“Different and interesting”
Review of db Bistro Moderne

db Bistro Moderne
Reserve with OpenTable
db Bistro Moderne is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #64 of 4,201 Restaurants in Miami
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: SE 4th St. 3rd Ave.
Description: Db Bistro Moderne is Chef Daniel Boulud's modern French-American Bistro where traditional French Cuisine meets the flavors of the American market. It's our contemporary interpretation of the Parisian bistro: a seasonal menu highlighting the quality of fine ingredients served in a casual setting. Db Bistro Moderne promises easy-going, convivial and delicious dining with a Miami-chic atmosphere in downtown's JW Marriott Marquis. Our bar & lounge features creative cocktails and an impressive but approachable international wine list. Join us daily for Happy Hour from 5PM-8PM or a night out. We invite you to host your next social dinner, corporate luncheon or wine themed event in one of our private dining areas. We have a variety of room options to fit your entertaining needs, with our largest space accommodating up to 70 guests. Dazzle your co-workers and friends with an evening that reflects Chef Daniel Boulud's spirit of hospitality and attention to detail.
malibu
“Different and interesting”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Ate dinner here recently. Was able to get a table without a reservation on a Monday night, bit the place was packed and I would think a reservation is generally a must. Interesting and inventive food and wine list. Small portion, but incredibly flavorsome and beautifully presented. The sommelier was a little robotic, but he does know his wines. Would definitely return.

• Visited March 2013

Atlanta, GA
“Happy Hour!!! White Cosmos!!!”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

My favorite cocktail is the white cosmo. It is outta-this-world. AND soooo cool! Nobody else makes these quite like db does... with a frozen flower in the ice-cube...

BTW, I did not care for the famous "db burger." It was $34 or so... and it's just not that great. You can do better at Shake Shack or Farm Burger...

The db ambiance is great... I feel some nostalgia for it because our company's in the building and we'd run down for happy hours all the time... It was a very beautiful restaurant.

Visited December 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“18% gratuity policy on take out, for what?”
Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

After a long day of traveling and meetings, I decided to order take out so I could work and relax in my hotel room instead of spending a few hours at the restaurant. Upon placing my to-go order at the bar, I discovered that my take out order had 18% gratuity included. The bartender double checked with the manager and he insisted that was the policy - no exceptions. Horrible policy. Please help me understand why take out deserves 18% gratuity?!?!

1 Thank Jill T
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Has to be the Best in Miami, but pricey”
Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

I had visited DB Bistro in NYC and liked it a lot. The Miami spot is just as good. Tried the octopus appetizer, the scallops with risotto, and chicken as main dishes. I was quite surprised with the chicken and tried it thinking that as a French restaurant it had to be good. It was juicy, tender and delicious. All dishes were superb. Portions are mre thsn adequate. Service is impeccable.The wine list is comprehensive and reasonably priced for the quality. Overall it's expensive but high on the quality and pleasure scale.

Miami, Florida
“Interesting Bistro and menu”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Ate there last night with family and had a wonderful experience overall. I had the pumpkin soup which was a disappointment, however, the bread was fabulous. My entree was a tasting board of cured meats, cheeses and assortment of wonderful other delights. The desserts was decadent and service was fantastic. BTW, I enjoy the wine from Spain Bodegas y Vinedos ALION!

• Visited March 2013