotel. They gave us local tips, told us about the hotel and offered great advice on dinner choices. Checkin was smooth, however the staff are stand offish, no one was pleasant and there was no SPG upgrade, points, or info about the hotel, breakfast, wifi. Would have been nice to learn there are no restaurants or bars at this hotel prior to walking around and finding out for ourselves. Room was nice with a small kitchenette, free wifi in the lobby and nice clean grounds. Free breakfast served in the morning. Not bad, there's something for everyone. Good stay, would have been better if the staff were more pleasant, instead of ignoring you as you walk by them. Local tip, take the shuttle back to the airport and look for the metro station. Take express bus to south beach for 5 bucks return. Save on a taxi for sure.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Michael M, General Manager at Element Miami International Airport, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Greetings Cervesa,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! I'm glad you like the hotel and our complimentary shuttle service.

Regarding SPG upgrades; because we are an all-suite hotel, there aren't any room upgrades available like there would be at a regular Starwood Hotel that has standard rooms with suite upgrades.

I'm glad your overall stay was good and I will be sure to share your feedback about the servie with our team so they can understand their impact on the guest experience.

Thank you again for sharing your feedback with us and thank you for being our guest.

Warsaw, Poland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

I am an intensive traveller but I must say I was impressed by this hotel and its new and modern studios - very comfortable studios which include a real kitchen (large fridge, microwave and even dish washing machine), a small salon with nice flat TV, a bathroom with nice shower, and comfortable bed. The breakfast was included but could be a bit better in terms of variety of food proposed. For a business traveller a drawback maybe the lack of restaurant and room service. There is a shuttle to the airport that we did not use as we had our own car - there is nothing outside of the hotel at walking distance - by car it is 20 min drive to Miami Beach.
To recommend if you look for a modern studio - you will feel like at home.

Hi there John203445,

Thank you so much for the awesome review! I'm so glad you were impressed by us. I'll note your comments about breakfast and share them with the Starwood team, I think there's room for opportunity there.

Thanks again for the review and thank you for being our guest!

Palm Beach, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

I’m SPG Gold. At check in the staff told me they had no rooms and to come back. I explained I needed to change and get to a meeting. Again, no rooms sorry come back in two hours. Once telling them to cancel my reservation they immediately gave me a room. I don’t like being lied to or jerked around. They staff at this motel gets an F. The room was great! New…but not very clean. The floor was filthy dirty and I had black feet after 5 mins in the room. Housekeeping gets an F. The location? Hmmm you have a gate and must use your key to get past the gate. Even they know the location is awful. Locations gets an F. No thanks for being SPG Gold. No welcome gift. Just jerked around!
I will stay at an Element again…just not this one. ....Also, no FOOD or local place to get it! Better pack some or you'll be really hungry!!

Room Tip: Bring your own food. They have NONE!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Andrew_Destin
Good Day Andrew_Destin,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us. Reading your review it looks like you just had one bad stay and I'm sorry. I don't like hearing (or reading) about my guests who did not have an enjoyable experience.

Please reach out to me by phone and I will be delighted to offer you a complimentary two night stay at my hotel so that we may earn an A rating from you.

Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

Stayed one night after a cruise. Hard to find since there is so much road construction around the Miami Airport. Sits in an unattractive industrial area on a canal. Room was nice and seems to be popular with long-term stays for people in training and flight crews. Shuttle drivers will take you to restaurants in the local area.

Found a small tube of toothpaste behind the door (left from a previous guest) and the toilet was clogged before we checked in - had to call maintenance. Rest of the room was clean.

Nice gym and outdoor pool.

I have stayed at Element before in Las Vegas and was familiar with the concept.

Hello YULtravels,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. You're right, the hotel can be difficult to find with all of the construction around the airport and we the cornerstone of an urban revitalization project on Lake Palmer but once you're on the hotel grounds I think you'll agree that it's like you're at a small resort.

I will definately speak to housekeeping about the issue with the toothpaste you found - that's not the kind of amenities we like to offer.

Glad you found the gym and the pool to be nice - I love them both, personally.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience and thank you so much for staying with us.

Thomaston, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

We stayed at the Element at Miami International airport for one night awaiting a cruise. The staff were friendly and well trained to represent their product well on the front line. The room was clean and modern and the bed was comfortable. There were no problems with the room and all items worked correctly. To sum it up excellent service, value, sleep quality, and cleanliness. The location score depends on your needs. We needed something close to the airport so the location was perfect.

Greetings Gary K,

Thank you so much for the great review! I'm glad you found us to be friendly, comfortable, clean and modern. We like to consider ourselves an oasis tucked away in at the airport.

Come and visit us again the next time you're in Miami!

Miami Beach
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

I stayed at the Element Miami International Airport on a overnight to Los Angeles. It's a newly built building with modern decor. Each room comes with a frig, microwave, and mini-stove. The location is not so great as if sits on a street that is not well lit. But the shuttle service to the airport is consist and the staff is quite nice. They also offer a continental breakfast. I enjoy this location when I have to fly out early from MIA INTL Airport.

Room Tip: Try to get personal amenities as there is no where safe nearby to get them.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Greetings slynsobe,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us! I'm glad you find us to be a value with nice staff and modern decor.

I noticed that your room tip says to try to get personal amenities. Well, we have done just that. We now have personal amenities in our Re:Store market available for purchase. Thanks for the tip!

Thank you again for your feedback and thank you for staying with us.