Ok, to be honest, we got this as a GREAT deal on an auction. However, this was our first visit to a RItz. If we had paid full price, we would have been disapointed ($350-$500 a night off season). We paid around $225 and at that price it was a value.
Zee (front desk) and Nora (restaurant), are superstars! Made us feel like RITZ royalty!
Super clean with a beautiful white marble bathroom with separate shower and soaking tub. Wonderful Asprey Purple Water amenities, and thick, crisp white bedding!
The main areas were beautiful as well. Small pool and workout room open 24 hours. Small lobby bar with a beautiful FIREPLACE, yes FIREPLACE, in Florida! Awesome. They even have a cigar bar.
The view from our third floor room was non-existent (an office building), and the view from the side (bathroom) was of a rusted set of AC water tank (maybe some potted plants would be a nice addition to soften the view).
Front desk made an excellent suggestion for the Peacock Garden Cafe, super outdoor dinner in a garden setting just blocks away.
Room was average 3.5 star room, except it was exceptionally clean and crisp. But, not what I was expecting for our first staty at the Ritz. Having stayed at top properties like the Breakers and the Waldorf NYC, this was a disapointnment. We were expecting grandeur with a Ritz.This property had a grand lobby, staff, and location (no views), but 3.5 to 4-star room, not 5 (our opinion).
The people and the cleanliness are the top. A true 4 start hotel (well above average). We will withhold the 5 starts for the Waldorf and the Breakers...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hidden among lush subtropical foliage and surrounded by the brilliant turquoise waters of Biscayne Bay, The Ritz-Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami provides an unforgettable escape to one of the city's most delightful downtown hotels. After a day spent exploring the eclectic boutiques, art galleries and restaurants that characterize Miami's original neighborhood, resort guests can indulge in a soothing treatment at the hotel's spa, discover dining that celebrates fresh Florida fare from farm to sea, and relax in accommodations that reveal views of the adjacent marina from a private balcony. Whether for business or pleasure, let us make our corner of Miami the one you return to over and over again. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Marriott, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami Hotel Miami
- Coconut Grove Ritz Carlton
- Ritz Coconut Grove