I come often to Coconut Grove for business, but this was my first stay at the Ritz. Location from my client is excellent, but there's not all that much around this are even if you stay at the Courtyard a block north, or the Sonesta a block south. I've been to Coco Walk so many times now it feels boring; it's kind of touristy and some of the restaurants are chains (Cheesecake Factory, Johnny Rockets). The hotel itself is beautiful, as you'd expect, the room is large, uber-clean; linens crisp and thick, solid wood furnishings and beautiful lighting fixtures. The bed was among the most comfortable I've slept in, and the entire place was quiet! I was expecting more of the legendary fawning treatment my colleague had described about the hotel. Although my wheeled bag was light and small, no one even offered to carry it. Not a deal breaker for me, but a miss when it comes to attentive customer service.
Was a bit disappointed they don't have a buffet for breakfast as the a la carte is pricey and when you want to get to your meeting quickly, no time to sit and wait. There is a bar/eating area in the lobby. My colleague and I worked on our laptops at one of the counters. We had attentive service from Mehmet. We got a great corporate rate, and I'd stay here again, but in my opinion, the Viceroy downtown ranks a bit higher than the Ritz.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hidden among lush subtropical foliage and surrounded by the brilliant turquoise waters of Biscayne Bay, The Ritz-Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami provides an unforgettable escape to one of the city's most delightful downtown hotels. After a day spent exploring the eclectic boutiques, art galleries and restaurants that characterize Miami's original neighborhood, resort guests can indulge in a soothing treatment at the hotel's spa, discover dining that celebrates fresh Florida fare from farm to sea, and relax in accommodations that reveal views of the adjacent marina from a private balcony. Whether for business or pleasure, let us make our corner of Miami the one you return to over and over again. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Otel, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Marriott and Jetsetter so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami Hotel Miami
- Coconut Grove Ritz Carlton
- Ritz Coconut Grove