“Top-notch tour!”

Airboat In Everglades
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Explore the everglades on a small airboat to see the wonders & beauty that it offers. Airboat in everglades, miami airboat rides, miami airboat tours, miami beach attractions, are here. Ride and Slide threw sawgrass, mangroves, apple pond trees and less than 6 inches of water. Located in Northern America, the Everglades of Florida is home to some of the world's most diverse animals and vegetation. The wetlands boast of shallow water bodies, great habitat and awesome scenery that helps you create memories. Having a tropical climate further aids the tourists in their endeavors. with the extent of water that is not easily navigable, a trip down the river of grass is quite impossible without the help of local guides and machines. We operate rain or shine Everglades operating locations may vary due to weather and animal sightings.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Let me begin by saying that I grew up in Florida and have seen plenty of gators; additionally, I've been on an airboat tour before (St. John's river in Central FL). Despite this, I LOVED this tour! We took the 1 hour semi-private tour and had a blast. Communication prior to the tour was top-notch, and I liked that this company uses Google Calendar. We were on the 11am tour on a clear but breezy February morning. We definitely needed our sweatshirts. Steve was our guide; he was thorough, friendly, and an excellent driver. We were able to get close to 2 gators and also saw 3 others in the wild (but who were very shy). We also saw a variety of birds including the colorful "swamp chicken." Steve received a lot of questions and he knew all the answers. The hour went by quickly, but I think it was the perfect amount of time for my 6 year old. I highly recommend this tour for tourists and residents alike.

1  Thank stl_locavore
Write a ReviewReviews (1,857)
All reviews
"his knowledge"
in 22 reviews
"air boat"
in 32 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 15 reviews
"highlight of our trip"
in 18 reviews
"boat ride"
in 35 reviews

Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

Myself and my wife took this in as part of our honeymoon on 21/02 and had a private tour with Captain Jeff. Really great to have the two hours as I dont think the 1 hour would have been long enough.

Zipping through the grass on Jeffs boat was the highlight, just so relaxing and the guy clearly knows his stuff as well as being a very cool dude! Only disappointment was not seeing many gators. In the two hours we saw 3 young baby ones and one medium sized gator and that was it. Not Jeffs fault as if they aren't there then they arent there.

Would definitely recommend it, even just for flying through the Everglades on an airboat. Great fun.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

Stayed in Key Largo, drove for about an hour on Sunday morning,Feb 16th got to the meeting place(a Shell station) half an hour early. Met up with two drivers who led us on a 5 min. ride to Airboats dock. Our Pilot was Ozzie. Ozzie loves the Everglades and it's animals, and it shows. Met acouple of his friends,2 Alligators and 3 birds that came when he called them.Wild animals but they recognized his voice.Took the 2 houir personal tour and the time literally flew by, just like the airboat did.Quite cold in the morning at 9:00 am put a thick jacket on and covered my ears and felt fine. Had a blast so did my wife. Would recommend this ride to anyone.Ozzie helped make the trip a memorable one. John Russell

Reviewed February 20, 2014

Excellent tour with Jeff. 2 hours went by very quickly, 18 alligators seen. Jeff was an excellent host and driver. I highly recommend the attraction and something you should not miss when in Miami.