“Must Do!!”

Airboat In Everglades
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Everglades Tour Explore the everglades on a small airboat to see the wonders & beauty that it offers. Airboat in everglades, miami airboat rides, miami airboat tours, miami beach attractions, are here. Ride and Slide threw sawgrass, mangroves, apple pond trees and less than 6 inches of water. Located in Northern America, the Everglades of Florida is home to some of the world's most diverse animals and vegetation. The wetlands boast of shallow water bodies, great habitat and awesome scenery that helps you create memories. Having a tropical climate further aids the tourists in their endeavors. with the extent of water that is not easily navigable, a trip down the river of grass is quite impossible without the help of local guides and machines.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase
Wuppertal, Germany
117 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Must Do!!”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

The airboat tour at Everglades are a must do! I did it while staying in Miami for a couple of days. For so many years I knew that famous name of "Everglades" that sounds so big and endless. In so many TV shows or movies you saw this boats and the people speeding through this area. SO I really had to do this at least once just for experiencing it. I must say, I don't regret any second. It is amazing and a feeling that you can't get anywhere else. Its extremely loud but it is so much fun and you see so large natural areas and with a bit luck so many animals. Yeah, I would go there again.

Visited July 2013

26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 99 helpful votes
“A Real Blast”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

The company provides and outstanding tour of the Everglades in the Miami area. The airboat is fun, speeding across the grassy waters. But the highlights are the wildlife seen up close. And several birds and a large alligator know the boat operator - almost his friends. They come right up to the boat. All together an excellent experience.

Visited January 2014
3 Thank PatioPete
caracas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Must see when in Florida”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

It is not a big operation. More so a very discretely held one. We made our reservation for a semi private one hour tour through their website one day in advance. A person called me right away making the confirmation.
We arrived 30 minutes before at the provided address. It was confusing because it is a gas station with no sign of the tour terminal. We were expecting something like a park entrance. That made us wary because we thought it would be a phoney thing.
Far from what it ended being. We were said to follow a truck to where the dock actually is, about a couple of miles from the gas satiation. The airboats all in great condition, the personnel very educated and showing thorough knowledge of their trade.
The captain of our boat, with a capacity for 8 passengers, named Chad, was super educational. A true native of the place. Showed us many very interesting details and facts about what the Everglades is. In one hour we learned and got to value the huge importance of this nature sanctuary hiding much more treasures than solely what we were going for: some thrill from the boat riding and find a few crocs.
Capt Chad gave us a 360 intensive view of the Everglades, it's botanics, geology, fauna, history and a few nice anecdotes.
Will recomend this ride without reserve.

Visited January 2014
2 Thank alscharff
Nashville, Tennessee
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Won't be sorry”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

This was my first time on an airboat tour in the Everglades. There are tons of tours to choose from and I chose this one because of its TripAdvisor reviews. I'm glad I did. The people are kind, the boats are nice, it is not overly commercialized, and we got to see lots of wildlife. Definitely glad I went out with them.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Rachael B
Indianapolis
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Great first time airboat/everglades experience”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We wanted to fit this tour in after getting off a cruise in Fort Lauderdale. I had originally booked the 10 am semi-private tour and a week before got concerned that we could not get off the boat and drive the 45 min to Miami by 10 am (I was right). They were very accomodating and moved us to the 2 PM semi private trip.

We met at a nearby gas station and followed a truck to the lauch spot. we were quickly instroduced to our guide Josh and on our way. Because there were 5 of us, we had the boat to ourselves. None of us had been on an airboat and that in itself was a fun experience. We saw some birds and Scarface the alligator. And Josh explained a bit about the everglades. The hour flew by and we were done...we could've easily gone for another hour or more. So, I would recommend that if you are wanting to see more wildlife and get deeper into the everglades you need to do one of the longer tours...an hour was nice, but seemed pretty short.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank 750kimc750

Been to Airboat In Everglades? Share your experiences!