All reviewsjw marriottvirtual bowlingbang and olufsenfloor to ceiling windowscorner suitehigh tech gadgetsboutique hotelgolf simulatorelectric drapespersonal conciergejacuzzi tubthe main hotelcoffee podsdual sinkscontemporary designbasketball courtroom service
Reviewed July 4, 2012

I stayed in the Beaux Arts for a couple of weeks on business, and although it wasn't home, it wasn't far from being the next best thing. The beds are so comfortable with terrific linens, a nice closet area, bar, and cozy seating in the room. The bathroom was very modern with all the conveniences. The turn down service was very nice with different chocolates or cookies every night and bottled water, and the curtains drawn. Each room comes with its own ipad for surfing the web or for navigating the hotel (valet, spa, room service etc).
One of the perks of the Upper floors is the Atelier. It's a comfortable bar area as well as a breakfast room. The seating is really nice with flat screen tvs and the breakfast is terrific. The best part is the service. All of the staff is extremely helpful and willing to do whatever you need.
The rooms are exceptionally quiet.
I had dinner almost every night in the Metropolitan Cafe. The salads were really good but some nights the service was sooooooo slow.
My only criticisms are the somewhat slow/busy elevators at various times of the day, and that you have to valet the car which when things are busy can be a bit annoying. I never had a chance to use the pool but it wasn't the most inviting. The virtual bowling looked like it would be fun though.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are the best.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank SylLovesToTravel
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Flying in from Spain with mucho luggage, we took a cab to this hotel. The driver didn't know Beaux Arts and asked for the address, which I didn't have, but soon he figured out that I was referring to the Marriott downtown. When we arrived, the two attendants on hand were busy,and there was no greeter, which is not what I expect at a hotel of this quality, so disappointment was beginning to set in. However, once we stepped inside the hotel, there was a man there to greet us by name and immediately take us up to the Beaux Arts reception. From that time forward everything was wonderful, much as other reviewers have described. We were especially impressed with the sinks and the faucets which showed the temperature of the water by lighting it red to blue as it goes from hot to cold. You will just have to see it to understand how neat it is!

There were a couple of areas where this hotel did not meet expectation. A light bulb had burned out in the guest bathroom, making it very difficult to see, and more important, the room service staff failed to pick up the dirty dishes after an evening meal, although we had called and asked them to do so, leaving them for us to view when we awoke the next morning.

Everything considered, however, this hotel is superior to the Ritz Carlton South Beach and to it's sister hotel, Barcelona Arts, in Spain.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank chimneyflash
Reviewed June 1, 2012

Thank you, to all the staff who had helped make our first trip to Miami such a lovely experience. Your hospitality and level of professionalism was really well above our expectation. I wish all hotels that we go to can take a leaf out of your book as a standard.

We stayed here 2 weeks ago, on an extended weekend get-away trip. Upon confirmation of booking, we were asked to see if we would would like to book services like arranging travel or spa or any customised services, this was great as they really followed through our requests. From the moment we stopped our car in front of the hotel entrance, to be led into the concierge desk for check-in, we knew we were in a special place. Special, exclusive place, away from the crowds. At the top of the hotel tower. Welcome champagne / prosecco on arrival, follow by smooth check-in process, followed by a short tour of the in-room facilities. Loved the Brazilian cherry wood floor, and the layout of the room in general. Loved the illy coffee maker with lots of coffee pods to choose from, plus the tea selection. It is spacious, with ocean view both sides of the corner room! The whole place is very well maintained, feels "new", you can look at all the small details and they are of quality. The staff here are genuinely happy to help you and attend to your needs and every question, they are not rushed to run off to another guest and they are cheerful - professional, courteous, nothing is too small to assist.

We had breakfast every morning, on the concierge lounge. It is adequate. I say adequate meaning there are no obvious frills that make it a destination must-do thing, but it's a positive thing because they got it right. They serve you breakfast using Villeroy & Bosch ceramic serve ware and silverware, this is already miles better than the crappy stuff you get elsewhere. Yes the selection is small, but this is because there are a lot less folks in this 40-room boutique hotel. Excessive wastage is such a bad thing - why expect a massive buffet spread in resort hotels when you really wanted the sufficient amount to feed the small number of guests? Croissants, Danish pastries, fruit plates, muesli, yoghurt, cheese plate, smoked salmon, scrambled eggs, eggs benedict, breakfast sausage or bacon, toast, mimosa, fresh juice, coffee / tea selection, plus some cereal bar and cookies which they bring to your table. As if that wasn't enough already - you can't eat all that. All this is included with your stay. If you want to be picky then please go elsewhere and pay for breakfast that you think you will like.

