“Beautiful Property with Wonderful Service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Ritz-Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami

The Ritz-Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3300 SW 27th Ave, Coconut Grove, Miami, FL 33133-5305 (Coconut Grove)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Complimentary Breakfast
Ranked #22 of 119 Hotels in Miami
Baltimore, Maryland
“Beautiful Property with Wonderful Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

I enjoyed my stay at The Ritz-Carlton, Coconut Grove tremendously. I was so very well taken care of by the staff throughout. The pool area was great. And, I loved my room. This will be my go-to property when staying in the Miami area, for sure.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

Our family recently had a wonderful stay at this hotel. We were greeted at check-in by Elizabeth, who offered each of us a glass of champagne as we checked in. What a nice way to start a long weekend! Our rooms were comfortable and each had a balcony overlooking the pool, with a partial ocean view. The decor was understated and tasteful, and the beds were incredibly comfortable. The white marble bathroom was spacious and spotlessly clean. It was nice to have a small coffee maker in the room; I have stayed at other Ritz-Carltons that didn't have this much-appreciated amenity. My only quibble with the hotel is that they really need to upgrade to high definition television.

We enjoyed a light dinner in the lobby, and the salads were excellent. Coconut Grove has many good restaurants ranging from casual chain restaurants to fine dining only a five minute walk from the hotel.

Finally, a note about service....it is outstanding. Elizabeth left us a note with restaurant recommendations and a stack of maps and brochures she thought would interest us. Service at the lobby restaurant and the pool bar was excellent, and the valets always brought our car to us promptly. Everyone is friendly and seems dedicated to providing guests an enjoyable stay at the Ritz-Carlton Coconut Grove.

Room Tip: We had rooms on the fifth floor, and they were very quiet.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank IllinoisTravel4Fun
Coastal South Carolina, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

Recently, stayed at this property for the first time and it was a trip not to remember. What ever could go wrong did. I really can't put my finger on the overall cause but it might be weird set of coincidences which converged upon us. In each and every instance, employees and management responded quickly to rectify the damage.

I will give this property another try solely because of the outstanding training and excellent communications skills of every employee that we encountered and there were many. I must say that the attitude expressed by the valet to the doorman through housekeeping to even the bartender was excellent and I believe genuine.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the Bayside, construction across the street
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank Mercerbabydrumondco
Honolulu, Hawaii
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

Room Tip: Please avoid the Bay side now as a major construction project is underway across the street and they...
Green Features: The usual droll about, water, fresh towels, LED lights etc blah blah. Look there is no way that a South Florida Hotel can be green considering the heat and humidity of the area. But they are really trying.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
nj usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

This hotel is located near coco walk and near beautiful park with boats and walking/running path. I stayed here for two days for work related meetings. This hotel also has full time residents who own/rent upper floor of hotel.

Room Tip: Call hotel to ask about quiet room as construction of two condo towers across street are expected to...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

Keep in mind this rating is relative to the price paid and the expectations that come with a hotel like this.

We arrived a little after midnight after our flight was delayed. We had to wait a couple of minutes for a valet to come out - this was, I 'suppose' is ok since it was a little late. Check in - they could not immediately locate our name but after a couple minutes of playing with the computer, they found us. We went to the elevators and they were all turned off - several guests who came back to the hotel at the same time with us were as confused as to why this was the case. We waited a couple minutes until a staff person came to flip the switch on one of the elevators. When we got in the room, first thing I noticed is that someone had taken off the fire detector (Room 620 in case the management is reading this review) and laid it in front of the TV. No big deal to me - I was worried that it was a smoker from the prior stay but the room did not smell at all - but it was another negative mark given the hiccups thus far.

We went straight to sleep. The next morning I ordered the Brioche French Toast. With the charges and gratuity, two slices of the toast totaled $27 - I would have been fine, but the problem was the French Toast was completely burnt. I didnt complain about it and we ate about 75% of it. We then left the hotel and came back at night, around 8 PM. Nothing worse in my mind than schlepping up to your room and neither card works. My wife had to go back down (sorry, she booked the room under her name) to get new key cards.

I realize some of this is trivial, but when you pay about $500/night for a hotel, I think you should not experience the above. I will say the room was very nice in appearance (except for the shower, which was about 6 feet high and had a poor shower head) and the staff was nice and courteous.

We keep not complain at all about any of the above, because that is not what we do. However, the hotel will suffer the wrath of my review because almost all of the above should have been done right the first time. As I write this I changed my review from 2 dots to 1 dot, again on the premise of the expectations that should come with a hotel such as this.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
5 Thank D T
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

I am writing this review from the pool side on our last day at the Ritz Carlton. I feel compelled to write as we are so disappointed and this hotel isn't up to Ritz standards.

The negative impression was set as we tried to check in. When I booked our 4 night stay (in July so 5 months in advance) I booked 2 rooms and stated 1 room MUST have twin beds as we have a 19 and 16 year old travelling with us. At check in we were told all the twin rooms had been allocated and it is policy to reserve either twin or double rooms and until guest arrival you can't know the room you will get. This is a ridiculous booking system but to add to the problem further the solution given was to book another room so it has cost an additional $2000 to the original booking. To be told the hotel was full and so all rooms were occupied but then to be given the option of a double room at additional cost is dubious to say the least.

The list of negatives continue with a broken security door lock that was reported twice and not fixed, a dirty coffee machine left with old coffee in, water in the room not replenished and the mini bar left unstocked. All of theses are small oversights but after the booking mistake it just all adds up to a bad level of service from the front desk.

Now I must mention the positives, the waiting staff are very friendly and helpful and the rooms are fine and as you would expect from any Ritz. The location is good with an easy walk to Coconut Grove and a short taxi ride to South beach and the shopping malls.

We would return to Miami but will choose a different hotel

Stayed December 2013