“Flight to Bimini”

Tropic Ocean Airways
Ranked #48 of 216 Outdoor Activities in Miami
More attraction details
Owner description: Tropic Ocean Airways, makes travel a breeze. Safe, reliable, first class service. Skip traditional airport hassles and fly in style on our scheduled (per-seat flights) or charter a brand new Cessna Wheeled Caravan or Seaplane! Service throughout Florida, the Bahamas, and beyond. Take advantage of our exciting One Hour Seaplane Experience Tour with water landing from Miami Seaplane Base!
Reviewed February 4, 2014

I flew Tropic Ocean Airways from its Watson Island location in Miami to Bimini Island. It was a wonderful experience. I couldn't ask for a more friendly and professional crew. I was in good hands with James, our pilot who is a former marine! Our flight to Bimini lasted 25 minutes and was very scenic. Flying on a seaplane was a new experience for me which was quite memorable taking off from Biscayne Bay right aside a line up of giant cruise ships and landing right at our resort! Since the plane flies at low altitude you have stunning views of the Bahamas and its waters. Tropic Ocean can arrange island hops and will customize trips for divers, fisherman etc and are pet friendly! So bring fido along!

3  Thank eyewonit
There are newer reviews for Tropic Ocean Airways

Reviewed September 21, 2013

I'll start out with saying that I am a military aviator with 16 years of experience and over 2500 hours of personal flying time. My wife and I chose Tropic Ocean Airways because the owner and lead pilot are both military trained aviation professionals, the owner a Top Gun graduate. After reading that on their website their planning, safety, and execution was a known quantity to me and talking with them prior to our flight confirmed it.

We met Rob, the owner, at their Fort Lauderdale departure location. He was prompt and greeted us with a huge smile and courteous introductions, then assisted with our luggage. The flight to Bimini was a great experience for my wife who had never traveled in a seaplane previously. It's a beautiful aircraft - impeccably maintained and the flight was very scenic. The aircraft's "high-wing" configuration means the windows are below the wings so you get a fabulous view which was perfect for photos.

We enjoyed a fantastic weekend at the Big Game Club on Bimini and even had the opportunity to chat with Rob and his partner briefly at the resort. The return trip was quick and easy, especially the customs portion which we were guided through. After the flight I asked my wife how she felt about flying with an airline that was smaller than the major corporate airlines we typically use. She said she felt much more comfortable because she was able to meet the pilots and she saw how attentive they were. She thought it was the best commercial flight experience she's had because it was so quick and easy to get through the airport and customs and allowed us that much more time to enjoy the island.

These guys have a fantastic operation and we look forward to our next flight!!

3  Thank Planner1775
Reviewed April 29, 2013

My wife and I flew Tropic Ocean Airways from FLL to Bimini for our 5 year anniversary weekend in Feb 2013 and had an amazing experience all around. From the top level customer service of booking the flight, to the exciting flight over to Bimini highlighted by the water landing, to the friendliness and accommodation of the Bimini locals we met, we just had a blast. Getting away together is nice enough, but when you get to transport in a seaplane it makes it that much better. I highly recommend Rob, Nick, and the rest of the crew at Tropic Ocean Airways to take you wherever you need to go! We'll most certainly be back...

1  Thank John V
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I had never been in a seaplane before and a bit nervous on our trip from Miami to Bimini. Nick's personality and expertise made me at ease. Taking off from the Miami Seaplane Base was exciting just a few hundred yards from large ocean liners. The blues and greens of the ocean were superb and the overall experience a real highlight of my extensive travel experiences. I can hardly wait to fly with Nick again in April! Thanks Nick!!!!!!!!!!!!

1  Thank Blackhills57702
Reviewed March 9, 2013

My girlfriend and I flew Tropic Ocean from Ft. Lauderdale to Bimini, Bahamas on Feb 22-25, 2013. Nick, our pilot was a former Army helicopter pilot and sea plane instructor that was kind, professional and definitely inspired confidence. It was a quick 30 minute flight with a plush landing right in front of the Big Game resort that we stayed at. We got to fly over the resort and get a perspective of the entire island, then land right in front and dock right at it. It was a true VIP experience that made us feel like we were on Fantasy Island. The cost was surprisingly fair and definitely not nearly as exclusive as the experience. It was far better and made infinitely more sense than taking our friends' boat across the rough winter seas from Ft Lauderdale which would've been a 5 hour journey at best. Truly can't wait to fly with them again and my girlfriend and I are already talking about taking them to Key West sometime soon instead of making that 4-5 hr drive. Love the service and thanks for making it economical!!

1  Thank rpcaru