Readers, do not be put off by all the less-than-happy comments regarding the rooms' lack of functional design, common sense usage... you are talking about a place that is advertised as a high-tech boutique hotel. The B&O TV, sound system, phones and alarm clock are top of the range stuff, so no, it will not work the same way as the one you have at home, or the usual JW Marriott set up. It's better, actually. There are electrical outlets at the desks and by the sofa so workaholics can still be wired up - it's 4 steps away. The benefits far outweigh the perceived "unfriendliness" of the equipment. I was worried when I read about the bathroom sinks - fear not! Yes it splashes, but it's not "that" bad. This is a design hotel, if you want your normal everyday bland white ceramic bowl, don't come here. Look beyond this and relax and enjoy in your whirlpool bubble bath, wonderful wonderful rain shower that has a wider-than-usual shower head, spacious bathroom with excellent amenities. I really liked the 2-way cupboard that opens when you are inside the bathroom as well as from the main closet area, so your towels / clothes can be accessed from both sides without the need to walk out of the bathroom to get to them, great touch. Did I mention they stock up the bathroom with Molton Brown toiletries? I'm in heaven.

The in-room dining scored slightly less compared with all the high marks of other services though. There was a great selection and the price was reasonable for what you get, it arrived within 40mins but there was a slight confusion / mix-up on what was delivered. But it was not a big issue at all.

Spa at rikrak was delightful. Spa package is well worth it. Hotel pool is shared with JW Marriott, nothing special, a small pool with views of the ocean and other hotel buildings, with plenty of lounge chairs and sun loungers and a jacuzzi.

Oh, do go back to the bar in the concierge lounge. Your first cocktail is complimentary! Plus some nibbles (tuna tartare was ours). The friendly bar staff is only too happy to fix you up with any drinks besides their cocktail of the evening, it's a full bar selection.

The bed is very comfortable, but I think the pillow / mattress combination wasn't to my personal preference so I didn't sleep as well as in, say, W hotel beds or JW Marriott hotels. This is difficult to get right though; everyone has different preferences and such. The only thing I have to negatively comment is the sound of the A/C, it was a bit loud and occasionally bothered me during the night, despite not being a light sleeper I thought I'd usually sleep through it. Black-out curtains are great, the one-touch controls next to the bed was great, the overall storage space in the room is also great.

Tips to enhance your stay, based on our own experience & experiments:
- Concierge staff are excellent - ask them for recommendation and expert advice.
- Arrange to retrieve your valet-parked car using your in-room iPad a few minutes before you think you will be leaving the hotel, instead of giving your physical ticket to the staff at the entrance at the entrance. The difference is between having your car parked at the entrance, waiting for you and having to wait by the lobby area for 15mins. There isn't too many seating space so quite often people are waiting around.
- The coffee bar on the 2nd floor is closed on weekends in the main JW Marriott building. Much better off if you head back to 39th floor lounge haven.
- If you are a foodie, DB bistro moderne is the closest-best place to go for meals. Everything was excellent and on par with expectation of Daniel Boulud restaurants. Then it's Zuma across the road at EPIC (ground floor, next to lobby; excellent bar, try the omakase menu, must reserve for table if you want it badly, it's worth it!).
- Always ask for turn-down service, if you wished. We only managed to benefit from it, on our last night, which I am regretting because it was a lovely arrangement of ice buckets, a small Fiji bottled water, nice chocolate biscuits, fluffy slippers next to the bed and a Molton Brown room spray.

I can't wait to come back again.

Room Tip: Corner room is an excellent choice.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank purplefairycake
Reviewed May 1, 2012

We stayed at the hotel the night before a cruise. The room is very high tech and they provide an orientation of all of the in room amenities during the check in process. We received a free welcome cocktail which was excellent. The breakfast was also very tasty. Mostly fruit and Danish, juices and granola. The staff made us feel special during our visit. The rooms are very modern and may not appeal to someone who is not technology savvy. The Molton Brown toiletries were excellent. Our room was on the 40th floor with both city and ocean views. The shared amenities of the JW Marriott are also a big plus.

Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank ScottyFantastic
Reviewed April 22, 2012

Recently I went to Miami to attend to UMF, and I couldn't decide between Four Seasons, Mandarin or Tempo (which is just in front Beaux Arts). I decided to try something new this time and I heard about this place. When I first got there I had to call somebody to get me up, since they share elevators with Marriott but are completely different things. Once you get to their lobby on the 39th floor, the checkout process is really quick. Then they take you to your suite and show you all the amenities. I had a suite with a separate living room and guest restroom. It had a fully stocked mini bar and a place to make your own cocktails. It had two B&O TVs and one TV in the bathroom mirror. Free internet connection and also an iPad, from which you could make room service orders, get your car and even ask for wake up calls and turndown service. They also give you breakfast and other services at floor 39. Beds are really comfortable and you don't even have to shut the curtains, they are all wireless.
It is nice to have a hotel inside a hotel, but sharing elevators can be disturbing since Marriott is always crowded. Also room service is kind of slow and I had to ask 4 times to change a Margarita, it seems like very difficult to put some salt in the rim (?).
Anyhow, this place was so awesome that my friends moved over to this hotel and they loved it too.

Room Tip: Ask for a suite, you won't regret it. All rooms have only one king bed
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends