“Perfect Honeymoon”

The Ritz-Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami
Ranked #12 of 122 Hotels in Miami
“Perfect Honeymoon”
Reviewed January 15, 2012

This hotel represents true 5-Star quality. The linens were of the finest quality, and our suite was BEAUTIFUL! The service was of supreme quality, and the food was outstanding! We have vowed to return for every 5th anniversary.

Room Tip: Any view is truly lovely. Be sure to have breakfast in bed at least ONCE. It's well worth it...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Alexander B, Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami, responded to this review, January 16, 2012
Dear Naima1922,

Thank you for taking the time to share your beautiful experience with the TripAdvisor community. The Ladies and Gentlemen at The Ritz-Carlton Coconut Grove are glad that you enjoyed a warm, relaxed, yet refined experience with us. Congratulations on your commitment to each other and we look forward to seeing you and your husband in five years.

Assistant Rooms Executive

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 15, 2012

Stayed here for several days in May. The location was good for us it was away from the hustle and bustle of the main strip, but not to fare that you could not get a taxi in.
The staff, room and service delivered as you would expect from this brand of hotel. They even managed to source a tailor with 30 minutes’ notice.
Coconut Grove, itself is a great place to hang out with a good mix of bars and restaurants. There really is not more to say then the hotel more than met expectations and was very welcoming, I would recommend this to any one

Room Tip: Sounds flash, but pay the extra and the get a suite, you wil not be disapointed
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear BCKN,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and the TripAdvisor community. We are delighted to hear that the Ritz-Carlton experience fulfilled even your unexpressed wishes and needs. I would also agree with you that the upgrade to a suite for $100 per day is an excellent bargain and experience. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed January 6, 2012

When we travel we usually stay in very nice hotels, and very often in a Ritz Carlton. I've never been disappointed in an RC property before, but the RC at Coconut Grove managed to disappoint in a big way. We were in Miami for 2 nights with our 2 sons (older teenagers). We were in a very nice suite...however there was only one sink, which I found unusual. There was a lot of construction going on with another part of the building, so from some unearthly hour in the morning until late afternoon there was absolutely no peace whatsoever due to the constant outdoor construction with cranes, bull dozers, etc. Usually in an RC there are a few shops,....or at least one, where you might find toiletries, etc. This RC does not have a single shop. The breakfast was quite unappetizing. Pastries were clearly not fresh. The scrambled egg container had about 2 servings left and those looked like they had been in there for some time, so I sat down and just waited to see if they would bring out fresh eggs. After 20 minutes, the chef came out, checked all the containers, including the eggs, and went back into the kitchen. 20 minutes later....still no fresh eggs. (I was eating other things from the buffet while I waited.) I finally asked the manager to bring some fresh eggs, and it was only then that fresh eggs were put out. She did bring me my own plate, which was nice but should not have had to happen. The breakfast service was not good....our waitresses were not attentive. In addition, the fire alarms went off 4 times in 2 days. One of those times was later at night after we were all ready for bed. It turns out that this is a regular occurrence for this Ritz because the residences and the hotel are on the same system. Apparently any tiny thing can set it off. The trouble is, most of the staff just ignore the alarms. It's like the boy that cries wolf...what happens when it's a real emergency? No....as much I love Ritz Carlton, I do NOT recommend the Coconut Grove RC.

• Stayed January 2012
3 Thank luvhrsz
Dear luvhrsz,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We would be grateful for the opportunity to speak to you about the experiences you had at The Ritz-Carlton Coconut Grove and replace them with the true Ritz-Carlton experience that our Ladies and Gentlemen take pride in. Please contact me at your convenience,(786) 470-1256, so that I may address your concerns.

Thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to providing you with the finest personal service and facilities.

New York City, New York
Reviewed January 5, 2012

I am a frequent biz traveler and stay at Ritz, Four Seasons, etc., for the level of service afforded to its clients. While this hotel is very nice, up to Ritz standards, the management of the hotel and level of service is awful. No one picks up phones, my bill was not ready when checking out, etc. In fact, as I write this review I have been waiting on hold with the hotel for 20min trying to get my bill they did not have ready when I checked out yesterday. No one was picking up their main line, etc. Really embarresing for a Ritz. Run like a Holiday Inn.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank NYEVAN
Reviewed January 2, 2012

My family (2 adults 2 kids) stayed here for 4 days this past week. I have stayed at several Ritz Carltons before and was surprised at the issues that we had this time. The minute you walk in you are overwhelmed by the scent of roses. It was nice but overbearing. Breakfast the next a.m. was so bad. Not just the service, but the breakfast buffet was awful. The choices were awful. Just simply lame. The next a.m. We decided to order off of the menu. That was what we had planned to do if we had anyone waiting on us. After about 20 minutes of asking several people to take our order I did get a cup of ice cold coffee. It was at this time I decided to leave and go eat somewhere else. The same day it was after 4:00 when we had to call and have someone make up our room. The same night we went down to the pool, I even called to ask if they had towels down there and was told yes. Well, needless to say there were no towels and I had to carry 2 freezing children up to the room. The next day went to the pools again, this time in the middle of the afternoon, still no towels even asked for someone to bring us one 2 times- never got the towel. Had to go into the spa and find one on our own. Might sound like small trivial things, but when you are spending this kind of $$ you expect more.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Michelle G
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 27, 2011

I booked this in a hurry - thinking this is a well known 5 star brand and should meet International Ritz standards. I think our first disappointment was that the hotel is far away from South Beach ( and I completely acknowledge that the hotel is not to blame for this) - so my biggest recommendation is that if you are travelling to Miami for some fun, party and good music - I would recommend booking other hotels on Miami South Beach. Return fare from this hotel to South Beach work out to be $70 ($30-35 each way) - so I think we would have been better off spending these $70 on a room closer to the main area.
The other disappointment was that our check-in person did not inform us about the buffet breakfast - so we ended up ordering ala-carte in the room. There were no room service menus available - and we had to call up reception twice to ask for their menu- slightly disappointed here.
There were road works going on in the area, so it's really tricky if you want to walk around the property a little - not something you expect if you are staying in a 5 star and paying 5 star rates- right? The beach closer to the hotel was really quite - so we assume all the fun happens in the South Beach area only.
To summarise, I would recommend this hotel to business travellers who have work close to 27th avenue only. For the party lovers - go to South Beach !! Also please don't pay for "Bay view " rooms - they are not worth additional money as there is hardly any view!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed December 26, 2011

Great service as always, smallish hotel with boutique feel. 5 min walk to Coco Walk - nice outdoor seating area and nice gym. They love dousing the lobby and main floor with rose "something" - great scent but you can only take it so much

• Stayed December 2011