All reviews jw marriott virtual bowling bang and olufsen floor to ceiling windows corner suite high tech gadgets boutique hotel golf simulator electric drapes personal concierge jacuzzi tub the main hotel coffee pods dual sinks contemporary design basketball court room service
Reviewed April 17, 2012

This small boutique hotel is within the JW Marriott Marquis and the décor is out of a magazine and excellent, unfortunately the room lacks common sense functionality for most travelers. Service was excellent from the greeters in the lobby to check-in and the lounge. All rooms within the hotel have access to their concierge lounge that serves breakfast, soda/water all day and appetizers in the evening/ While this benefit is nice for most, any Marriott Rewards Gold or above have lounge access at most hotels and this lounge didn’t stand out to me – the lounge in the JW a few floors down seemed better to me. Have to say we stayed on points and was upgraded to a corner suite that had amazing views on 2 sides of the building. The room itself and the high tech gadgets (Bang & Olufsen, IPad, automatic drapes, door room cameras) were excellent. The reason I’m rating Very Good vs excellent is for the lack of common sense functionality of the room. For example no outlets next to the bed – who doesn’t plug in their phone now a days next to bed to charge? Lack of outlets around the desk and storage unit behind. The sinks in the bathroom look cool but are horrible to use they splash everywhere. No trash barrel in guest bathroom. Lighting switches are in horrible positions in the room/suite and don’t adjust well. You can have nice design esthetics and functionality you just need to think about it and have some common sense!

This would be a great choice for someone before or after a cruise as downtown close to the port and nice walks along the water. All in all we had a great stay just with some common sense functionality was considered in the rooms.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 15, 2012

I had a four night trip planned for Miami and couldn't decide between this hotel and the "W" at South Beach, so I spent two nights in each. The service level at Hotel Beaux Arts was top notch. It's a small hotel, only 40+ rooms, so it was very personal. I felt like I was their only guest and I might have been (I only saw one other guest in the elevator and none in their lobby/lounge area.) The one bedroom suite was amazing, from the design/decor to the very high end electronics. The concierge spent 15 minutes on a tour/orientation, which was tiring at the time, but necessary. Everything seemed to be so complicated that I feared I would not be able to use anything, but luckily it only took a couple of tries to turn on the water in the sinks, to make coffee, use the iPad for room service and open/close the curtains. I never notice the difference in the quality of TV's; I did here! B+O. Amazing. Lots of gadgets that I didn't use, like the alarm clock. The views from the 38th floor were great; this is a downtown hotel, so lots of other buildings and hotels and a few glimpses of the bay/bridges/ocean/ships. My only complaints; no openable windows or balcony, but I knew this ahead of time and the room service menu is VERY limited. I really enjoyed my stay here and would stay here again.

Tulemar Dave

Room Tip: I had a one bedroom corner suite on the 38th floor and it was excellent.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 8, 2012

My review is based on having stayed at the regular part of this hotel, JW Marriott Grand Marquis last summer and it being one of the best hotel experiences of my life. So I figured, gosh if the JWMGM was so great, well the Beaux Arts must be really something else, particulary given its rates most nights are $100-$150 more for a similar room type!

Bottom Line is Beaux Arts only provides a more "high tech" room experience like the IPADs and other toys and a complimentary breakfast that at best is mediocre. If one fairly assumes Beaux Arts is just the club floor of the JWMGM, well then it poorly delivers and pails in comparison to the club floor experience at a Ritz Carlton. Again, the breakfast is nothing better than an old Courtyard by Marriott. In the evening, one night was just a piece of bruschetta with some fruit and the other evening of my two night stay the nights snack was raw tuna and nothing more.

My advice, stay with regular JW Marriott Grand Marquis. Yes you will have to buy breakfast but that which you are paying for is far better than the "included breakfast" at Beaux Arts and still come out $100 or more ahead on your nightly expenditure.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Steelmuscle
Reviewed March 28, 2012

We stayed at the Beaux Arts for 10 days over xmas and new year. We were a bit worried when the taxi driver could not find it and we were looking in some pretty dodgy areas for the darn place, eventually found it. The locals only know the JW Marriott location and have no idea that the most fantastic hotel is encapsulated inside. Wonderful experience from start to end. We were greeted by name when we finally arrived and ushered up to the 38th floor for reception - where you sit and chat and nothing is a problem - view is amazing, the room we had contained every possible mod con! The turn down service was also great - really yummy treat things every night. Breakfast every morning in the club dining room was good but the highlight was the v helpful staff - made me a low-fat capaccino every morning and responded to questions about the local area with lots of detail, including at times going and printing off maps for us to use. We found it a little bit far from the beach, but we caught the bus ($2) and went there with no problems and got to experience a bit of local flavor. Would recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms at the Beaux Arts Hotel all rooms are located on the 38-40th floor of the JW Marriott Hotel
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 26, 2012

This hotel by far was one of the most charming and beautiful places that I have ever stayed in (and I have stayed in lots of wonderful hotels). We had a little problem getting to the check-in desk which I believe was on the 28th fl. In order to get to your desired floor, you must ride the elevator which is controlled by a key card. We were told to go up and someone would meet us at check-in, unfortunately we were stuck riding the elevator up and down. Finally, a young woman by the name of Claudia rescued us and escorted us to check-in. The front desk person Ryan was very courteous and professional and offerd us champagne while we waited to be shown to our room. For the inconvience of riding up and down on the elevaor we were upgraded to a suite. I was inspired and awed by the room (as stated by the website). The view and decor was awesome!! I could not believe that the room looked exactely like the pictures from the website. Ryan was very accommdating with helping us to get into club Mynt. I would recommend this hotel to anyone without any reservations.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple