My wife and I were invited to a wedding at the Ritz-Carlton in Coconut Grove, Florida so we decided to stay at that hotel for the occasion. The wedding was on Saturday night, but we stayed for three nights -- Friday, Saturday and Sunday. The hotel was expensive (even with the "special" wedding rate), but being a Ritz-Carlton, that was to be expected. Although the hotel is very nice (particularly the public areas) it is not special enough to warrant the rates. The rooms are average size and nicely furnished, but no larger or nicer than the rooms at many hotels at much lower rates. Because it is a Ritz-Carlton, they think that they can charge you at every turn. For example, a small can of juice from the mini-bar was $8.00; parking is $33.00 per night (and there are basically no other places to park in the area); the charge for using the computers in the hotel's business center is $.50 cents a minute, so if you do about an hour's worth of work, the cost would be $30.00; having a tuxedo pressed (not cleaned) is $22.50. And the list goes on and on. So, the moral of the story is that you can probably get almost as much for much less.
One more thing. When reserving the room, I requested a "quiet" room not near an elevator or vending machine. That request was honored; however, on Saturday morning we were woken at 8:00 AM by the loudest construction noise I have ever heard. They were constructing a new building directly outside of our hotel window. Of course, we were not told about this when checking in. When we complained, their answer was that the construction was only Monday through Saturday and that there was no construction on Sunday!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hidden among lush subtropical foliage and surrounded by the brilliant turquoise waters of Biscayne Bay, The Ritz-Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami provides an unforgettable escape to one of the city's most delightful downtown hotels. After a day spent exploring the eclectic boutiques, art galleries and restaurants that characterize Miami's original neighborhood, resort guests can indulge in a soothing treatment at the hotel's spa, discover dining that celebrates fresh Florida fare from farm to sea, and relax in accommodations that reveal views of the adjacent marina from a private balcony. Whether for business or pleasure, let us make our corner of Miami the one you return to over and over again. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Marriott, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelsforEveryone and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami Hotel Miami
- Coconut Grove Ritz Carlton
- Ritz Coconut Grove