“What a great experience!”

Airboat In Everglades
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Everglades Tour Explore the everglades on a small airboat to see the wonders & beauty that it offers. Airboat in everglades, miami airboat rides, miami airboat tours, miami beach attractions, are here. Ride and Slide threw sawgrass, mangroves, apple pond trees and less than 6 inches of water. Located in Northern America, the Everglades of Florida is home to some of the world's most diverse animals and vegetation. The wetlands boast of shallow water bodies, great habitat and awesome scenery that helps you create memories. Having a tropical climate further aids the tourists in their endeavors. with the extent of water that is not easily navigable, a trip down the river of grass is quite impossible without the help of local guides and machines.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What a great experience!”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I took a semi-private tour for my video project and it was great. First of all, I got amazing footages and second, I felt like I was on vacation for an hour. There were only 7 people on the boat. The captain that we had has been working at the Everglades for 50 years. He's about 70 years old now. I was amazed! He's very knowledgable and nice. Because he's worked at the Everglades for so long, some birds and alligators would follow after him (our boat). An hour long trip felt too short. I am certainly going to take a longer private tour next time :).

1 Thank jeesunikim

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“This is the tour to take!!!! Ask for Captain BOB!!!”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I took a private 1 and a half hour tour on a cloudy morning with my two adult children and one of their significant others. It was a lot colder than we though it would be, but I must say that Captain Bob warmed us up with his personality! His experience in the Everglades most of his life gives him the ability to share what's it's all about and in a very interesting interactive way! we made little stops to talk about the plant life, the birds flying around, as well as the ones crawling around in the bushes. We saw BIG alligators and really enjoyed experiencing the expanse and incredible atmosphere of Mother Nature's work in the famous Everglades. Oh, and I mentioned it was cold, well Captain Bob promptly took off his suede vest and put in on my shoulders in addition to offering handy warm, waterproof covers to put on our laps while we glided across the beautiful landscape! I speak for the four of us in saying a big THANK YOU to Captain Bob and the tour company! Also, I might mention that we were running 15-30 minutes late and there was no problem with that when I called, they made us feel relaxed and welcome to arrive whenever we got there SAFELY! :)

2 Thank buonviaggiocookie
Marietta, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A highlight of our trip!”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

My family of four took the 1.5 hour airboat trip over Thanksgiving weekend. We were so glad we did. Captain Willie was wonderful. He was very knowledgeable and pointed out wildlife native of the everglades. He was a delightful tour guide. It was so much fun to ride that close to the water and be so close to the alligators and wildlife. Dress warmly or in layers and take your camera. Great job Willie! Regards, the family from Atlanta.

1 Thank Katherine G
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Rob is THE MAN; Make sure he's your captain and you're set for some great entertainment.”
Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

I'm a Miami native, and this was the first time I went out into the Everglades on an airboat. I'd compare Rob's bravery to the late Steve Erwin (the crocodile hunter).

He gets you up close and personal with these alligators, and is very knowledgable about all the other wildlife.

Highly recommended.

Remember, it might get chilly if it isn't summer time so bring a jacket!

Boise, Idaho
64 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 103 helpful votes
“An Essential Part of Any Miami Visit”
Reviewed November 22, 2012

The Everglades of River of Grass is extraordinary and unique. To truly appreciate South Florida, a visitor must see this natural environment. Compared to other airboat excursions that are touristy and crowded, Captain Wayne and Captain Bill offer a private and very memorable experience. Just 30 minutes from downtown Miami we met Captain Bill and easily launched with William, our airboat captain, for a 2 hour excursion. William took us to special spots for bird viewing, gator viewing, and a brief walk into a hammock. We learned about special uses for plants adapted by the native tribe. Our two passengers under the age of 12 grinned the entire time, loved the speed and smoothness of the airboat, and mouthed adjectives like "awesome" "cool" and "so fun" -- Consider doing a sunset tour and see the Everglades in special light, as birds take flight and the sun disappears on the horizon. Great day.

1 Thank 5329970

Been to Airboat In Everglades? Share your experiences!