“18% gratuity policy on take out, for what?”
Review of db Bistro Moderne - CLOSED

db Bistro Moderne
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: SE 4th St. 3rd Ave.
Description: Db Bistro Moderne is Chef Daniel Boulud's modern French-American Bistro where traditional French Cuisine meets the flavors of the American market. It's our contemporary interpretation of the Parisian bistro: a seasonal menu highlighting the quality of fine ingredients served in a casual setting. Db Bistro Moderne promises easy-going, convivial and delicious dining with a Miami-chic atmosphere in downtown's JW Marriott Marquis. Our bar & lounge features creative cocktails and an impressive but approachable international wine list. Join us daily for Happy Hour from 5PM-8PM or a night out. We invite you to host your next social dinner, corporate luncheon or wine themed event in one of our private dining areas. We have a variety of room options to fit your entertaining needs, with our largest space accommodating up to 70 guests. Dazzle your co-workers and friends with an evening that reflects Chef Daniel Boulud's spirit of hospitality and attention to detail.
Reviewed March 11, 2013

After a long day of traveling and meetings, I decided to order take out so I could work and relax in my hotel room instead of spending a few hours at the restaurant. Upon placing my to-go order at the bar, I discovered that my take out order had 18% gratuity included. The bartender double checked with the manager and he insisted that was the policy - no exceptions. Horrible policy. Please help me understand why take out deserves 18% gratuity?!?!

1  Thank Jill T

Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

I had visited DB Bistro in NYC and liked it a lot. The Miami spot is just as good. Tried the octopus appetizer, the scallops with risotto, and chicken as main dishes. I was quite surprised with the chicken and tried it thinking that as a French restaurant it had to be good. It was juicy, tender and delicious. All dishes were superb. Portions are mre thsn adequate. Service is impeccable.The wine list is comprehensive and reasonably priced for the quality. Overall it's expensive but high on the quality and pleasure scale.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Ate there last night with family and had a wonderful experience overall. I had the pumpkin soup which was a disappointment, however, the bread was fabulous. My entree was a tasting board of cured meats, cheeses and assortment of wonderful other delights. The desserts was decadent and service was fantastic. BTW, I enjoy the wine from Spain Bodegas y Vinedos ALION!

Reviewed March 1, 2013

Oh my; where to begin? Everything was top notch - from the service, to the food and desserts to the drinks (wine and cocktails). One of things we noticed was the team approach to service. While we had a waiter and sommelier, other members of the waitstaff did not hesitate to fill water, clear plates, etc. All of our needs were anticipated and taken care of. The food was excellent and the wine parings were incredible. Of course we overage, but we wanted to try a bit of everything. Treat yourself; you won't regret it.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

This is an expensive French restaurant. The food was worth the price, but the wine was outrageous. The really bad part was the attitude of about half of the wait staff. I recently spent time in France, including Paris, and can say without a doubt that no one in France was more pretentious than the wait staff.