The Ritz-Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami
HolidayInn.com
$117
$108
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Miami Airport(Miami)(Great Value!)
$105
$93
$189
$159
Hampton.com
  • Breakfast included
Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay(Miami)(Great Value!)
$159
$95
  • Bar/Lounge
$122
$119
Regency Hotel Miami(Miami)(Great Value!)
$125
$103
Cancelon
All reviewscoconut grovemarble bathroomsouth beachquiet areaturn down servicekey biscaynelobby barrestaurants and shopshotel is beautifulrooms are nicecoral gablesfour seasonsvalet parkingbiscayne bayrcgeovannyruddy
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Keep in mind this rating is relative to the price paid and the expectations that come with a hotel like this.

We arrived a little after midnight after our flight was delayed. We had to wait a couple of minutes for a valet to come out - this was, I 'suppose' is ok since it was a little late. Check in - they could not immediately locate our name but after a couple minutes of playing with the computer, they found us. We went to the elevators and they were all turned off - several guests who came back to the hotel at the same time with us were as confused as to why this was the case. We waited a couple minutes until a staff person came to flip the switch on one of the elevators. When we got in the room, first thing I noticed is that someone had taken off the fire detector (Room 620 in case the management is reading this review) and laid it in front of the TV. No big deal to me - I was worried that it was a smoker from the prior stay but the room did not smell at all - but it was another negative mark given the hiccups thus far.

We went straight to sleep. The next morning I ordered the Brioche French Toast. With the charges and gratuity, two slices of the toast totaled $27 - I would have been fine, but the problem was the French Toast was completely burnt. I didnt complain about it and we ate about 75% of it. We then left the hotel and came back at night, around 8 PM. Nothing worse in my mind than schlepping up to your room and neither card works. My wife had to go back down (sorry, she booked the room under her name) to get new key cards.

I realize some of this is trivial, but when you pay about $500/night for a hotel, I think you should not experience the above. I will say the room was very nice in appearance (except for the shower, which was about 6 feet high and had a poor shower head) and the staff was nice and courteous.

We keep not complain at all about any of the above, because that is not what we do. However, the hotel will suffer the wrath of my review because almost all of the above should have been done right the first time. As I write this I changed my review from 2 dots to 1 dot, again on the premise of the expectations that should come with a hotel such as this.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank D T
Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

I am writing this review from the pool side on our last day at the Ritz Carlton. I feel compelled to write as we are so disappointed and this hotel isn't up to Ritz standards.

The negative impression was set as we tried to check in. When I booked our 4 night stay (in July so 5 months in advance) I booked 2 rooms and stated 1 room MUST have twin beds as we have a 19 and 16 year old travelling with us. At check in we were told all the twin rooms had been allocated and it is policy to reserve either twin or double rooms and until guest arrival you can't know the room you will get. This is a ridiculous booking system but to add to the problem further the solution given was to book another room so it has cost an additional $2000 to the original booking. To be told the hotel was full and so all rooms were occupied but then to be given the option of a double room at additional cost is dubious to say the least.

The list of negatives continue with a broken security door lock that was reported twice and not fixed, a dirty coffee machine left with old coffee in, water in the room not replenished and the mini bar left unstocked. All of theses are small oversights but after the booking mistake it just all adds up to a bad level of service from the front desk.

Now I must mention the positives, the waiting staff are very friendly and helpful and the rooms are fine and as you would expect from any Ritz. The location is good with an easy walk to Coconut Grove and a short taxi ride to South beach and the shopping malls.

We would return to Miami but will choose a different hotel

Stayed: December 2013
4  Thank lovemyflipflops
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

I had the pleasure of spending four night at this hotel. Even though they were fully booked with sailing families, the hotel staff was eager to help and very attentive to our requests. The housekeeping still does bed turndowns (which seems a thing of the past) and was very friendly. The breakfast was delicious. They have an attractive pool and spa too. I cannot wait to return...

Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Beds were amazingly comfortable, bathrooms spacious, and rooms nice size.
Service was outstanding across the board - valets, bellmen, bartenders, concierge, reception staff and sales team.

Overall my experience was excellent and i felt well taken care of.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Exactly what you would expect from a Ritz Carlton experience. A pleasure in every way. Very convenient to shopping areas and restaurants. It was an oasis from the heat in July. Lovely seating areas to lounge or mingle outdoors, too. Would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family