“Superb service, picture perfect dinner”
Review of db Bistro Moderne

db Bistro Moderne
Reserve with OpenTable
db Bistro Moderne is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #66 of 4,202 Restaurants in Miami
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: SE 4th St. 3rd Ave.
Description: Db Bistro Moderne is Chef Daniel Boulud's modern French-American Bistro where traditional French Cuisine meets the flavors of the American market. It's our contemporary interpretation of the Parisian bistro: a seasonal menu highlighting the quality of fine ingredients served in a casual setting. Db Bistro Moderne promises easy-going, convivial and delicious dining with a Miami-chic atmosphere in downtown's JW Marriott Marquis. Our bar & lounge features creative cocktails and an impressive but approachable international wine list. Join us daily for Happy Hour from 5PM-8PM or a night out. We invite you to host your next social dinner, corporate luncheon or wine themed event in one of our private dining areas. We have a variety of room options to fit your entertaining needs, with our largest space accommodating up to 70 guests. Dazzle your co-workers and friends with an evening that reflects Chef Daniel Boulud's spirit of hospitality and attention to detail.
Ft. Laud, Florida
“Superb service, picture perfect dinner”
Reviewed January 9, 2012

This was our third visit and it was as lovely as we remembered the last 2 times.

Big compliments go to management for excellent organization, efficiency, staff training, courtesy, and a very smooth team approach to table service. Reception and dining room staff were knowledgeable, helpful, and friendly.

For starters, my husband had the beet salad and I had the cold veg. salad. They were both beautifully plated and presented, perfectly chilled, and my husband said it was one of the best salads he can remember in a long time.

For mains, my husband had the short ribs and I had the grilled branzino. We've ordered these items at other 'top 10" restaurants in Miami. These were BETTER.

The 3 dining rooms are artfully designed and comfortable.

We will definitely return.

One note to hotel management: As another poster mentioned....the 4 or 5 valet parkers were busy with their own private conversation when we arrived and also when we left.

For both arrival and departure, we had to wait for one of the valets to finally separate from their group discussion to give us a check for the car, and then to give us the keys when we were ready to leave.

While I am perfectly capable of opening my own door....at $12 for restaurant parking (plus tip), I shouldn't have to wait for the valets to finish gossiping and I would expect that they could have been efficient about their greeting. But both times we had to wait to be noticed and I had to do the door thing myself. I expect better attention for a $12 valet (Plus tip).

• Visited January 2012

Liverpool, UK
“Great Meal”
Reviewed January 8, 2012

Excellent service, inspired french food and tastful surroundings

Visited December 2011
New York
“Not bad, but a miss for the DB brand.”
Reviewed December 9, 2011

The restaurants under the Daniel Boulud brand are either a hit or a miss. This one is a miss. Some sauces were good and some were too heavy and bland; the potatoes that accompanied my entree were made well in advance of dinner and tasted like it. What I enjoy about the dbBistro Moderne in New York is the mix of light and heavy options. Everything on the menu in Miami was just heavy. Also, I don't know if it's because the restaurant hasn't caught on with the Miami crowd, but it was eerily quiet and cold on this visit. Service also needs to improve. The service at this location, with the exception of the bar area, is not at the same level as his other restaurants in New York.

Visited October 2011
Baton Rouge
“Beautiful Place with Beautiful Food”
Reviewed December 7, 2011

Went here on a Friday night with my wife and had a great time. First, the bar is beautiful, chic and extremely comfortable. We had reservations so in we walked. Super well dressed crowd and an extreme upscale feel - just what we expected having been to many Boulud restaurants. The service was a bit off tempo and perhaps a bit overwhelmed due to the crowd but competent nonetheless. Food is just a tad off of perfect. Charcuterie app - very good, escargot - great, branzino for wife - great, duck confit for me - very solid. Overall, this is a beautiful facility (don't forget the bar) with beautiful service personnel, beautiful customers (hope we fit in - ha) and beautiful food preparations. The service as mentioned could have been slightly more attentive, but I won't complain. The food, while very, very good was maybe a bit too simple, but hey, its a bistro - and a darn nice one! Oh, the wine list is great, but I always expect that from Daniel Boulud

Visited August 2011
Cape Cod, MA
“The staff is more interested in talked to each other than service to customers”
Reviewed November 19, 2011

We have been to DB NYC many times. The famous DB burger is still delicious, but it is annoying to be in a restaurant, where we ordered a $270 bottle of wine, and see the somalier holding the bottle, chatting with other servers, over in the corner while we are sitting waiting. It's frustrating to be in a dining room with only 2 other parties and have the staff basically blow us off to visit with each other. This was my birthday and I'm sorry we went there.

• Visited November 2011