“Combination City Tour and Everglades” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #98 of 219 Tours in Miami
California
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Combination City Tour and Everglades”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

The everglades part of the trip was fun, informative and well organized. The city tour with our guide Nelson was horrible. He was hard to understand and disorganized. Often gave wrong information and dates and made anti-semetic remarks including giving out wrong information about the Jews of Miami, the Jewish religion and opinions about intermarraige.

Visited February 2013
GrayLineMiami_USA, General Manager at Gray Line Miami Day Tours, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
‘ We are very sorry that you did not have a good time on our city tour. We are working hard every day to make this tour a fantastic experience for all of our customers and your review helps us and encourages improvement, We have had a recent change in the management team and customer satisfaction is our number one priority. If you would like to contact me directly then please email me at r.federici@graylienmiami.com. Once again we are truly sorry.’

Tyler, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Driver was trying to drop us off blocks/miles away from our hotel at end”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2012

Following the boat tour, the last part of the all-day tour, the driver that was to drive us back to our hotels and drop us off was trying to get us off the bus in groups several blocks or miles away from our hotel, even though the tour promises pickup and dropoff directly at your hotel. I told him I had no idea where we were or where my hotel was, and he pointed the way to walk towards some roof peak several blocks away. I said I get lost easily, I'm over 50, a woman on her own in Miami at dark. I refused to get off the bus. He said, fine, then you'll be dropped off at 10:30 (2 hours away). Not having my cell phone on me, I asked to use his phone to talk to the company, who he was talking to. He refused. Another woman with two young children, he tried to get her to get off and walk, and she got off the bus, then she figured out she was MILES from her hotel, that he had the wrong area and was able to jump back on the bus. It was insane. He was either lazy or had no sense of where our hotels were. The other guides/drivers with Gray Line through the day were excellent, but this man should not be working for a tourist company. Because most of the group were foreigners and didn't know better, he's getting away with his laziness of wanting to get home early, leaving tourists wandering around Miami in the dark trying to find their way back to their hotel. I haven't had trouble with Gray Line tours in any other city, so I suspect Miami needs a shakeup in the manager department to gain control over renegade employees like this man. I wish I had read the other reviews here first, and I would have skipped Gray Line in Miami altogether.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank Sue B
West Bloomfield, MI
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Save your time and your sanity”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2011

We took 2 day trips using the Go Miami card with Gray Line, Everglades and Key West.
The Everglades trip was late to leave Bayside Marketplace, made an hours worth of stops at other hotels, including South Beach (the wrong direction if you are headed from Miami to the Everglades) and then the A/C on the bus quit. We had to take a different bus back from the Everglades.
Two days later we took the Key West day trip. 4 hours to Key West and 3 1/2 hours back.
Nothing more to say.

Visited April 2011
2 Thank WBMiddleStraits
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Overpriced”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2011

The guides on this tour were nice guys for sure but it's way overpriced. I can be a decent way to get around but for what they charge it might be better just to get a taxi. They need to lower thier prices. Not a great value.

Visited February 2011