“Great place for wine, food, and people-watching”
Review of Lulu

Lulu
Reserve with OpenTable
Lulu is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 4,268 Restaurants in Miami
Cuisines: Contemporary, Fusion
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Coconut Grove
Cross street: Main Highway
Description: Lulu in the Grove is a funky neighborhood joint with a sophisticated vibe featuring globally influenced seasonal cuisine and infused drinks. Neighborfood.Lulu is a vision of what an outdoor sidewalk restaurant should be, where Commodore meets Main Highway in the center of Coconut Grove. Adored by locals and out-of-towners, Lulu offers uniquely inspired dishes from local sources. Try a few of our popular tapas like bacon-wrapped roasted dates and goat cheese croquettes. Savor our flavorful entrees ranging from truffle macaroni and cheese, jambalaya bow tie pasta, and chimichurri churrasco. Each dish is prepared especially for you delivered with a smile.Patio and indoor diningFull service barFree Wi-FiWeekend brunchDog-friendlyDaily food and drink specialsHappy hour: Monday-Friday, 4-7pmMonday - Caipirinha night: $4 glass/$24 pitchers. Tuesday - Free wine bottle corkage. Wednesday - Half-priced scotch Thursday - Ladies night: free sangria from 4-7pm
Reviewed August 17, 2014

My friends and I had no problem getting an outside table on a warm Sunday evening. Great ambience. Our server, Ashley, was very efficient, but respectful of our privacy. We all decided to just have appetizers and share. I ordered the dates stuffed with sausage and wrapped in bacon. I had a similar appetizer at Lulu's a couple years ago and liked that recipe better-though this one was interesting. The hummus with pita bread was pretty good. The fried green tomatoes were not the most flavorful, but the sauce was very good. The skirt steak with a side of tomato was a sure winner-absolutely perfect! Ditto for the Brussels sprouts with mandarin oranges-unusual combination with excellent balance of flavors. We will dine here again.

There are newer reviews for Lulu

Reviewed August 9, 2014

Wanted to sit outdoors, but the construction combined with the heat made us venture indoors. Waitress was extremely pleasant & sweet. Had the spinach artichoke dip to start. Creamy & tasty. Chips were a tad oily & not cooked one hundred percent. However, my meal of salmon encrusted with some light crumbled breadcrumbs was great, along with the delicious sweet light dipping sauce. Only place that asked me how I'd like my salmon cooked...Side of bok choy was buttered enough to make it tasty, but ate it all up. Solid meal in the Grove.

1  Thank Peter M
Reviewed August 7, 2014

Very cosy restaurant with nice outside seating. Food is excellent and the beer list was surprisingly impressive, with some nice craft brews. Staff was very friendly, especially during a sudden thunderstorm, which made us run for shelter inside.

1  Thank Machiel S
Reviewed August 4, 2014

We don't usually venture out to this side of town but today was an exception. We had just come from a funeral in the area and were starving. We stopped at Greenstreet and as usual the wait was 30-45 minutes. Umm no that's not going to work for us cause we're starving! We walked across to Lulu's. Why isn't this place more packed? It's delicious!

We were seated immediately and paired with one of the nicest waiters I've ever had. I ordered a Bloody Mary special that contained a cucumber spicy vodka. It was delicious but a little too spicy for me on an empty stomach. I ordered the blueberry ricotta waffles and a side of bacon. OMG. Soooo good! My daughter had the Oreo waffles. Whoever thought to put Oreos in a waffle is a freakin' genius! She loved every bite.

I'll definitely visit Lulu's more often!

1  Thank nbermond
Reviewed August 3, 2014

Just sooooo tasty and light.
I do reccomand the shrimps in a withe sauce..
Amazing! Nothing to add!!
Indeed one of the best restaurants!

Been to Lulu? Share your experiences!