Booked a 3 day weekend thru AA Vacations to the Ritz to celebrate a belated birthday & have some down time. It was a girls weekend away, leaving our men behind! I mentioned it was Lori's belated birthday and the hotel gave her a bottle of wine to celebrate! What a nice touch! The hotel is beautiful, the beds very comfortable, the bath towels are wonderful & the patio was great for sipping coffee/wine and enjoying the view & ocean breeze. We enjoyed the chocolates at turn down each night! The staff were all very nice. Franz, the bartender at the pool was very attentive & fun to converse with! We were given a handicap accessible room, so did miss having a bathtub. We had asked concierge's to assist us with travel plans, which ended up with an unexpected $70.00 taxi ride, when taking the bus/train for the day would have only been $5.00/person...The next day we booked a massage in Coral Gables & asked for walking directions. The directions were left at the podium for us. We ended up walking in a low income part of town, that when we returned & shared where we had walked, I was told they don't recommend guests go there...While in Coral Gables we stopped at a sports bar to watch the end of the Packer game. We asked the gentleman at our table about better directions with the map we had been given & he said he wouldn't let us walk back, instead, he gave us a ride back to Coco walk...He is a football coach for the University of Florida! Thank you again for your kindness! I shared my concerns with Charlie when we returned & he was VERY apologetic for our inconveniences and gave us dinner on the house that night. I suggested that their staff be more aware that some people are happy to walk places or take mass transit & that these options be detailed enough so that guests don't get into areas that aren't safe...The dinner was delicious and we enjoyed eating in and going to bed early! I asked for confirmation on our pick-up with Super Shuttle which was done immediately. To our surprise, we were picked up in a Lincoln Town Car, instead of the shuttle, a very nice touch! Unfortunately, President Obama was in town & the freeway was shut down during his escort, so sat in bumper to bumper traffic for quite a while, before being allowed to continue on, no fault to our driver. This was a GREAT place to stay, very accommodating to our needs, great food/drink and close to coco walk. We even enjoyed live music from our patio due to a 75th birthday party going on on the terrace below our patio Saturday night! Thank you for everything! Your staff really do go the extra mile and when there is a concern, they truly listen and are willing to do what they can to make it up to you. I would highly recommend staying here, just be very specific about your travel plans & do your homework ahead of time....We are from a small town in Wisc. and aren't used to the big city and how spread out things are...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hidden among lush subtropical foliage and surrounded by the brilliant turquoise waters of Biscayne Bay, The Ritz-Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami provides an unforgettable escape to one of the city's most delightful downtown hotels. After a day spent exploring the eclectic boutiques, art galleries and restaurants that characterize Miami's original neighborhood, resort guests can indulge in a soothing treatment at the hotel's spa, discover dining that celebrates fresh Florida fare from farm to sea, and relax in accommodations that reveal views of the adjacent marina from a private balcony. Whether for business or pleasure, let us make our corner of Miami the one you return to over and over again. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Marriott, Priceline, TravelUp, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami Hotel Miami
- Coconut Grove Ritz Carlton
- Ritz Coconut Grove