“What a disappointing restaurant”

Joey's Italian Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Joey's Italian Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #215 of 4,162 Restaurants in Miami
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Wynwood - Edgewater
Cross street: 25th Street
Description: Joey"s is a casually elegant modern Italian cafe in the center of the Wynwood Arts District in Miami. The main dining room, with its concrete floor, glass mosaic mural and marble tables makes Joey's comfortable enough for a relaxed supper and elegant enough for a pre- or post-evening at the nearby Performing Arts Center. Joey's serves Wynwood's burgeoning arts community with a fine-tuned menu of healthy, classic dishes from Venice and other culturally rich Italian regions. The affordable, chic restaurant is owned by Joey Goldman, a partner in Goldman Properties, which rejuvenates urban areas and transforms them into thriving global destinations.
coconut grove
“What a disappointing restaurant”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2014

This used to be a noisy but good restaurant. The food and service were above average. Now they have become a poor excuse for a tired out awful spot in a cool corner. The food is below average. Our tuna and bean salad was a can of dark fishy tuna on a bed of canned beans with a few green wilted leaves. No dressing. We asked for dressing and they looked at us like we were strange. We got a thimble full and returned the entire salad. Nobody asked us whether something was wrong. Pizzas were awful, soggy, almost no cheese, greasy. YUCK.

• Visited May 2014

Miami Beach, Florida
“A Sunday oasis!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014

Wynwood is a great place to sightsee but unfortunately has little to no shade so finding this oasis of cool inside and outside dining was a delight. Helpful and welcoming staff, a table surrounded by high hedging giving the outside space an intimate feel. A rocking cocktail menu, good wine and a lovely salad. Other diners pizza and linguini looked magnificent and if l had not been solo l would have certainly tried. Next time for sure!! Plenty of Italian people always a good sign! Recommend especially on a Sunday when little is open.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Paula790
Fort Lauderdale
“Cool spot, but not much else!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014

Oh, how I love Wnywood! The art, the hipsters, the hidden gems! Which translate to, not the friendliest service but a very cool looking restaurant while dining in Wynwood.

Boasting to have the best pizza in Miami, Joey's was a definite to check out. The Diavola crust was crispy, and it was pretty good, but self-proclaiming yourself as the best sets yourself up to scrutiny and for that I wasn't very impressed.

At the servers recommendation, I decided to try their one of their special dishes which was a combination of two pastas. I found the pasta to be way more impressive than the pizza was. It was the best of two dishes rolled into one amazing meal.

Finishing off I had a Pear Tart for dessert. I don't even like pears and I found it to be pretty good.

The gelato was decent but I would come here for that. The Pistachio gelato was flavored rather than being made with actual pistachios.

Don't think I didn't leave without a cocktail. I ordered a Juanito (Vodka, Malibu Rum, Mango Pure Cranberry Juice topped with Chambord) and while it was refreshing, it tasted almost virgin.

I would definitely go back to Joey's for that pasta but not much else!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank chewclue
Miami, Florida, USA
“Needs Improvement but could be really great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2014

Really nice atmosphere and the outdoor eating area and service was great BUT food needs work or else the place is doomed:

Had the Joeys Pizza, ok but definitely inferior to Lucalis, Buffalo de Mozzarela, Harrys. and even Piola. Crust was like cardboard. Would not order it again. Send your chef over to Lucali's let him watch and taste quality thin crust pizza, it may change your business! Thengo over to Buffala's and see what they do. Dent want to b mean but Your pizza taste like Jenos frozen compared to theirs.

Parpadelle pasta baked w meat and cheese , not acceptable , Go buy Stouffers frozen meat and Cheese lasagna at Publix, defrost in microwave and it is this dish. No kidding. Pasta was overdone to mush, and served in a creole dish with soupy these and nondescript meat sauce, come on fella?

Salmon w lentils was good and tasty and kudos to the chef.

Pear tart desert was nice and not to sweet , served w vanilla gelato,, very nice.

Management , you need a new pizza chef and figure out that pasta dish. If you want went you go to Piola try their papardelle al al ragu , you will taste the difference. Time to fix things in the kitchen!

• Visited March 2014
Provincetown, Massachusetts
“Worst service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

My last review of this place was great. This was a total different experience.

We had a reservation and got the worst table in the place. All the way in the back parking lot next to the bus boy station. All dinner long dishes being thrown into tubs.

Waitress had so many tables couldn't keep up. People across the way never got their French onion soup. We waited 28 minutes between our salad and our entrees. I timed it as our salad came out in one second. She ordered from table to kitchen never looked up. She offered my pasta to come with linguini rather then spaghetti I said sure. Came out with spaghetti. If you can't promise something don't offer it. My two dinner friends risotto came out cold. She said it would take 20 minutes for new we said forget it.
I guess all they hire is order takers as she was not a waitress who deserved any $$ what so ever. There where food runners and she pointed out to us and the other table that she ordered what we said but no explanation as to what happened. Maybe no one can read now a days.

Where was managers and for that matter even owner to help out?

Sad excuse for a restaurant.

To bad as I won't be back and will never suggest this place again.

1 Thank M B

Been to Joey's Italian Cafe? Share your experiences!