“Great New Green Hotel Experience”

Element Miami International Airport
Ranked #37 of 125 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 28, 2012

As a Starwood Platinum and Hilton Diamond traveller, I am well travelled and stay at many hotels around the world. I had a wonderful experience staying just one evening at a brand new Element Hotel at the Miami International Airport. First of all, the hotel manager was most attentive to all of my needs, and went the extra distance to provide exemplary service to me. My room was upgraded to a 1 bedroom suite, and it was so nice that I wished I could have stayed longer. Just like a small apartment with large TV-s, desk, full size refrigerator and stove, and lovely lighted bathroom with impressive shower and accoutrements. It was so great to be in a totally non smoking environment. I took advantage of the large gym with a great assortment of equipment, and the large swimming pool and comfortable chaise lounges on which I was able to get some rays before my international flight. The staff was very helpful, and, overall it was such a great experience. I will look forward to staying here again when I am in the vicinity and I recommend the hotel for business and leisure travellers who want a clean, healthy and pleasant environment in which to stay. This is how all the hotels should be in the States. Thanks Bryan!!!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Sarah33333

Reviewed May 26, 2012

My husband & I stayed here May 11-13, 2012 for a Miami Marlins game & we had an early flight out on the 13th. It is close to the Marlins ballpark, approx. 2 miles and the airport is one street over. Let's start with the good first. The room was spacious and somewhat clean. The daytime staff was friendly. That is all the good I can say. Now let's talk about the bad. If you build a hotel near the airport it should have sound proofing, this place has none. You can hear EVERY plane that takes off. Then the clientele was not what I expected. Let's just say even my husband felt unsafe after dark. The gate in front of the hotel is just for show, anyone can get in. I found hair in my "clean" towel. That is just unacceptable. The bed was a little too firm for my taste, but I can live with that. Just FYI, there are no drawers in the bedroom, just a closet with one shelve. My suggestion is stay somewhere else & don't even think twice about staying here. Happy Traveling!!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank mrsslovestotravel
Reviewed May 20, 2012

Close to the airport, good shuttle service, very attractive minimal decor, room was very comfortable, great breakfast buffet (lots of fresh blue berries).
Pleasant staff.
I slept really well even though there were periodic muffled sounds of takeoffs and landings.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Jeff S
Reviewed May 16, 2012

Although the Element backs up to a bit of a less than desirable neighborhood the hotel itself more than makes up for it. The check in was friendly and efficient. The lobby was very spacious and airy. The rooms were absolutely huge with 2 beds a large glass topped desk and a full kitchen. When I say full kitchen I mean a stove, microwave, pots and pans, super nice! We just came off a cruise and I swear the bathroom was bigger than out cruise ship cabin, huge! They had a full breakfast including egg white scramble, hot and cold cereal, yoghurt, bagels and a host of pastries and juices. If i had to complain about anything it would be the $9 parking charge but the hotel was gated and very safe. I honestly never checked out the gym or pool. It was about 3 miles from the new Marlins Park if that is your destination. This hotel was great and I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. I rarely rave about a hotel but I've told everyone I know about this place.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank OlympicMike
Reviewed May 11, 2012

I used my SPG to stay at this hotel, they charged my credit card for the room and i called and asked for the manager to call me twice to resolve this issue and was completely ignored. Unprofessional management and inexperienced ignorant staff. The worst experince ever with a hotel!!

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank BostonAA
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Stayed at Element Miami Airport for two nights. As a new hotel (opened in March, 2012) there are still work to be done as one of the elevators was not operational.
Pros: Free airport pick up and drop off, modern gym, free breakfast, free shuttle to supermarket, 24 hour coffee/tea machines, free internet access in the entire hotel, free computers to use in the lobby, friendly and very helpful staff, completely fenced property, parking, all rooms equipped with a kitchenette, swimming pool, all modern appliances, comfy beds
Cons: No sheltered area for drop off if its raining so you and your luggage gets wet in rainy conditions, current use of only one elevator makes it a long walk according to your room location. There is no restaurants and it's not located near to any food places.
It's very quiet, clean and welcoming. The young staff is also friendly. It will be one of my favourite places to stay on any return trip to Miami. You have to experience it to appreciate it. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Choose rooms close to the elevators, no matter the level.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Vincy2
Reviewed May 10, 2012

Stayed here for a couple of nights...great airport hotel. Upon arrival at the airport, we called the hotel to pick us up.

Pros
• continental breakfast....don't expect a buffet of breakfast items. one day they had eggs/egg whites and sausages and next day they had ham/cheese croissants
• 24 hour coffee machine (great lattes, mochas, hot coca)
Cons
• no restaurants on site or nearby (shuttle will take you) - choice of cuban, papa john pizza (has healthy alternatives) and chinese for delivery options
• location very isolated

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family