“Very good service and food”
Review of Catch Grill & Bar

Catch Grill & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Catch Grill & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #142 of 4,308 Restaurants in Miami
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 16th Street
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Our waiter was very attentive and helpful. My husband and i are both vegetarian and as there wasn't much choice on the menu, the waiter spoke to the kitchen to make us something different.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

The food here was very good. The view of the water was nice (we ate on the patio). We ate here two different nights, and the food and service were faultless. With that said, on our second night, there was a large group seated near us. They had either been on a cruise or were leaving on one the next day. They were very loud (due to the influence of what was apparently quite a bit of alcohol), and one was using profanity loudly enough that diners several tables away could clearly hear her. Her rude manners, which were no fault of the restaurant, made our meal less enjoyable. Fortunately, that party finished when we were about halfway through our meal, so we were able to finish eating in peace.

This is a great place to watch the sun set while enjoying a good meal. This restaurant is worth a visit for the marina view.

1  Thank KitKat34438
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Excellent food and service with great view of the bay. Waiters were friendly and prompt with our order. Great choices on the menu.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Was staying at the Marriott and stopped by for lunch before leaving for the airport.

Not a bad place. Nice location on the water with a pleasant lounge area and a bar with a few tables under some shade.

The food was okay. Fairly typical hotel restaurant food. Not bad but not great. Fish sandwich was greasy and somewhat lacking in flavor.

I thought that the food was a bit pricey for the quality.

Service was good. Friendly waitstaff.

This is a fine restaurant to eat at if you are staying at the Marriott and need a quick and convenient place to eat. Otherwise, not sure if it's worth it, although I can imagine someone having a birthday party in the outdoor space.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

For Mother's Day my mom wanted somewhere with a view, as I looked through what was still available on Open Table the marina view of this restaurant caught my eye. The location was easy to find and the valet was quick. Once inside we were asked if we wanted outdoor or indoor seating, we obviously went with outdoor. We chose our table and had it cleaned quickly (it was wet from the earlier rain) and we sat down for dinner. The waiter, Jaime, seemed attentive at first but disappeared after taking our order, the few times he went back outside I tried to get his attention to place any order for two salads but he never looked my way. The manager (at least I think she was) was AMAZING! She noticed that I kept trying to call my waiter and came over to help. The salads were on the house and they had used rotten limes in my mom's mojito so she brought out two free drinks that my mom loved - they even gave her a flower. GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!

THE plantain chips and pita bread with the mojo sauce were very good and warm. We had the croquettes for an appetizer which for $12 only 3 croquettes seemed a little unreasonable but they were very tasty and the sweet sauce under complimented them well. The caesar salad was good, nothing really noteworthy about this classic salad. I ordered the scallops which were big and cooked perfectly with the mushroom ravioli and addicting sauce. I almost wish there was more of it on the plate (I believe 4 scallops and 5 pieces of ravioli) but was happy nonetheless. My parents had the paella and they loved it, lots of fresh seafood and good flavors, here's a tip: order only one if you're not starving, the paella was huge!

The dessert took over 15 minutes to come out, and come to think of it most of the food took long to come out. The wait was not so bad at the beginning but when dessert took so long we became a little impatient. I was not a big fan of the chocolate cake with ice cream, weird flavor. We did hear the guava and coconut dessert is good, maybe next time.

Overall, good food, the manager deserves a 10 out of 10 for service, the waiter not so much.

1  Thank Claudia C

Been to Catch Grill & Bar? Share your experiences!