All reviewsjw marriottvirtual bowlingbang and olufsenfloor to ceiling windowscorner suitehigh tech gadgetsboutique hotelgolf simulatorelectric drapespersonal conciergejacuzzi tubthe main hotelcoffee podsdual sinkscontemporary designbasketball courtroom service
Reviewed August 3, 2012 via mobile

Great hotel. We were greeted in the lobby and escorted to check-in. Staff was friendly, however, we were not offered a welcome cocktail. Maybe you have to ask? We were shown to our room and given a tour. Very nice room with an amazing view of Miami! We were on our Anniversiry trip and I had mentioned this to the staff in the welcome email the week before. I assumed we would get an upgrade as most had in the past but we didn't. I assumed the suits were occupied. We visited the pool which was very nice with comfortable beds! Our room had an issue with the automatic curtains not closing so maintaince had to come work on them which took over an hour. Again I expected someone to offer to give us another room...nothing! We went to the bar for drinks. Bartender was super friendly and the manager stopped in for a visit. He made mention to show us a suite that was NOT OCCUPIED and made mention they were very slow that particular day and we were one of few guests!! I was very put off by this comment. We headed out for dinner and asked for turndown service, which did not get done. All in all it was a disappointing visit to an amazingly beautiful hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Hope L
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Great place for a romantic getaway. Very nice high-tec room. The bathroom is ample with a shower and a tub. You will have an Ipad to check your account, order room service and more.
The breakfast is really the only disappointing service of this hotel.
One other thing that bothers a little is the valet parking when an event is going on at the hotel as you´ll have to wait 15min or more to get your vehicle.

Room Tip: Ask for corner rooms which has espectacular views
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 9, 2012

My partner and I stayed at this awesome hotel. I'm a Marriott Platinum Member and stay at many hotels throughout the country. In the past we have stayed at many Marriott resorts and JW Marriott properties. The Hotel Beaux Arts is a step above the JW Marriott, which we love. What makes the Hotel Beaux Arts special is that there are only 44 rooms set aside on the top floors of the JW Marquis Marriott. With a smaller number of rooms, they are able to give very personal and detailed attention to each guest. You notice the special attention upon check-in where you are checked in at a desk and given a seat. Once checked in you are then offered a complimentary drink. We were upgraded to a suite with City and partial Bay views. The suite #3945 was the most amazing location I have ever stayed at. The floor to ceiling windows, electronic gadgets, beautiful bathroom, etc.---I could go on for hours. When we checked out, we were offered bottled water and snacks for the road. We were heading to Orlando for a wedding and were planning to return to Miami in 2 days to stay on South Beach. We were so impressed with this hotel; we cancelled our plans to stay in South Beach and instead returned to the Hotel Beaux Arts. We have to give big thanks to Carlos, James and Ethan for making our stay extra special. The Hotel Beaux Arts is now our first choice when visiting Miami.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chicago-60653
Reviewed July 4, 2012

I stayed in the Beaux Arts for a couple of weeks on business, and although it wasn't home, it wasn't far from being the next best thing. The beds are so comfortable with terrific linens, a nice closet area, bar, and cozy seating in the room. The bathroom was very modern with all the conveniences. The turn down service was very nice with different chocolates or cookies every night and bottled water, and the curtains drawn. Each room comes with its own ipad for surfing the web or for navigating the hotel (valet, spa, room service etc).
One of the perks of the Upper floors is the Atelier. It's a comfortable bar area as well as a breakfast room. The seating is really nice with flat screen tvs and the breakfast is terrific. The best part is the service. All of the staff is extremely helpful and willing to do whatever you need.
The rooms are exceptionally quiet.
I had dinner almost every night in the Metropolitan Cafe. The salads were really good but some nights the service was sooooooo slow.
My only criticisms are the somewhat slow/busy elevators at various times of the day, and that you have to valet the car which when things are busy can be a bit annoying. I never had a chance to use the pool but it wasn't the most inviting. The virtual bowling looked like it would be fun though.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are the best.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank SylLovesToTravel
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Flying in from Spain with mucho luggage, we took a cab to this hotel. The driver didn't know Beaux Arts and asked for the address, which I didn't have, but soon he figured out that I was referring to the Marriott downtown. When we arrived, the two attendants on hand were busy,and there was no greeter, which is not what I expect at a hotel of this quality, so disappointment was beginning to set in. However, once we stepped inside the hotel, there was a man there to greet us by name and immediately take us up to the Beaux Arts reception. From that time forward everything was wonderful, much as other reviewers have described. We were especially impressed with the sinks and the faucets which showed the temperature of the water by lighting it red to blue as it goes from hot to cold. You will just have to see it to understand how neat it is!

There were a couple of areas where this hotel did not meet expectation. A light bulb had burned out in the guest bathroom, making it very difficult to see, and more important, the room service staff failed to pick up the dirty dishes after an evening meal, although we had called and asked them to do so, leaving them for us to view when we awoke the next morning.

Everything considered, however, this hotel is superior to the Ritz Carlton South Beach and to it's sister hotel, Barcelona Arts, in Spain.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple