I'm an SPG Platinum - and that means I travel a lot and stay in lots of hotels, including Starwood. There are many things to love about this hotel, and I stayed here on a leisure trip with my family (wife + 1 child)
1. Clean, modern, comfortable - the room was very clean, well serviced every day, had a full kitchen (full size fridge, large microwave - both which were very useful for us). Spacious bath (no bathtub but we didn't care about that)
2. Good room amenities - apart from the full kitchen, there was a comfortable working desk and chair + a dock (rarely see that in hotels) with 2 charge plugs, HDMI, USB port - which is great for business purposes
3. Good breakfast - nice breakfast area, pretty good breakfast - smoothie shots, blueberry, grapes, muffins, assortment of bread, 2 types of juice, banana, yogurt cups, omelettes etc.
4. Close to the airport and to the expressways. On a low traffic day you can be at the south beach in 20 minutes, and airport in 10.
1. Location - yes, it's close to the airport. But it's in a dingy, industrial kind of area and with constructions around your GPS might not even get you there (we had to follow detour signposts). There is nothing around, you can't walk around after dark. We were surprised (as were other reviewers for this hotel) on how a nice hotel like this ended up in this location.
2. Wi-fi was OK, not great
If you're with family, need a kitchen and a modern, clean hotel then this is great value for the money (or points). If you're very picky about the location, want to walk around the hotel then this isn't for you. If I were back in Miami and needed to find a place to stay for short trips, I would definitely choose this again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just outside of Miami International Airport on picturesque Lake Palmer, we offer all of the amenities you need to thrive on long stays. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Element Miami International Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.