“Bueno. Bonito. Barato”

El Mago de las Fritas
Ranked #22 of 4,203 Restaurants in Miami
Cuisines: Caribbean, Cuban
Good for: Local cuisine
Description: An Icon of Miami simple food, the Cuban Frita is the Cuban interpretation of a hamburger. Casual Family friendly environment that wants to make you part of our family. Welcome Home !
Miami, Florida, United States
“Bueno. Bonito. Barato”
Reviewed June 14, 2012

If you've never had a frita, you NEED to stop here. This is the only place in all of Miami to get a real, honest to goodness, authentic frita ,and the customer service was excellent. No other compares!!!!

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Tatiana S

• Finnish first
  • Polish first
MIAMI, FL
“Too crowded”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

The food is very greasy here and men sneere at pretty women

Visited April 2012
1 Thank MIAMI_SPICEMiami_Fl
elmagodelasfritas, Guest Relations Manager at El Mago de las Fritas, responded to this review, May 24, 2014
I apologize for not seeing this post sooner to respond. Can you please provide additional information on your experience. I apologize on behalf of the clients staring at you, we are a family establishment however there are exceptions as you have experienced. Also could you please let me know what was ordered that you found greasy. We pride ourselves on being a fresh clean meat restaurant and certainly do not wish to serve greasy or sub-par products. Again, I apologize for the very delayed response however I did not want you to think you were overlooked.

Thank you for visiting and we do hope you give us another shot at your business,

Barry E. Hennessey
305-520-9605
Miami, Florida
“The cuban hamburger”
Reviewed May 15, 2012

I personally like more the cuban hamburger than mcdonals , it is cheap and has a very good tastes and they are cook in a grill by the owner
Awesome

• Visited May 2012
3 Thank Ariel80Miami_Florida
Miami, Florida
“Cuban empanadas”
Reviewed May 11, 2012

I like the Cuban empanadas. (Guava) They are big, like more than 10 inches wide. These empanadas are different to other from South America, the important part is the dough not the filling. They are crispy after they fried in oil .

Visited May 2012
3 Thank miamijhp
Ottawa, ON
“Uhhhh don't get the hype”
Reviewed April 8, 2012

I had read on the internet how amazing the Cuban burgers would be. Finally since we were in the area, I got some takeout of 2 fritas (no cheese) and 1 watermelon drink. The waitress was excellent and I saw El Mago standing at the back chatting.

First of all the watermelon drink came from a jug in the fridge.. so it was fake, not a fresh juice. but it was still refreshing on a hot day. Unfortunately we couldn't eat the burgers immediately (got takeout during a long car ride back to the hotel) so I we ate them by the time they were cooled off. I found the fries inside to be greasy. The burger was alright but it immediately gave me a bad MSG headache. Must be some spices on the meat.

So if you are going to try the fritas, eat them while they're still hot or you might be disappointed.

• Visited April 2012
elmagodelasfritas, Director of Sales at El Mago de las Fritas, responded to this review, May 24, 2014
I do hope you try us again and we do suggest eating in. Fritas are best when you eat them fresh off the griddle. Also the Melon juice is fresh and natural we blend in a blender and use water jugs for dispensing only. We do hope to see you again.
Thank you for the opportunity to serve you,

Barry Hennessey