“The modern "Extended-stay"”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Miami, Florida
“The modern "Extended-stay"”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I have relocated to the Miami area and needed a place to stay while designating my permanent residence. Element and its staff have been absolutely awesome. They are very responsive to the needs of their guests. They go above in beyond: my car battery died and the manager and maintenance guy waited outside with me in the parking lot while one of the shuttles was used to jump my car.
The kitchenette (full size refrigerator, flat top stove, and dishwasher with utensils, plates, pots/pans!) has met all my needs for cooking and the bonus of free breakfast and weekly tapas (Mon-Thurs) has been great. I love the fact that in my transition, I am still able to do the things I love, free internet/nice cable selections, work-out at the gym (cardio and weight machines, free weights) and enjoy the pool and patio area.
From the reviews of the Element when it first opened earlier this year, this hotel has come a long way and I would recommend this hotel to anyone. The hotel is certainly "green" and I am already changing my habits to be more energy efficient. Definitely a brilliant idea by Starwood Hotels.

Room Tip: Pointer -- 5th floor = better phone reception:) lake/pool view is relaxing If you need a quieter e...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
ElementMiami, General Manager at Element Miami International Airport, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Element after your recent stay with us. Our goal is to create a memorable experience for our guests every stay!

I have shared your exciting news of how Element Miami has encouraged you to live just a little greener from now on! We all were real inspired by that news and if we can do anything to help just let us know!

We wish you much success in Miami and please know we are always here when you need to get away, even if we're in your own backyard!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Arecibo, Puerto Rico
Reviewed August 11, 2012

I booked this place to spend with my wife and daughter two nights as we returned from Orlando to visit relatives on our way back home. I have a Sheraton time share thus I was attracted by the Starwood customer service person in staying there. I had alreday browsed the Internet this hotel and looked very appealing. It's new, modern style, and included breakfast.
Reality check: The location is a very lonely industrial area where my relatives leaving in Miami told me to be dangerous. This is the only hotel that I stayed in USA with a full fence and operated gate with intercom.
There is a general new look but the Devil is in the details; the room finishes are very, extremely lousy, particularly in the bathroom. Dirty flooring and tles, unfinished edges, lacking sealant (I have pictures to show). Then they never came to clean our room, this is a non-carpet room that makes more noticiable when the fllor is not cleaned. The room furnishing are very good, rooms are big and comfortable. It seems that this hotel previously was some sort of office building that was converted to hotel. The doors have a stainless steel sheet metal in a location that may have been a sight glass window. The corridor finishes also looked run down or un finished for a new facility. We had a lot of trouble with the TV and the bathroom exhaust was not working. Maintenance came to the room but were never able to fix any of the two.
I only had breakfast once, but have to admit that its very good for a sel served buffet. They have a gourmet coffee brewer machine.
Last year I stayed in a Marriot SpringHill that this year was slightly more expensive and we consider it a better deal than the Element: better location, better finishes and better service.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank familyman80
Trinidad and Tobago
Reviewed August 9, 2012

The hotel itself was nice ,breakfast was always of a high standard and the evening dinners were light but okay.The problem started when I realized there was absolutely NO Cell phone signals available , so i was cut off from my relatives. If you do not own or you have not rented a car this is NOT the place for you if you intend to leave the hotel.Although the shuttle will take you to the Airport regularly, getting to the malls, downtown and back is a great hassle. Trying to do this with children is horrible. Once you get back to the airport you need to call and let them know where to pick you up....Good luck to you if they answer the phone within Ten Minutes.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 9, 2012

WOW lovely hotel - beautiful room, very elegant and modern furnished, even the kitchenette!
The bathroom is a lovely SPA experience:-) A beautiful pool for relaxing outside the lobby situated in front of a quiet lake in closed hotel area.
Breakfast, light evening meal and coffee/ tea is complimentary. They even provide a big trendy fitnessroom and a comfortable cooled shuttle to airport .

Why isnt this hotel graded 4 star - 3 star go home here!

We stayed only 1 night since we had an early flight next morning - will come back!

• Stayed August 2012
Miami, Florida
Reviewed August 9, 2012 via mobile

A little hard to find due to road detours in the area but very nice, comfortable room and bathroom, breakfast and afternoon happy hour included and main thing the staff, they go lut of their way to help!!!

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 8, 2012

If your stuck at the airport and you're looking for a hip hotel with a good rate, look no further than the Element. The rooms are completely stacked: full kitchenette, a REAL HDTV (no flat screen with standard def business), wi-fi, DVD player, and sofa. They also have nifty ports that allow you to connect your laptop to the TV (for Netflix addicts, etc). They have a solid gym, a great pool, and a superior breakfast (real eggs!). The only downside (keeping this from a 5 star rating) is that it is in the middle of NO WHERE. Call a cab amigos, cuz you're not eating around the hotel unless you like pizza (the only delivery option after 9pm).

Room Tip: Excellent place to stay if you have young kiddies...or on a layover!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Although not in a nice neighborhood, this hotel is very centrally located. The hotel definitely has a European feel. The rooms are ample and very comfortable. We loved the full size kitchen. The bathroom is very pretty and comfortable as well. The beds are also comfortable and clean. We got a great deal at this hotel and are really happy with the value that we got.

• Stayed August 2012